PDA

View Full Version : First-Time 'Rate My Char'

Odwome
05-19-2009, 10:54 PM
So yeah, I've been reading these forums for a while and I just was wondering if I could get any constructive criticism regarding my gear/enchants/gems/whatever. I'm pretty happy with what I'm using right now, but I'm obviously open to any suggestions that would help out with tanking.

So go ahead and check my armory. The link's in the drop-down menu.

And as a reference for other gear of mine, I have full T7.5, T8 (10man) gloves, Handguards of the Enclave, Cloak of the Shattered sun, all the naxx tanking trinkets (other than the parry one), Valor Medal, Dragon Brood Legplates, and the 25 man Maly necklace, and various other tanking items.

Any tips/criticisms/comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edit:

Direct link to my armory page: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Firetree&n=Odwome)

10 man progression: All but General and Yogg. No hardmode attempts yet.

25 man progression: All of the Siege and Antechamber areas, plus Hodir. Have yet to try Freya, Thorim and Mimiron on 25 man, as with General and Yogg. No hardmodes attempted yet either.

Edit 2: Currently I have 24 Emblems of Conquest, and I should be able to get at least 4 more this week (from Vault, Kologarn and Auriaya), so I would be able to get the Conquest Emblem gloves or belt by the end of the week. Also, a guildmate has the blacksmithing recipe for the Indestructible Plate Girdle, which I hear is the current best in slot for Prot Warriors, and there are some Runed Orbs in the guild bank, though I do not know I would be able to get them or not.

Edit 3: I keep thinking of more things to include in this post, I wish I hadn't posted it so quickly in the first place...

I'm also considering replacing my HS and Revenge glyphs with Last Stand and Shield Wall, as well as dropping the 2 points I have in Cruelty for Improved Disciplines. This would obviously be for progression raiding, so I was wondering if that would be a good idea or not. I rarely have threat problems, except on AoE trash pulls and whatnot, so I don't think that the loss of rage would be that big of a problem, nor would the 2% less crit from removing the points from Cruelty.

Arkunsun
05-20-2009, 06:35 AM
I only have one question. Why the bunny trinket over the crab?

Odwome
05-20-2009, 07:32 AM
I only have one question. Why the bunny trinket over the crab?

I have the crab with a regular gem in its blue slot, and a 41 stam in the yellow slot. I switch between the two of them so that I have more flexibility with socket bonuses and whatnot.

loquatious
05-20-2009, 07:34 AM
I read the title as "Rate My Chair" - I thought maybe you were comparing comfy computer chairs

As for your toon - you have good gear but most JC use the crab.

Odwome
05-20-2009, 07:41 AM
I read the title as "Rate My Chair" - I thought maybe you were comparing comfy computer chairs

As for your toon - you have good gear but most JC use the crab.

I vaguely addressed why I use the rabbit instead of the crab in my previous response, but I suppose I should be more specific.

The reason I'm using it is because my T7.5 shoulders have a 41 stam gem in them for an effective health setup. I barely use that setup though, since it only gains me about 100 health, and trades expertise for block rating, and there isn't anywhere else that would be really beneficial to put that 41 stam gem.

Also, the 30% run speed does come in handy from time to time.

NecroNetics
05-20-2009, 02:31 PM
The only advice I could think to give is to replace some of your enchants (shield, chest) to health if you need it. You're plenty over the defense minimum and the boost to health might help you in progression.