PDA

View Full Version : so you think u can uldar? gear check

moffett
05-09-2009, 02:07 PM
I'm just putting some info together for my own sake and hoping i can get and give some info back to anyone here at Tank spot. What i would like is to make this thread a Gear check, for every boss encounter. but seeing how my Group is just starting this week, i don't think i would have the best info to accomplish this. this thread will be greatly edited seeing how i also do not have the best grammar =(

PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG
So to start it off

Uldar bosses

Flame Leviathon: wear ur highest iLvL gear in slot. if you are or have a healer and isnt gonna be healing anyone in the fight due to haveing someone else healing ontop of the boss. have that person put some dps gear or what ever is the highest iLvL, we just wanthighest lvl gear here

Razorscale: from what i have seen this fight for tanks is just stacking EH, 32k unbuff would a min

XT-002 Deconstructor: Hp stacking here again but also wanna hold on to some dodge parry, id say mim would be 24% dodge 19% parry

so we can start off with just theses three, seeing how most ppl coming into uldar will see these three first and skip ingis.
also dont wanna post to much and get teh hate mail about the entire post

this is my first atempt at a some what guide

Voodan
05-09-2009, 02:29 PM
XT is a dps race to some extent as well due to the enrage timer (less stringent since the hotfix) but basically maintaining a good threat lead is important.

moffett
05-09-2009, 02:39 PM
XT is a dps race to some extent as well due to the enrage timer (less stringent since the hotfix) but basically maintaining a good threat lead is important.

agree, thanks for the reply.. i think as a warr the UA spec is a win here. anyone agree disagree?

Lizana
05-09-2009, 02:45 PM
32k unbuffed is far from needed. I have been recommending you shoot for 30k as a warrior or a pally tank as a HP min for ulduar. Having more is nice, but isnt going to wipe you if you don't have it

And as far as the UA spec, its not needed unless your dps is threat capped. Keep in mind a large % of the damage is applied to the heart that does not have an agro table, therefore as long as you had threat at the start of the heart phase you will have it at the end

Also you dont say if your looking at 10 or 25 man... a tank in full naxx 10 gear can tank the 10, a tank in full naxx 25 can tank the 25 man... thats how they were balanced

Eternal Dragon
05-10-2009, 08:35 AM
In my experience the ua spec is not the best for XT-002. You will do great dps about 50% of the fight and close to 0 dps the rest of it.
As soon as the heart gets exposed you will not get attacked, that is you can't use revenge anymore, with a deep prot spec at least you can still devastate and shield slam on sword and board procs.

Eternal Dragon