PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard Server Locations (US)

Genome852
05-16-2009, 09:10 AM
Are all the US servers hosted in the same location? For example, if I get 50 ping to one server, will I have that same ping across all of them? If not, is there anyway I can see my connection to each server without creating a character on each one?

And around how much ping fluctuation is there at peak times? Where I currently play, at around 8 pm raiding becomes impossible because of lag.

(Asking cause I'll be moving to the US soon >_>)

Satrina
05-16-2009, 09:11 AM
US realm list by datacenter - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft (http://www.wowwiki.com/US_realm_list_by_datacenter)

Physical proximity doesn't guarantee the best ping time, but it's not a bad place to start. You can do traceroutes to the servers (the trace will stop at the router before the actual server, but close enough) to see which ones have the best routes, if it matters that much to you.

As you've noticed, peak time affects server response. If the server you choose is high population (or has hardware problems, or whatever), you'll get extra latency added in that you simply can't predict.

Genome852
05-16-2009, 09:44 AM
Exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks