PDA

View Full Version : Done raiding for a while

Rennadrel
05-13-2009, 08:14 PM
I am burned out, sick of Naxx and was tired of being in a guild that was not really going anywhere. I left this morning, no hard feelings and I really enjoyed my time but not being able to get into Ulduar nightly because people left the guild the other week over silly arguments with the fragments for the legendary mace going to the most regular raiders in the guild, I just felt that I needed to move on.

Someone tried to ninja invite me to the top raiding guild on Horde side for my server but I declined because a) I don't want to be a shoe in where I won't be needed that often b) I know some of the people don't happen to like me c) I want to be in a guild where my skills as a paladin can be put to good use with either spec (ret/prot). I consistantly show up to raids and put out good DPS in my main spec, a little rusty as a tank since I don't do it often and fill in that role better as an OT then MT, but my tanking set wouldn't make me viable for Ulduar. I don't care about a guild's raid progression so long as they are doing Ulduar constantly and working to clear it, being in a hardcore guild would not work in my favour since working in the summer and school would not allow me to raid every night.

So I dunno, I am just tired and left my guild because I am a little worn out from it and need a bit of personal time to work on dailies and do some achievements/rep farming for a little bit before I step back into the fray. I know there is one guild I would not mind getting in with because I have done For the Horde with a bunch of their members before and the raid leader was a nice guy.

Lucinam
05-14-2009, 05:59 AM
I think he may have been looking for a guild forum.

Either that or he wants us to encourage him not to quit / recruit him to one of our guilds.

Taoden
05-14-2009, 06:01 AM
I was thinking he maybe meant to post it to a blog.

Ezimodnar
05-14-2009, 07:44 AM
Seems like meaning to post it in a blog here makes the most sense.

Rennadrel
05-14-2009, 08:08 AM
No, I am sure I am not the only person who gets tired of raiding after a while.

Ezimodnar
05-14-2009, 08:15 AM
No, I am sure I am not the only person who gets tired of raiding after a while.

Well, the way you worded it seemed like this was addressing your gquit to the people you played with.

I think a more appropriate way of talking about it over here would be to ask about others experiences.

Sysmon
05-14-2009, 08:46 AM
I burned out on raiding when running Molten Core, then again with Karazhan. When my alliance guild got through Naxx-25 and 10-man EoE, I was facing another burn out.

I have raid tanked, raid dps'ed and raid/MT healed. I enjoyed all aspects and I enjoy the boss fights tremendously.

However, I felt that:
1) my play schedule just couldn't be regular enough for organized raids even if I put in the hours needed to prep for it.

2) raiding provokes Raider Brain Syndrome. RBS manifests itself by the player suddenly seeing everything in the game as either Raid Preparation or irrelevant. Run this instance until this drops, get that profession for that buff, grind this rep until this can be bought, etc. RBS is especially bad among dps, who seem to think everything is done against a timer; max out dps for the shortest possible battles, regardless of healer or tank abilities. All builds was either raid-efficient or useless. RBS focuses the game to a single track, which I eventually got bored with.

3) Drama over raid spots, loot rules, etc... killed a lot of the fun.

and

4) lack of discipline to get the raids to run smooth got on my nerves. All people can have maximum fun if everybody shows up on time and put in effort while the raid is going on.

So I have basically withdrawn from raiding, concentrating on being guild leader of a small horde guild, something I have done for a few years now. I took over the rudder when the previous GL faced burnout associated with drama and mass exodus last time the guild raided. Since then the guild has been too small to organize raids, but we instance, quest and pvp a lot instead. And we are a bit of a resting place for burned out raiders.

Sometimes we do get enough people on that my raid-organizing neurons fire involuntarily, but I quench the idea fast. If we ever do raid again, it will be as a subgroup of the guild, or casually, a-wing-a-day-style.

Here is to hoping that Blizz will add content in a timely enough fashion that there will always be some non-raiding fun to do...

:D S

Kazeyonoma
05-14-2009, 09:42 AM
Take your comments elsewhere. Yes he probably could've put this in a blog, or added a subtext to the end of his post asking for others to share their problems, or hell it could be moved to another forum (I'll probably do that now), but that doesn't mean you guys need to attack him for sharing his experience. If you want to troll and attack players, gtfo, World of Warcraft Forums ->>>> way.

Sysmon
05-14-2009, 09:54 AM
He did get a hug, though.

Rennadrel
05-15-2009, 10:20 AM
3) Drama over raid spots, loot rules, etc... killed a lot of the fun.

4) lack of discipline to get the raids to run smooth got on my nerves. All people can have maximum fun if everybody shows up on time and put in effort while the raid is going on.

Here is to hoping that Blizz will add content in a timely enough fashion that there will always be some non-raiding fun to do...

I have stopped for the same reason. A bunch of people left the guild because of the "drama" surrounding the Fragments of Val'ynar and which healer deserved to get the mace first, officers and GL decided who the two ideal players were and everyone else got pissy about it, I didn't care personally since I was not an officer and it wasn't in my place to question the decision. I was relied on as one of the more knowledgeable people in raids after that happened because a bunch of good players left but I was getting annoyed when people wouldn't listen to what I had to say, when your melee DPS can't even stack on Kel'thuzad and then won't stay spread out on Deconstructor which in turn causes wipes despite the fact that with our core group we had no troubles, it causes for real headaches. Plus, I am not paying 45 dollars for a WoW game card.

And the only new non raiding content I completed 4 days ago. All thats left is achievements and rep grinds.