PDA

View Full Version : Reliable guildies..... that they are not

Harbringerau
05-22-2009, 12:30 AM
I have a guild with my gf on gundrak and we have great players in the guild but the reliability of the guild is driving us insane. Some of our recent additions are saying the same thing.

Any advice for me to get them reliable?

Martie
05-22-2009, 12:51 AM
Reliable in what way?

Trustworthy?
Skill?
Attendancy?
Loyalty?

Harbringerau
05-24-2009, 08:41 PM
Attendance is the main thing. We use the calendar for raid times and ppl accept but not show up. We always have four main ppl turn up on the day and then others who decline try to get in. This is where the skill turns out to be the issue.
I have always been the type of gm to give everyone a go and ppl have proven to be able to handle it stay in. others that believe the have the gear and yet lack the skil when i can shield of righteous and tank the threat then wait 15 secs for them to get it back.
Anyu suggestions

Nicki
05-25-2009, 02:10 AM
I think thats a poor example of skill, paladins have alot of front loaded threat and warriors are subject alot more to how much expertise they have on gear.

Harbringerau
05-25-2009, 06:50 AM
Poor example of what?????
I am not the only one in the groups that have seen this. I have been running as OT for the last few naxx runs and seem to be able to pull threat without trying. If you wish to look into it please feel free i have enough mitigation and threat control to be able to free it up when ever i can. but this is not to do with tanking but more for the fact that i had an ot that had no trouble what so ever holding threat and he has transferred from the server. He wants to come back which is great gives me another mt for another group and an ot for our main prog runs.

veneretio
05-25-2009, 12:42 PM
So what is this thread actually about?

If it's that you don't have consistent enough attendance.... recruit.
If it's that you're pulling threat off a different class... wait, not all classes are equal. If you can't accept that... recruit.
If it's that you're pulling threat off the same class... recruit.

It feels like you're coming here to try to change the people that helped create your guild. The reality is people rarely change. All you can do is recruit people that match the playtime and competitive spirit you desire in your guild. The sad reality is that sometimes those that got you where you are, are not who will take you where you want to go. Leading isn't easy. You have to make tough calls. Benching your senior members may be what you need to do because ultimately what you seem to want out of your guild is:

1. People sign up, show up and raid.
2. People don't sign up, show up and don't get 1st dibs to raid.
3. People sign up and don't show up, get penalized.

As long as you make it very clear that that is how it's going to be then you'll be able to move towards creating a stable guild. If you comprise your guild's core values then you're simply going to go nowhere.

Harbringerau
05-25-2009, 08:42 PM
Thank you someone that saw what the post is about!!! we have penalised ppl for not turning up to raids they pug or gquit.
I never jepordise the core teams and we switch between groups. I do know that not all classes are equal and i always wait before attacking a target in the position of OT.

On a server like gundrak the recruiting scheme of the game goes no where with such a small population.

For example of ppl leaving the guild because of raid spots are that they sat there talking about gear during the raid and boss explanations. We discussed this prior to raiding that ppl get a gear list and hope for the drops. If no drops come next week.
one dps left went to top guild wiped the ulduar groups because of running straight into the mobs with out looking three time in a row. personaly glad he left but he never learnt the issues with raiding.

Almost lost a core raider because of a group of guildies doing the same thing. I have pushed that group of guildies in to the gearing runs of naxx as punishment. they have agreed that they have changed the attitude and they proved that in a 25man naxx last night.
Not only did we prove ourselves as a great guild for raiding but got offers from the other guild in the raid to help their top raiders in bigger raids..

This may work out for recruitment which will be good for both guilds.

Any advice would be great.

Laochra
06-16-2009, 05:22 AM
Sorry if i sound blunt, but after reading your posts, it seems that your guild just isnt working out. The more you try to fix it the more frustrated you are getting. I think you just have some bad raiders who dont give a (Poop?) You should either restart, new name, new attitude, new rules or just leave and join a guild that already is stable and reliable. Good luck in-game and i dont think anyone else could say anything else to help you. Correct me if im wrong.

smashidin213132
09-08-2009, 04:36 AM
Dear Harbingerau, apon your application to my guild i yet await your keen raiders, with your team to back up my realiable raiders i am sure progression will happen we have hit the same spot and only so many log in yet we have had some people join recently and to test them out.

I don't know why the guild has done this as far as broken down no raid or attendence.