PDA

View Full Version : Titanium Weapon Chain vs Stoneskin Gargoyle

Driafen
05-14-2009, 05:01 PM
I just hit 80 on my Death Knight and am getting my gear in order, and wanted some opinions on this...

I just put Titanium Weapon Chain on a Titansteel Destroyer. I went to go Runeforge the weapon as normal, and I should have known this because of how enchants were generally handled before, but you can't have both. (Call me greedy, I usually play a rogue (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sisters+of+Elune&n=Fendria), and am used to poisoning enchanted weapons. I was hoping this would work similarly.)

So... Rune of the Stoneskin Gargoyle vs Titanium Weapon Chain for tanking. I am leaning towards the chain, but I'd hate to abandon a class feature.

And please, no comments on enchants besides the two here, i.e. "You should be putting <enchant name> on that, and neither of those." Let's keep this strictly between those two.

Tatt
05-14-2009, 05:05 PM
Umm Rune of Gargoyle...did I mention rune of gargoyle? Seriously, it is infintely better than the weapon chain...it is much easier to get 25 hit rating than the defense PLUS the scaling stamina increase. Take advantage of being a dk, the rune is ridiculously powerful.

Molohk
05-14-2009, 05:12 PM
Like Tatt said: assuming you're talking about a tanking set, Stoneskin Gargoyle is much much much much much much better than the weapon chain.

Snugglasaur
05-14-2009, 05:12 PM
I understand that you may not want to hear this, but limiting yourself to just these two options is fairly narrow minded, when it comes to tanking the 4% non DR'd parry from Rune of Swordshattering - Spell - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=53323) is another very good option.

Martie
05-14-2009, 05:13 PM
Let's see, what would I pick? About 60 stamina and 25 defense or 28 hit...

Seriously, how can this even be a question?

I'd pick 25 defense over 28 hit almost any day.
I'd pick 60 stamina over 28 hit on any day and twice on sunday.

The rune of gargoyle would be insanely overpowered, were it not for lack of tanking 2handers.

Tatt
05-14-2009, 05:14 PM
Hey Martie, you ever heard of Inevitable Defeat?

Driafen
05-14-2009, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the input. I am just used to thinking of hit as being so important. Yeah, the stamina is very nice. The defense is good, but I am already past defense cap, so I wonder how much more would really even be worthwhile.

In comparison to my over cap defense rating, my hit rating is a measly 98.

Despite that, do you still think the runeforge would be a better option?

On Swordshattering, it's 4% Parry instead of 28 hit, basically, vs the weapon chain. Now, that, I'd actually need to think more about for the point I am at...

Snugglasaur
05-14-2009, 05:57 PM
The Hit vs. Parry decision comes back to which are you having more issues with? Issues with threat? Go for the Hit Rating. Survivability? Go with Parry. Below the defense cap or low on health? Go with the defense/stam.

It all depends on your needs, I was merely pointing out a 3rd very good option. :)

Myddraal
05-14-2009, 06:15 PM
I was looking at your armory (hope you dont mind) either the armory is screwy again (which is quite possible) or you are below the uncrittable point (def cap is mis used) of 540. I would use the stoneskin enchant because it gives you a very nice def boost.

Driafen
05-14-2009, 06:37 PM
Armory generally does not update unless you log out.. let me look at it.

Yes, armory has my old gear still. I have been logged for hours today, and in that time I have gotten lots of upgrades.

Martie
05-14-2009, 06:56 PM
Hey Martie, you ever heard of Inevitable Defeat?

You mean that big two handed mace stacked with DPS stats?

Snugglasaur
05-14-2009, 09:11 PM
You mean that big two handed mace stacked with DPS stats?

stacked with DPS stats in such a way that it is also stacked with death knight tanking stats.

Strength = Parry and AP(Threat)
Agility = Dodge and Armor
Stamina = Health
Expertise = Threat and Less Parries(Less Gibs)