PDA

View Full Version : Def Rating and Blood Craze

Genome852
05-09-2009, 08:18 PM
Yeah I know tanks don't have Blood Craze, but I'm just curious in general:

In PVP, once you get resilience, abilities that are triggered by you getting hit by a crit (Blood Craze) will have an additional chance to proc every time you are hit (noncrits) to make up for the fact that they would otherwise proc less with resilience, since you will obviously eat less crits.

Does the same thing apply to Def Rating? As in, will Blood Craze proc off noncrits if you are uncrittable?

blackhand
05-09-2009, 09:50 PM
In PVP, once you get resilience, abilities that are triggered by you getting hit by a crit (Enrage, Bloodcraze) will have an additional chance to proc every time you are hit (noncrits) to make up for the fact that they would otherwise proc less with resilience, since you will obviously eat less crits.

Um unless blizzard changed some game design, you don't/can't have any chance of getting a Bloodcraze proc on any non-crit. Some times blizzard will make talents scale a little better knowing this but there isn't any secret code that gives you a "fair" chance at procing it since PvP = resiliance.

Genome852
05-09-2009, 10:26 PM
Um unless blizzard changed some game design, you don't/can't have any chance of getting a Bloodcraze proc on any non-crit.

You do. With resilience, any noncrit hits against you have a chance to proc crit-triggered abilities, though the chance is obviously quite low.

A blue poster confirmed this a while ago, and I've seen it happen multiple times.

blackhand
05-09-2009, 11:46 PM
If you could find it for me, that would be great then but until then I'm not convinced...

Hengist
05-10-2009, 12:02 AM
If you could find it for me, that would be great then but until then I'm not convinced...
Go and take some damage from fire in IF and convince yourself when your enrage procs.

Dhalphir
05-10-2009, 12:09 AM

Um, why are we the ones doing the work to convince you?
Do your own research, we already know it to be true, you're the ignorant one.

EDIT: For your information, I did a quick google search, "blue post resilience proc on-crit abilities", and while I'm at work and can't confirm this, from the google snippet, it looks like the first three results contain a blue post regarding it.
Take five seconds to do your own research next time instead of dismissing something.

Genome852
05-10-2009, 12:26 AM
Go and take some damage from fire in IF and convince yourself when your enrage procs.

Oh I didn't mean to put enrage in the original post... thought it was still based on getting hit by a crit. >_>

Satorri
05-10-2009, 05:56 AM
What's with the cold responses? This is a community for discussion and education. If you have some blue wisdom, do us the favor of quoting it, referencing it, so that it can be stored here for posterity. That THIS site is the reference, and a source of good info.

Hengist
05-10-2009, 06:50 AM
Oh I didn't mean to put enrage in the original post... thought it was still based on getting hit by a crit. >_>
Haha, so was I. But I remember enrage proccing from fires in IF still when it was based on crits.

Genome852
05-10-2009, 07:28 AM
We've seen many players report a bug when abilities that activate upon landing a critical strike activate inconsistently when used against a target with resilience. For instance, if a warrior has both Enrage and Blood Craze talents, only one may activate when a critical strike is prevented by resilience.

This isn't a bug.

This is due to the underlying implementation for this feature. The game doesn't actually know that hit would have been a critical hit if not for resilience. Instead we've added a small chance to activate off non-crits based on resilience gear. Each ability rolls this chance separately, so they will only occur together if a player is very lucky.

Source

blackhand
05-10-2009, 08:08 PM
We've seen many players report a bug when abilities that activate upon landing a critical strike activate inconsistently when used against a target with resilience. For instance, if a warrior has both Enrage and Blood Craze talents, only one may activate when a critical strike is prevented by resilience.

This isn't a bug.

This is due to the underlying implementation for this feature. The game doesn't actually know that hit would have been a critical hit if not for resilience. Instead we've added a small chance to activate off non-crits based on resilience gear. Each ability rolls this chance separately, so they will only occur together if a player is very lucky.

Source

So now the question is, does it work for defense too?

Kazeyonoma
05-11-2009, 11:34 AM
Equip defense, spec blood craze, go duel aggro a level 80 mob outside of dalaran, stand there for a while. if blood craze ever gets put up on you, bingo. If after over 100,000 attacks it never does. nope.

Muffin Man
05-11-2009, 12:57 PM
Equip defense, spec blood craze, go duel aggro a level 80 mob outside of dalaran, stand there for a while. if blood craze ever gets put up on you, bingo. If after over 100,000 attacks it never does. nope.

I was meaning to try Blood Craze after the free respec and tanking a few heroics with it. I wanted to a) see if it works with defense and b) see if the heal was worth taking into Ulduar.

I kind of forgot... maybe some other time I'll give it a shot if no one else does.

Kininye
05-11-2009, 01:27 PM
No, it does not work with Defense. I routinely farm some old world raid stuff using a Bloodthirst/Prot spec that has Bloodcraze. As of yet, I have not received a single Bloodcraze proc while defense-capped.

It is useless for tanking unless you are not crit-immune through defense, meaning you need to have some resilience as well....unless you like eating crits.

Motoma
05-12-2009, 01:35 AM
If you have 10% reduced critchance due to resilience, any hit made against you have a 10% chance to proc it.

There's no way for the game to tell if a crit was converted into a hit due to resilience, so they did it in a lazy, altho quite effective, way.

Sadly there's no such mechanic for defense.