PDA

View Full Version : My Blood Draining Review

Frae
05-13-2009, 08:21 AM
Over the next couple weeks I will be running my WMO to track this enchant. Last night was my first raid with it on my Last Laugh. My first impressions of it are not good at all.
BTW my toon on the reports is Fraeblood.

This first link is the All Bosses link to see what it hit for. We cleared to Hodir and I only sat for XT.
An overall look at all the bosses of the night:
WoW Meter Online - Combatlog Replay in Engrish (http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/log/665121)
A link to my healing for the night:
WoW Meter Online - Combatlog Replay in Engrish (http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/detail/107922813#healingout)
BTW WMO sometimes like to load slow, if you click and it does this just X it out and reclick the link. Ya I think I am gonna start to use WWS instead, I just like WMO's lay out more.

My roles for the fights were:
VOA: MT
Razor: Center Tank & Boss Tank
AOI: Brundir (the little guy)
Kolo: Body Tank
Auriaya: MT
Hodir MT (3 piece FR geared)

As you can see it did not proc very much if you consider we raid for 4 hours. On a few fights it did not proc at all, but that would be due to me tanking mobs that don't hit so hard.
One of the more interesting parts is the amount of over healing it did. For something that I would see as a life saver, my healers seem to be doing it faster then the proc, unless the combat log counts it after a heal lands and therefor says it is an overheal. (and no flames on how little I eat a HS:p)

Now I want to run more reports and I want to see what it heals for on Mimiron tonight. I think for phase 1 and 4 it might be the most useful enchant.

So far my thoughts on it is that it would be a good enchant for a tank whos healers may not be as skilled as mine, or it may proc more if I took harder hits, although for almost all the fights I was in position to take the most damage then any other tank. So I must say as of my first day review it's not been what I had hoped for. It might be better for other tanks who need the boost due to less skilled healers, or less gear on themselves. Perhaps as fights get harder it may come into play more.

More testing to come....

Lizana
05-13-2009, 10:57 AM
So what other enchant offers even a fraction of the befit for survival?

And even just looking at the effective heal amount, 21,414, thats more than your enraged regen healed you for, does that mean enraged regen is a terrible POS ability?

The more important thing to look at is the buff up time and the proc rate
Blood Reserve 35 procs 03:33:03 amount of time it was up 68% uptime for the buff

That means Blood Reserve was proced almost as many times as you used shield block on the bosses. It has a much higher uptime than shield block as well. It was up on you more than your resto shamans earth shield.

It also healed more than all these other abilities on you
enraged Regeneration
Earthliving
Holy Shock(R7)
Flash of Light(R9)
Healing Touch(R15)
Master Healthstone
Divine Hymn
Gift of the Naaru
Ancestral Awakening
Healing Wave(R14)
Vampiric Embrace
Glyph of Prayer of Healing
Melee with seal of Light

The fact that it offers that extra cushion when you need it the most is what makes it so powerful, not the fact that it will heal you an insane amount. Thats just not what the enchant is supposed to do. Also as a side note, if you run with 8 healers, you should never need a healing enchant on your weapon... Most guilds i know run with 7 healers in ulduar, therefore causing there to be an even greater need for a survival enchant

Frae
05-13-2009, 11:32 AM
I like your input, but the fact that it healed for more then any of those abilities is only due to the amount of times those abilities were used on me, and most em them had better HPS which if they landed as many times as Blood Reserve did, one could argue the HPS would push them to heal me more. Heck most of em were used one time on me. Yes the enchant works when it needs to. My point was its a very rare occurance for me. Yes the fact you pointed out that maybe we use an extra healer then most guilds points to a reson why it isnt as efective for me, but thats my point. For me. I mentioned that on another warrior, in another guild, it may be more usefull.

Now you have a great point on does another enchant offer more anyways. I would have to do more testing and gather the info on other enchants and compare em. This is not a one post and done for me. I wanna test this for a couple weeks. Many factors go into its usefullness, and I can totaly see having it on one of my weapons for when its usefulness is great. Obviously looking at my stats there were some bosses where it was never even used.

I love the feedback and would love others to link and post their reactions to this enchant.

Squashed
05-13-2009, 11:44 AM
I love it...Not for what it does every night and every fight, but for what it CAN do for me.

If you've ever had B.D. on a weapon, and used a healthpot or healthstone because you dropped ridiculously low, check your logs, because you probably also proc'd blood draining. Its smart a great, smart heal.

Now, once I drop health trinkets for avoidance trinkets (once Ulduar is on farm) then maybe I'll switch to a threat oriented enchant. But the truth is, for whats out there, this is the only enchant that will come close to increase your 'effective health', but even thats something of a stretch.

clavarnway
05-13-2009, 12:17 PM
If it didn't proc much that has nothing to do with the enchant - it means you didn't go below 35% hp much. Start doing hard modes then tell me how much it procs.

Frae
05-13-2009, 12:37 PM
Yeah i see your point, and the more i do think of it, it is better then most enchants. Most of them give you more threat, which I don't really need at this point. Maybe I was wanting too much out of it, but it does what it needs to do, not what I want it to do, and in that respect, it does it well.

But as Clavarnway says, I don't like to go with what ifs, and seeing your armory, I don't think you speak from experience. Either way we will see how it does when I am in more life threatening situations.

Kavtor
05-13-2009, 01:01 PM
On our first Vezax kill, Blood Reserve proc'd 7 times, for about 1k each.
7k healing is completely trivial.
Getting an extra 1k health back any time you go below 35% health is pretty solid.

I'd say it's vaguely the best choice for progression content, but I wouldn't argue much with someone who disagreed. It's not much better than mongoose. And mongoose is much better for anything where there isn't a persistent lack of death.