PDA

View Full Version : When is enough enough?

Thronnos-Rokke
05-11-2009, 10:49 PM
Hi Tankspot, I have a minor problem hitting me in a major way... Currently i am in a guild with friends there are 5 of us total and up til 3.1 release i was happy. What changed that is that we were pugging people from a 25 man guild and running 10 man naxx on a weekly basis, now however the 25 man guild is intent on progression making it increasingly harder to get a 10 man to enter Ulduar ourselves, With that the rest of my friends have been frequenting the game less and less while i grow more and more bored with sitting alone.

Now, the logical solution would be to find a guild and join it to raid and enjoy my time online however the server i am on does not have any quality guilds horde side recruiting, They do however have a dozen or more alliance guilds (all ranked fairly well) recruiting. When is enough, enough? When should i finally lay down my sword and shield to reroll alliance in hopes of furthering my own personal goals?

RialÚv
05-11-2009, 11:35 PM
Consider this first,

How much time are you going to spend lvling this alliance character. How much time are you going to spend gearing this character. How much more content may come out before you are raid ready?

That's what I'd be considerring before a reroll... If you are feeling like you're hitting a wall like you describe, why not transfer instead? And save yourself the time it would take to completely reroll.

Other than that, I won't tell you to wait it out and see what happens, that is up to you.

Cookie
05-11-2009, 11:53 PM
Have a look at the guild recruitment forums both here and on the wow forums and transfer instead.

But before you transfer, talk to people in the guild and check out the people and progress, because once you transfer, you can't do it again for 30 days.

Fayre
05-12-2009, 03:57 AM
You could perhaps persuade your friends to transfer with you. I think that's overall a better idea than starting from scratch though - it's a lot of work!

Thronnos-Rokke
05-12-2009, 04:40 AM
One of the big things about transfering is the cost, Though i suppose if it keeps me interested in what i am doing it would be worth it. Thank you guys for the response and maybe i can work this out.