PDA

View Full Version : def cap in ulduar 25man raised?

Dimo
05-22-2009, 05:30 AM
Heya,

I'm wondering, is the def cap for Ulduar 25man raised to 550? I need to know if I'm in need to gain more. Thanks for letting me know.

Satrina
05-22-2009, 05:44 AM
Nope. The defense minimum (defense cap = terrible term; it is not a cap) is a function of a mob's level relative to your level. For uncrittability bosses are considered 3 levels higher than you. As long as that remains true, you'll always need 140 defense skill over your level maximum defense (5 x level). It'll be 540 until the level cap is raised.

Changing that "boss is 3 levels higher than you" thing involves changing a lot of things regarding player chance to hit higher level mobs, so it's pretty unlikely that will change outside of an expansion patch.

Dimo
05-22-2009, 05:53 AM
That's what I thought too, but I became so unsure when there were a few people saying that you needed atleast 550 for Ulduar. Thanks for your reply, now I can rest easy :)

Gomarac
05-22-2009, 07:49 AM
ROFL if you happen to have an hordie alt in Lightninghoof then I started tat rumor .. which btw some guildies are still telling new tanks they need. ahh good times.