PDA

View Full Version : Aoe

Myddraal
05-14-2009, 02:30 PM
Ive been thinking about a pure AoE build and was wondering what you guys thought of. I am a 51/0/20 blood dps and cant aoe to save my life. My guild has had some problems with bad aoe centered players not doing there job on decon in 25mans and was wondering if there was any good AoE builds out there.
I know HB is huge but i was wondering if there were any types of builds that would pump out some huge AoE dps.

Feanorr
05-14-2009, 03:27 PM
Unholy; glyphed DnD + UB + diseases = crazy AOE dps.

However, using a melee to AOE the adds on the deconstructor is not a great idea imo, because of the bombs.

Satorri
05-15-2009, 06:00 AM
Are we talking AoE dps or tanking?

Personally I LOVE Unholy for large count tanking, though Frost does the job just fine. I've been doing it as blood and it just takes more work.

If you want dps, Unholy can ramp up to extreme aoe dps though it takes time, whereas Frost can do very big splash but stays pretty consistent start to finish. If you're looking for good add nuking on XT I'd recommend Frost. You can use Glyphed Howling Blast with Chillblains to slow packs at range while setting up heavy aoe dmg. If you do it well you may be able to Oblit stuff out of range of Boombots and HB packs in range with Rime procs as well.

That said, XT is more often a test of your raid's coordination on CC. Root, stun, and stop the boombots and bring them low on health, drop slow traps on the scrapbots and finish the boombot when several are in range. If you hit enough of them with that blast they're really easy to finish off.

Another little strat I picked up which made the fight even easier: if you tank XT on the side between two scrap piles, instead of in the middle or by the stairs as a lot of people do, adds only come from the other side's two scap piles. That will make it so there are only two streams of adds with very coverable paths.

Myddraal
05-15-2009, 11:14 AM
Really? is that a bug or was it meant to be that way? That would be very nice. You could almost bottleneck them before they get even close to them.
Its from a dps standpoint. I was hoping for aoe with alot of quick burst damage and i forgot about chillablins and slowing. I think i will have to try out a spec with that.

Feanorr
05-15-2009, 04:28 PM
Another little strat I picked up which made the fight even easier: if you tank XT on the side between two scrap piles, instead of in the middle or by the stairs as a lot of people do, adds only come from the other side's two scap piles. That will make it so there are only two streams of adds with very coverable paths.

uh I will definetly have to try this.

About the bombs, our raid just let them pass and explode on the boss; melee and tank have to becarefull though; but the explosion size isnt huge, I already got one on my right and one on my left and didnt took them (as the tank on XT)

Satorri
05-18-2009, 07:14 AM
If you are good at using the bombs it makes the Scrapbots much easier to kill and means you can get more dps back on the heart (though in our raids our melee dps stay on the heart as long as they can and we have to be careful not to do too much damage and have two back to back add phases).