PDA

View Full Version : BIS vs Tier bonus

Frae
05-09-2009, 03:57 PM
So I got the Unbreakable Chestguard and Saronite Plated Legguards. Now both of these items are surely part of my EH set, but I am having issues mixing new gear in and keeping my 2 pices T7 bonus which i love. I also recently got Ironbark Faceguard from the 10 man, and my T8 shoulders.

So far to mix in my gear I am going with the new helm, new chest, T8 shoulds, T7.5 gloves and pants for T7 bonus, and I am benching the new pants pants to get my bonus. Now in dire need for a full EH set I will swap up and not worry about the bonus as much, but I am wondering how much value I should put into my 10% to SS from the bonus.

I will prob run WWS reports over the next couple weeks to see with and without it what is my DPS, and try to monitor my threat as well.

I am just wondering what is your opinion on this bonus compared to BIS as far as stats goes.

BTW I have a full T7.5 set to work with if any other suggestions are out there.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&n=Fraeblood)

This is my Armory incase you wanted to see. I am playing with gear and specs, so dont pay too much mind to this.

Thank you for any advis in the BIS vs Tier Bonus

JonnyM5
05-09-2009, 05:28 PM
I'm kinda in the same position. I replaced my HOVP tonight with the ironbark which was an upgrade in stam,avoidnace and expertise. I got the shoulders of the deconstructor on 25 man which i replaced with the 10 man tier as they have expertise rather than hit and a little more hp. I'm having to use my t7.5 legs and hands to keep the 10% SS bonus so i can't get using my maly legs for even more avoidance.

I just need to know at what point of expertise/stam upgrade would 10% SS be worth dropping,SS is almost always top or close to it(if it lots of mobs then shockwave will be) so i don't want to gimp it

Frae
05-09-2009, 06:31 PM
Yeah i know... we dont raid again till Tuesday due to Mother's Day, so I am dying to get in there and run some WWS reports to see how gimped is SS w/o the 10%, i know 10% gimped, but is that a huge downgrade?

Any more theories or opinions on this dilemma?

Kazeyonoma
05-11-2009, 10:33 AM
Yeah... I just picked up the saronite legguards myself and broke the 2pc bonus as well. I dunno if I've been throttling my raider's dps because of my TPS yet, so until they say so, I'm gonna drop the set bonus for now for more survivability because even on bosses we regularly kill, I die occasionally thanks to lag or slow healer reactions.

clavarnway
05-11-2009, 10:54 AM
Something I think will start to affect more warriors thinking soon is what piece they want to wear that's NOT in their tier set, because 4 pc prot t8 is so important.. :)

Esch
05-11-2009, 11:07 AM
DKs have a similar issue in breaking the 4pc tank set (+3 seconds IBF). As I have my gloves off Emalon, I've been debating and I'm holding out to see what happens on my threat vs mitigation before I commit either way. I expect that I'll shift to BiS/ 2pc 7.5 / 2pc 8.x, mostly as the stats increase on 8.5 is significant unto itself.

Blaze Mcgee
05-11-2009, 08:58 PM
I dropped my 2 piece T7 set a few weeks ago for the shoulders from XT 25 man and havent looked back. Im now looking to replace my 7.5 gloves to finish it off.

I have full 7.5 set, but i dont really feel the need with what i have.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Eredar&n=Blazemcgee)

I like what i have at the moment, right now, with 29 conquest badges, I am debating about getting the badge gloves, or save for the chest.

Now that I am really looking at it actually... what do you all think?

Motoma
05-11-2009, 11:39 PM
The setbonus is nice and you should never ever destroy atleast 2 pieces of your t7, personally I'd recommend keeping gloves/head for TPS and shoulders for blockrating (unless you fancy the ones from Ulduar10, think Kologarn).

But, I think it's overrated for progression. If TPS is an issue there's easier and less survability dropping ways to go, for instance; Another TotT, Vigilance glyph.

Fayre
05-12-2009, 02:51 AM
Someone recently posted some figures looking at the increased strength you got from the non-set pieces and working that back into ~10% BV. Can't lay my hands on the post now but you could do a similar analysis to figure out what's best.

Largely I'm not finding threat a big problem in Ulduar, but fights like Hodir still mean its not totally out of mind.

swelt
05-12-2009, 03:16 AM
From the title, I assumed this would be talking about the T8.x 4pc bonus, which has me drooling. I am really looking forward to being able to shield block mimirons plasma burst, but wonder how many other applications it'll have. It'll also have threat implications, as right now shield block is as much of an offensive threat cooldown as defensive. With the 4pc bonus, you will likely be saving it a lot more for defensive purposes.

T7 2pc is nice and all, but for hard content I think keeping it won't be an option when 4pc T8 is an alternative.

Frae
05-12-2009, 11:11 AM
Awesome replies everyone. I was talking about dropping the 2P T7 bonus for better stats on other gear. This week I am running web stats and will know more on my TPS drop. I am thinking the better gear should win over the 2P bonus, thats what Tricks and MDs are for right? :)