PDA

View Full Version : Darkmoon Card Greatness for DK tank?

Exitium
05-05-2009, 03:50 AM
Is it worth it? Currently I am using Essence of Gossamer and the JC trinket

Qhorin
05-05-2009, 09:14 AM
I dont think there is a yes or no answer to this. It will depend on a lot of factors. I am working on getting one which I will probably use while tanking trash and possibly some boss', but it would not be a part of my general gear set. Its never bad to have more options in your bags. Plus you wont really find much better to throw in your dps set for those boss' you dont need to tank on.

Exitium
05-05-2009, 09:42 AM
yea I was thinking that I just didnt know if anyone knew the math on how much strength it takes to get 1% parry

Drucker
05-05-2009, 05:26 PM
Well, 90 and 300 proc = 22.5 and 97.5 parry rating.

97.5 Parry is usually just under 2% parry and 22.5 is around .45% or .40% with diminishing returns.

But the threat bonus would be pretty huge from using this. Overall the survival would be a little lower than comparable avoidance trinkets and much lower than the stam trinkets (which I personally prefer when main tanking).

Grizlock
05-05-2009, 11:43 PM
Maybe for running heroics or Naxx but any serious tank in Ulduar needs to go for survival. If you DPS on single tank boss fights then go for it. Personally, I'd level JC for the stam trinket with the amount it costs to buy a Nobles deck.

Regardless you'll be better off than the warlock in a pug vault I did who had one equipped.

Vanthus
05-06-2009, 07:25 AM
I think having the + agility one would be better. 90 Agility will be close to 0.9% dodge where 90 Strength is only about 0.33% parry.
Either would still proc strength.

Rennadrel
05-06-2009, 07:37 AM
Just remember that out of the stat that it gives you, it procs the highest one you have. You can choose the 90 agility card but if your strength is higher then your agility, it will only proc for strength because it goes by your highest stat, not the one that you chose on the card.