PDA

View Full Version : Quick Trinket question - prot pala.

arami
05-09-2009, 06:02 PM
I'm in a dilema here, i got teh trinket from ignis today, the dodge one with 6k armor on use and i dont know if i should use it instead of the gossmer.

MY hp is 33.2K with the dodge trinket and 34.5K with the gossmer.

I gain almsot 3% dodge rating extra instead of 111 stamina.

Witch one should i use?I am the MT of the Core grp in my guild (we have 2 grps , no-lifers and core)

This is my armory The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Arami)

Need help :(

TY

Lizana
05-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Keep both and use them accordingly. Armor and dodge are useless on magic fights. They are very nice on physical fights.

Keep both and use as the situation merits

Dtain
05-09-2009, 06:43 PM
Keep both and use them accordingly. Armor and dodge are useless on magic fights. They are very nice on physical fights.

Basically this, EH is fantastic but keep in mind once you can take 2-3 hits from a boss if you can't take another stacking 2k more hp isn't really worth as much as avoidance would be in that situation(assuming no extra random raid damage)

arami
05-10-2009, 10:03 AM
I think im gonna keep the trinket going...

I will tank Thorim tonight + Mimiron and general soo ill see how it goes with this trinket.

Rhyseh
05-10-2009, 05:26 PM
Evidence always points toward EH being better for progression content, however each tank has their own individual style. Personally I'm an EH loving tank and with the amount of dodge on Ulduar gear I find that dodge trinkets lose their appeal quite quickly.

IMO it all depends on your current levels of dodge what trinket to use. As soon as you hit around 23-24% dodge (400 rating) without this trinket you will find that it's buff to avoidance will have fallen to ~2%, which from a trinket slot isn't exactly that flash.

You may want to check out Satrina's article on Avoidance Diminishing Returns, should help you a bit with processing this sort of information.

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f63/40003-diminishing-returns-avoidance.html

arami
05-11-2009, 03:20 PM
ty for the reply.

it helped alot.

cheers!

AthanasÓa
05-13-2009, 03:49 PM

Furthermore don't forget that more stamina also means an earlier trigger of Ardent Defender which probably safes you from death.