PDA

View Full Version : Charge glyph nerfed

Szentia
05-11-2009, 05:36 PM
Well, this will make picking up adds harder..

Glyph of Rapid Charge now reduces the cooldown of your Charge ability by 7%. (Down from 20%)

Yet another PvP nerf having a negative effect on PVE. Not like it's the first time this has happened...

Damonvile
05-11-2009, 07:19 PM
I don't really see it as a big deal....although at 7% I doubt I'd use it anymore...but I hate getting nerfed because of PvP.

I don't really see why it couldn't be 20% (7% in an arena). But w/e

Magnuss
05-11-2009, 10:23 PM
They hate making arena fixes but they do it all the time. Changing the glyph AND changing juggernaut seemed a little excessive, but basically all it does for tanks is remove that glyph from being worth the ink it takes to craft.

Bluepepper
05-11-2009, 11:12 PM
Currently with Glyph of Rapid charge reducing the cooldown of charge by 20% that brings charges CD down to 12 seconds.

15 seconds X (100% - 20%) = 12 seconds

With the proposed nerf it brings down the cooldown of charge to 13.95 seconds.

15 seconds X (100% - 7%) = 13.95 seconds

So after the proposed nerf, if you have the glyph equiped it'll only reduce charges CD by 1.05 seconds.

15 seconds - 13.95 seconds = 1.05 seconds

I think if blizzard keeps this nerf on Glyph of Charge it's going to kill the popularity of this glyph. It'd probably be a wise decision to glyph something else. Any recommendations?

Szentia
05-12-2009, 01:33 AM
Will probably switch to Thunderclap.

idn
05-12-2009, 04:30 AM
The Glyph is now pretty much worthless in my opinion for PvE.

Nerfing Juggernaut that much at the same time probably is too harsh given how far behind Warriors were in PvP before it was introduced. Oh well...

swelt
05-12-2009, 05:50 AM
I can't see many tanks having taken glyph of rapid charge since they introduced such beauties as Last Stand and Shield Wall glyphs, especially as they allowed Warbringer to intercept in defensive stance (I wonder how many tanks have actually started doing this? It feels like ninja skills to intervene then charge then intercept, I've covered the entire XT-002 arena in 3 GCDs)

Juggernaut nerf was coming, it was OP. I don't like the way they've nerfed it, I'd have rather seen something like "charge in combat and your next rend or hamstring costs no rage" than some RNG.

Fayre
05-12-2009, 05:52 AM
It's a major glyph, I very much doubt too many tanks had it given the alternatives.

Chromazone
05-12-2009, 08:13 AM
I could see where people may take this if they're an add tank and have to get around fast, but even then I'd use glyph of sunder armor over it to increase multi-target tanking efficiency.