PDA

View Full Version : SO people are laughing at me because of my weapon

Logos
05-18-2009, 06:03 AM
Hello fellow tankspot users..
SO ive been raiding ulduar for 2 weeks now and i got Titanguard last week and everything was cool UNTIL i saw Vulmir and luckily i got it last night ^_^-we didnt have any Enh shammies or rogues in the raid so i asked for it..they LOL'd of course but gave it to me..i did 2 heroics with it and it is AMAZING -i used to tank with Broken promise alot too so i dont have a prob with slow weapons..
so basiclly my question is am i being an "idiot" :P cuz since last night like 4 tanks have whispered me saying "WTF are you a rogue or something? "

Gaeldar
05-18-2009, 06:11 AM
Heroic strike and fast weapons make love to eachother. Slow weapons and heroic strike don't like eachother:)

Gehn
05-18-2009, 06:12 AM
Is it ideal? Probably not.

Are you dieing because of it? Are dps pulling agro because of it? If not, then moon them during the next pull.

thorwan
05-18-2009, 06:16 AM
if i saw a rogue witht that weapon i would whisper "WTF are you ninja or something"^^ ideal for a dk tank though

Vassilly
05-18-2009, 06:56 AM
Slow weapons love heroic strike. In fact they love it so much they go entire fights without auto attacking.

Regill
05-18-2009, 09:59 AM
Use Titanguard. Fast weapons are superior for for warrior tanks. The high speed means more Heroic Strikes, and we usually have enough rage in ulduar to spam HS

Leave Weapons like Vulmir for the dpsers.

For reference, check out Sorthalis. Best in slot tank weapon, note the 1.6 speed.
Sorthalis, Hammer of the Watchers - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45442)

Kerg
05-18-2009, 11:44 AM
First of all, I wouldn't roll/bid on that weapon over a dpser (which you didn't), but since you already have it... I would use that weapon for trash in AoE situations if you have a Deep Wounds build. Deep Wounds is based on weapon damage, so a slower weapon will do more DoT damage, which adds up to a significant amount in AoE situations, plus you should be dumping rage with Cleave instead of Heroic Strike on AoE pulls, and a slow weapon does more threat with Cleave than a fast weapon.

But in all single target situations and on bosses, I think you would be much better off with a faster weapon for quicker Heroic Strike dumps. That slow weapon also has no Defense on it, which can be problematic if it forces you to gem for Defense to reach 540... resulting in a loss of Stamina.

Swanky
05-18-2009, 12:32 PM
Seems awesome for prot pvp.

clavarnway
05-18-2009, 01:01 PM
I wouldn't use it over Titanguard, which you already have.

Muffin Man
05-18-2009, 01:52 PM
First of all, I wouldn't roll/bid on that weapon over a dpser (which you didn't), but since you already have it... I would use that weapon for trash in AoE situations if you have a Deep Wounds build. Deep Wounds is based on weapon damage, so a slower weapon will do more DoT damage, which adds up to a significant amount in AoE situations, plus you should be dumping rage with Cleave instead of Heroic Strike on AoE pulls, and a slow weapon does more threat with Cleave than a fast weapon.

But in all single target situations and on bosses, I think you would be much better off with a faster weapon for quicker Heroic Strike dumps. That slow weapon also has no Defense on it, which can be problematic if it forces you to gem for Defense to reach 540... resulting in a loss of Stamina.

More or less I agree with this.

You don't need 540 defense for trash, you don't need maxed out stamina. And you can't heroic strike all the time with a fast weapon on trash anyways.

Then you reach a boss and it's all turned upside down. But since I didn't see you mention selling Titanguard I assume like a good tank you're keeping both for different situations ;).

Horacio
05-18-2009, 02:11 PM
Is it ideal? Probably not.

Are you dieing because of it? Are dps pulling agro because of it? If not, then moon them during the next pull.

This.

That said, a number of topics on fast vs. slow have been discussed on these forums. I've personally put Broken Promise up against Red Sword and the faster weapon will win out on boss tanking but who really cares? If you make it work, more power to you.