PDA

View Full Version : So i find myself now the new MT

koffee
05-21-2009, 05:29 AM
After alot of drama within my guild, a group of people moved out. not going into any more detail like, but lets just say i'm now the mt.

before 3.1 i was dps and every now and then i'd ot, but did try and keep up with my def gear. now we got 3.1 and i'm now asked to tank ulduar 10 about 3 times a week, and my gear is worrieing me, so far we doing ok and last night did about 4 bosses, thorim (spelling?) is tonight.

I really need to know how my gear is, and what i can do to make it better and wht other upgrades you guys think i should get asap to help me and my guild progress further into ulduar 10.

My armory link
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Draenor&cn=Koffee)

Regards

Garbid
05-21-2009, 05:49 AM
Maybe focus abit more on stam with your gem job. 16expertise should be 8exp/12stam for example. parry/def should be def/stam. Also you seem to have plenty of def overall so you should add 40stam on bracers, massive hp boost.

Seem to be a few enchants also missing.

Varya
05-21-2009, 05:49 AM
The gear:

The base gear itself is fine. Try to get some new gloves, maybe the heroic emblem trinket; but overall, the base gear is fine. It's your gems and enchants which are worrying.

First of all, the gems. Change the meta gem to the Austere Earthsiege Diamond, 32 stam and 2% extra armour. 2% might not sound like much, but trust me, it makes a significant difference. The 10% stun/fear reduction is more a PvP thing. The other thing about gems is the parry/defense rating gem. Parry is a horrible stat to gem for, due to diminishing returns hitting it far harder than dodge. Change the gem to a dodge/defense rating gem, if anything.

Second, the enchants. Some items are not even enchanted, according to the armory, which is just plain lazy. Get some enchants on your boots (tuskarr's vitality if possible), gloves (armsman, 2% threat and 10 parry rating), chest (10 all stats or 22 defense rating), and cloak (titanweave, 16 defense rating). I'd also suggest changing the enchant on those bracers to the 40 stam one: those bracers are very nice, and worth the enchant.

Final comments on your gear would be to work on your hit rating (try to cap it if possible, 8% to cap melee attacks and specials). DKs are far more dependent on hitting the boss instead of being hit to generate threat, so you pretty much need to keep the melee hit cap and the expertise soft cap to generate decent threat.

I won't comment on your talents as I am not an expert on the Frost playstyle. You should get your professions maxed ASAP though. In general, you've made a good start with gearing up as a tank. Keep it up!