PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder Enchants

Horacio
05-04-2009, 09:14 AM
I've been screwing around with PvP the past few weeks when bored, working on a few achievements here and there and I've racked up a fair bit of honor.

I really don't see much point in investing in most of the gear as I am a tank, I maintain an offspec but I will always be MTing in my 10 man and I've yet to see a fight that requires just one tank in Ulduar. Sapph and Malygos might be all there is where you can get by and having 1 tank for phase 2 Malygos is pretty brutal.

Anyhow, so I have a ton of honor.

I currently have Pauldrons of Unatural Death enchanted with:
Greater Inscription of the Pinnacle - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44136)

But I have enough honor to purchase:

Greater Inscription of the Gladiator - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44957)

Hrmm......interesting. 30 stam is pretty nice and the def/dodge amounts don't impress me. For a max EH set, its obvious and I'll prolly grab it for at least my T7.5 shoulders I have laying around the bank. Obviously, 15 Res is meh but is 30 stam preferable in a general sense to the def/dodge from the Sons of Hodir enchant?

Warfall
05-04-2009, 09:27 AM
I couldn't agree more, the enchant could be better IMO, If you have around 23% dodge chance or more and more then 545 defense, the 30 stamina would be much more usefull. For a warrior its a bit more then 300 health. I won't reccomend it for everyone, but it certaintly fits for tanks that have to much dodge/defense. And the resilience always comes in use for dots ;). I think you've made a good point here Horacio. Also its fairly easy to get and it won't take you more then a day to achieve.

-Warfall

niobewun
05-04-2009, 09:47 AM
Hmm I might just get that on my pally too... I am 25+% dodge and would still be over the def cap.

Horacio
05-04-2009, 09:52 AM
Yeah, I'm not quite that high on dodge but I'm at 554 def. Like an idiot, I logged out with my fishing pole equipped so I cannot compare as well as I'd like.

I'm a stam/EH whore but I'm afraid of falling too low on avoidance. Still, 20 dodge rating is tiny.

Rhyseh
05-04-2009, 09:27 PM
I agree H and have been using this enchant on my EH shoulders for some time. In addition to the stamina on it the resilience will also reduce your chance to be crit by a nice amount, which means that you can drop below the 540 defense mark and still be crit immune (in the PVE sense anyway).

Combine the above with the amount of dodge on Ulduar gear and the fact it will put us well into diminishing returns territory. The stam + resilience combo is much more appealing than the measly amount of dodge rating and defense the Hodir enchant provides.

Mookey
05-05-2009, 01:03 AM
if dodge>20
and parry > 18
and block > 20
and defense > 545
then Gladiator
else Hodir

Yes I wanted that with my new EH shoulders that I got recently but had honor depleted, without time to farm some, soon to be enchanted.