PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder enchant

murck
05-14-2009, 11:32 PM
Hello fellow tankspot members.

I have heard that it is actually possi ble to get the +30 stam and +resilience enchant on shoulders and drop a few levels in defense? Could be awesome if you want to go for that threat set or in general just get a high stamina set, is this true that resilience affect PvE in this way and how much defense would I be allowed to drop?

Regard Mukk <Opps> of Shadowsong EU

Pesko
05-14-2009, 11:36 PM
resilience effects pve aswell, tho i dosen't give you avoidance such as def rating.
i think the epic shoulder ench from Hodir is better than that pvp enchant.
20 dodge, 15 def rating. roughly 1% avoidance.

Theres no doubt its worth consindering if your not exalted with Hodir.

Aethelas
05-14-2009, 11:48 PM
I believe the 15 resilience rating gives you around ,2% 'anti crit rating'. With not having been drinking enough coffee just yet to anwser your question with the appropriate math - memory has to serve me but if the tooltip resilience works equally well on mobs that are level 83 (and I don't think so) you could afford to lose 5 defense skill (about 25 rating). It's likely going to be way less effective than that though. I'm liking the stamina the enchant gives me, but I am quite likely going back to the avoidance one as soon as I get some more Ulduar gear and am no longer aching for more hitpoints.

murck
05-14-2009, 11:52 PM
But in theory this should work like defense but without giving you the dodge,block,parry etc? :o

Gnurken
05-15-2009, 12:36 AM
Well, only up to 5.6% "anti-crit". More resilliance after that is pointless in PVE.

Check the actual percentages on your char-screen (tooltip) and add it up, if you pass 5.6% you are fine for not getting critted in PVE.

I used this enchant for maxing out stamina, for like when we did 3-drakes.

murck
05-15-2009, 12:51 AM
Well, only up to 5.6% "anti-crit". More resilliance after that is pointless in PVE.

Check the actual percentages on your char-screen (tooltip) and add it up, if you pass 5.6% you are fine for not getting critted in PVE.

I used this enchant for maxing out stamina, for like when we did 3-drakes.

Thanks for the answer :D will check this when I get of work then I guess :cool:

Elmyrdius
05-15-2009, 09:36 AM
I have the +30stam/+15resil chant on my shoulders, because I'm still working on hodir rep, and I'm trying to maximise my overall health since I'm over 540def. I'm almost exalted with SoH, so hopefully in the next few days I can get that done and swap out my shoulder enchant (hopefully some better shoulders drop for me tonight, gonna run a fast naxx10, I NEEEEEEED to get rid of these terrible shoulders that I'm stuck with now :( )