PDA

View Full Version : T7.5 2 PC Bonus

Kierkan
05-07-2009, 09:02 PM
Worth keeping throughout the entity of the current content up until *if* they change the 2 pc on t8?

I'm thinking that it's too good to throw away, even if there is a small increase in stats on upgraded items.

sicness
05-08-2009, 02:24 AM
Assuming you're talking about the warrior tier piece, and I completely agree. Our new set bonuses are crap and the extra threat out of shield slam will be worth it for me to keep around 2 pieces of t7.5 on threat fights, though honestly threat isn't an issue yet. Granted 20% mitigation on spell damage is great but honestly should be implemented via talents and not via gear which we'll probably end up needing in Icecrown Citadel.

I'm a new tank come WoTLK, but I've found I keep almost every single piece of tanking gear I acquire until I'm absolutely certain I won't ever use it again. Which will be the case for a while for most of t7.5 gear for the 2 set bonus.

Ghladum
05-08-2009, 04:37 AM
Rank 8 base dmg = 1040. Total damage (before armor, I believe) = 1040+SBV.

So if a lot of my non-crit SS's are ~2000 on a Sundered target with the 2-piece T7, that would be 1818 after losing the bonus (1818+(0.1(1818))=2000).

If your non-crits are around 2500, you'll do 2272 per slam afterward.

Missing out on 200-250 damage per slam.

But gaining the 20% decrease in spell damage every 40 seconds with shield block? Could definitely be useful, maybe even absolutely required.

sicness
05-08-2009, 05:32 AM
After being fully raid buffed your shield slam damage will go up further, so that 10% will scale nicely with it. And unlike the t8 set 4 bonus you'll always use shield slam and will rarely really 'need' the 20% spell damage mitigation, at least in Ulduar. Required on some fights yes, in order for us to tank it, however if it's required for us to use that set bonus to tank the fight then another class (namely dks) are probably better off tanking it anyways.