PDA

View Full Version : 2pc T7.5 + 2pc Ulduar Vs Full Ulduar gear

Aerniskliwbi
05-04-2009, 12:40 PM
From a threat standpoint, would it be viable to sacrifice some Ulduar level items to obtain the T7.5 2pc bonus? I understand it could potentially be sacrificing a lot of stats, but, from a threat standpoint, would it not be better to have 2/5 T7.5 and 2/5 T8.5 and one non-set piece versus 4/5 8.5? I was thinking something along the lines of:
Head - Ironbark Faceguard
Shoulders - T8.5
Chest - T7.5
Gloves - T7.5
Legs - T8.5
Could anyone think of any better alternatives to getting 2pc set bonus in both 7.5 and 8.5? Does anyone think this is actually viable?
Please discuss.

Rhyseh
05-04-2009, 09:31 PM
Can't tell you for sure but in my opinion it would be nice for threat to have both, however you would have to draw up an Ulduar Threat set and then a 2pc T7.5 + 2pc T8 set and compare the overall stats difference before making a call.

Aerniskliwbi
05-05-2009, 11:19 AM
So, can anyone conduct a study on this? The only thing that may make the stats better for the full Ulduar set is the large block value/strength on some of the items, and this may actually outweigh the 10% shield slam damage. That would be assuming that the block value gained from the items is greater than 110% of whatever your block value would be with the 7.5+8.5 set. Can anyone verify this with numbers?

Ont
05-05-2009, 11:28 AM
Can anyone verify this with numbers?

You seem to have a good grasp on the math- why don't you spend a couple minutes doing it? It's not that hard. :)

Aerniskliwbi
05-06-2009, 09:42 PM
Well, just by an estimate, I can probably say that the Ulduar gear, without looking, probably meets 110% BV (if Str is converted into BV) of the mixed set... So yeah, I think I just answered my own question. :o

Squashed
05-07-2009, 06:24 AM
Well, just by an estimate, I can probably say that the Ulduar gear, without looking, probably meets 110% BV (if Str is converted into BV) of the mixed set... So yeah, I think I just answered my own question. :o

Wow, I can't believe I missed this analysis, I never even thought to look at the relative block value and determine the loss of not using T7.5. What is the equation for shield-slam to determine if dropping the bonus is worth it? I think (with all that BV on the legs) it may be worthwhile to switch.