PDA

View Full Version : [DK tank] Best in Slot ~ ENCHANTS!

moj0
05-08-2009, 08:50 AM
Hey guys. Reader new to posing here :)

Come into a bad move with my tank DK. Im currently under the defence cap by one point. Want to get over that but do it the most effective way possible.

WoW Heroes - World of Warcraft PvE character info & ratings (http://www.wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=us&server=Jubei%27Thos&name=mojojo)

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jubei%27Thos&n=Mojojo)

[Platinum Mesh Cloak] I have this waiting in my bags but it will further lower my defence cap. I have the sigil to boost my defence over the cap but i want to get rid of it for [Sigil of Awareness].

Now im thinking about re gemming and re enchanting my gear to maximise the stats. If people would be so king to go over my gear and gems ect and tell me where i should replace what.

PS. Im awear of the +275 hp to chest and how bad it was but mate did it for free with his enchants and just never got around to changing it.

Esch
05-08-2009, 09:14 AM
I'ld personally pull a dodge/stamina gem or (even better!) the hit/stamina gem and replace it with an Enduring Forest Emerald (8 def/12 stamina). In the latter case, you keep the socket bonus and get back over 540 defense. You can recover the hit as you upgrade gear.

Alternately, you can do the infamous Seal of Petheon (65 defense rating)farming in normal HoL and use that in place of the the Medal in your trinket slot. You can also grind professions for an alternative, but those will take a notable amount of time or gold (or both).

RE: 275 Health - Keep it. It's effectively 27 stamina, which is far better than losing a socket bonus by regemming elsewhere to reach 540.

moj0
05-08-2009, 09:49 AM
Im acually at 534 Defence with the new cape WITHOUT a +16 def enchant on it. Im just trying to work out what to swap ect to reach it. If maybe the +22 defence on the chest is a good idea and throw +22 agi on my cloak

moj0
05-08-2009, 10:00 AM
Ok did a bit of re working. Managed to regem the one gem and enchant titanweave on the new cloak.

But now im still one point under the defence cap. Should i drop a 8 defence 12 stam get for a pure 16 defence gem to get over the cap... or... just miss it and stay under the cap by 1 point?

Mind you, im also the main tank of the guild.

Esch
05-08-2009, 10:12 AM
Ok did a bit of re working. Managed to regem the one gem and enchant titanweave on the new cloak.

But now im still one point under the defence cap. Should i drop a 8 defence 12 stam get for a pure 16 defence gem to get over the cap... or... just miss it and stay under the cap by 1 point?

Mind you, im also the main tank of the guild.

I must have been looking at your armory after you made some of these changes. I still think replacing one of the hit/stamina gem with 8 def/ 12 stamina is the better option if you're looking to fill one point.

Also, you could acquire Signet of the Impregnable Fortress (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40718) and just skip all the regemming. Took me a minute to realize you didn't have it on, though you'ld lose some stamina in trading... that you can make up in gems/enchants if you desire.

BTW, I hope I'm mistaken, but you have no expertise on any gear? or is armory really that b0rk'ed today (it's showing up with lousy formating to me).