PDA

View Full Version : which trinket is better?

Thad
05-21-2009, 08:17 PM
Furnace Stone - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45313)

or

The General's Heart - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45507)

been looking at these and wasn't sure.

Talisman
05-21-2009, 08:27 PM
For bosses I'd say Furnace Stone, since 5k armour isn't a bad panic button to hit whereas the protective barrier thing you're only going to even notice if you're aoe-tanking.

Martie
05-21-2009, 08:33 PM
For general purpose and boss tanking, I'd go with higher stamina at all times (and the extra armor isn't nice - it's great.)

That being said, 2% dodge is nothing to be sneezed at.
(Note: 2.72% before diminishing returns, add some guesstimation about your current dodge and diminishing returns, and I'd say 2% is close enough.)

Magnarosh
05-23-2009, 07:57 AM
For general purpose and boss tanking, I'd go with higher stamina at all times (and the extra armor isn't nice - it's great.)

That being said, 2% dodge is nothing to be sneezed at.
(Note: 2.72% before diminishing returns, add some guesstimation about your current dodge and diminishing returns, and I'd say 2% is close enough.)

there's no stam on either item. the only real difference is the on-use for 5k armor, or the on-proc for damage absorb shields.

Personally, as a DK who is typically in an MT position, i'm going to be passing on Vezax's heart, rather preferring the 2 trinkets from Ignis, both in 10 and 25man versions.

Martie
05-23-2009, 08:20 AM
there's no stam on either item. the only real difference is the on-use for 5k armor, or the on-proc for damage absorb shields.

Personally, as a DK who is typically in an MT position, i'm going to be passing on Vezax's heart, rather preferring the 2 trinkets from Ignis, both in 10 and 25man versions.

I was comparing them both to a stamina trinket.
Being a jewelcrafter, I have two trinkets giving over 100 stamina each, and those are both blue. I doubt I'd use either of these over them.
If I had to choose, I'd go for the furnace stone, though.