PDA

View Full Version : T8 Gemming

Raij
05-04-2009, 07:25 AM
Well, the warrior T8 is mostly Blue and Yellow slots. With that said, what is everyone doing in terms of gemming. Are you breaking the socket bonus and going full stam? Are you stacking defense since there is very little gear in ulduar (non-tier) with defense on it? I'd like to hear some opinions.

Masurao
05-04-2009, 09:53 AM
blue's i've been using +24 stam
yellow's I've been using my JC prismatics or +8 def, +12 stam green gem.

Horacio
05-04-2009, 10:02 AM
I'm already going in with inflated def so I might go with the green stam/hit gems once I run out of spots to jam dragon's eyes. Still in the Antechamber atm and T8/8.5 from Emalon is for the mouth breathers with hot dice, not me :(

Raij
05-04-2009, 11:00 AM
Well I was debating the expertise defense gem for the yellows. Right now I have a 16 def gem in the yellow slot, but might revert to the green def/stam gems. Not really sure as of yet what might be better. I wish I could make prismatics :(

Paramount
05-04-2009, 11:06 AM
I haven't looked into it too much, but I believe it'll be possible to hit the expertise hard cap with ulduar gear, perhaps without gemming.

If that is the case, I'll be using a lot more health/hit gems once I have a threat set and a survivability set built up. But hey, it depends on the gear and the set bonuses.

I haven't found much use for my threat set in ulduar yet...just been rocking my EH set the entire time pretty much.

Raij
05-04-2009, 12:51 PM
Ya, I have been using my balanced set, and have filled a few spots in it, so I am down to about 18 expertise while wearing it. I got some legs last night of Auriaya that have a tonne of expertise on them, but no defense and only one socket, so that is kind of a no go for now, using t8 legs instead.

Rhyseh
05-04-2009, 09:35 PM
With an abundance of hit on Ulduar tanking gear I would worry abolut gemming hit, you probably won't be needing it. Unless the socket bonus is good/needed and easy to obtain I will break the bonus and stack all out stam at present. Just try and maintain ove 170 hit and 26 expertise, for everything else stack stam imo.

robbon
05-05-2009, 02:51 AM
im stacking the green +def/stam gems for the socket bonus. Im probably at about 550 def rating which tbh i think is ok for ulduar. Every bit of def rating is adding to mitigation/avoidance.

Raij
05-05-2009, 07:02 AM
This is what I have started doing now for the most part. My expertise is getting lower and lower, which is making me unhappy (was at 26, now it is at 18), but meh, it should go back up when I get more gear I hope.

Mindy
05-06-2009, 11:05 AM
While gearing up I've been losing hit and def and some expertise, so I've had to gem for all of them. I'm still well below hit cap unfortunately :\

EDIT: Update - now that more of my gear is fleshed out with my current setup I'm nearly hit capped. Just a couple of valor-->conq upgrades and I think I'd hit it. I feel like I'd need some more expertise though - 26 is good, but doesn't feel right when I'm tanking.