PDA

View Full Version : Expertise vs. Armsman

Nihlius
05-19-2009, 09:55 PM
My raid leader and and I were going over things to help boost my threat and he mentioned choosing Expertise over Armsman for my glove enchant. On average I'm doing around 5,000 tps so Armsman adds around 200 tps. Would the expertise enchant add more threat than Armsman? (I'm sitting at 9 expertise before food buffs)

Bumbuckle
05-19-2009, 10:06 PM
Wow you only have 9? This is something I'd consider boosting, not just with a Expertise to gloves, but something else aswell, gearing change, gemming etc. Expertise not only adds to your threat, ie preventing dodges and parrys of your damaging attacks, but it also adds to surviability, ie preventing parry haste.

At such low expertise I would consider the +15 expertise rating enchant over Armsman.

Damonvile
05-19-2009, 10:15 PM
What are you raiding ? and what class are you ?

Nihlius
05-19-2009, 10:26 PM
I play a DK and do the tier 7 10 man content for the most part.

klor
05-19-2009, 11:11 PM
guardian's twilight opals are your friend :)

pengu
05-22-2009, 11:30 AM
Since you are a death knight, what spec of death knight are you? If you are tanking as frost, then expertise will not add as much threat as it would in blood because two of your main abilities are not avoidable (frost strike and rune strike). If you are blood I would find it problematic to raid with that amount of expertise.

When are you concerned about your threat? If your problem is at the start of the fight I would get expertise because the first 10 seconds you may not see a runestrike pop up and some of your other abilities will be more important. If you are worried about threat later in the fight (but not short spikes or dips) then armsman would likely do you better.

This will get easier as you get access to more naxx gear. It can be hard at first to maintain some of the threat stats while being as survivable as your raid would like.