PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions

Kiras
05-21-2009, 06:05 AM
Hi there,

I'm a long time reader and main tank for a casual raiding guild. I have a couple of questions for the great minds here at Tankspot. I would appreciate any feedback.

My first question revolves around Improved Demoralizing Shout. As much as I've tried to get DPS warriors to keep this buff up, the uptime of the improved shout is never that great. As such, I've taken it upon myself to try and come up with a good boss tanking build that incorporates Imp. Demo Shout with as much threat as possible. What I've come up with is my alternate spec from the armory. I really doubt that it's as good as it could be and I'd like some opinions as to how I could best incorporate Imp. Demo Shout into a boss tanking spec. Example builds with some explanation for talent choices if you have some time.

My second question revolves around blocking. I feel like I've neglected blocking in my gear choices and I have started making gear choices that add more block rating. With the critical block talent, it would seem to me that having a high block rating and decent block value (mitigating upwards of 3k+ from a physical attack) would be very beneficial. By neglecting block rating have I been making my healers jobs more difficult?

Again, thanks for you time and I appreciate your input.

Kiras, 80 Warrior, Llane
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Llane&cn=Kiras)

Kelven
05-21-2009, 06:32 AM
To answer your first question, I'd probably go something like this:
Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#LVZhiZVItrx0didIzsGo:rTdmMz)

You pretty much sacrifice deep wounds to pick up Imp Demo. This build also picks up Imp Disciplines and has the last stand and shield wall glyph, making both of those a 2 minute cooldown. This build, IMO, is great for boss fights where survival may be an issue, because with 2 on-activate trinkets you have 4 things you can pop, all on a 2 minute cooldown.

So far, tanking Ulduar I've found threat to really be a non-issue on most boss fights, so dropping deep wounds will really only make a difference on aoe trash where the ticks from it would help you keep multiple mobs on you.

EDIT: Just loaded up your armory to take a look at your alternate spec, which is pretty much what I suggested lol, except I didnt max out cruelty and put those points in Imp Disciplines

Kiras
05-21-2009, 07:03 AM
Thank you for the input, Kelven, it's much appreciated.