PDA

View Full Version : Glyphs, for Protection specc.

Warfall
05-04-2009, 02:28 AM
Good day tankers,

I'm new on this forums and I wanted to start my staying here with a question to the others. I recently fell over the problem of choosing the right glyphs. Could anyone give me a suggestion about the best combination of glyphs in your view for a protection specced Warrior. I would be very thankfull ;)

warfall

Maleus
05-05-2009, 07:36 AM
What spec are you wanting to run?

Is your main objective survival or threat?

What are you wanting to tank? (5 mans, 10 mans, naxx, ulduar?)

Warfall
05-05-2009, 08:09 AM
Thanks for the reply =). Well, protection obviously, it's for running 10 and 25 man runs.

-warfall

wrynn
05-05-2009, 08:25 AM
I think you're missing the point. Every stage of the game requires at least slight retuning of gear/glyph/spec choices. So please tell us what stage you are at and we'll be happy to give you advice that is relevant to your situation.

Maleus
05-05-2009, 08:48 AM
Well heres what I would run in certain situations.

For the basic 15/5/51 deep wounds spec. Im only going to list the ones I consider essential for the build/situation that you are considering your priority.

For added aoe threat: glyph of cleaving or sunder armor, glyph of shockwave, glyph of thunderclap

For threat if dpsers are pulling off ya: vigilance, shockwave, thunderclap

For rage starvation situations: heroic strike, revenge

For survival (adding in points into imp disc in the prot tree): shield wall, last stand, blocking

Glyphs that can be added into any of those trees: bloodrage, charge, devistate, thunderclap

Ulantor
05-05-2009, 09:01 AM
In 25 man Ulduar I've become a huge fan of the survival glyphs, I run Shield Wall, Last Stand with Revenge for the free heroics. Having SW and LS on 2 minute cooldown makes it much easier to use them with out overthinking about saving it for a special occasion.

JonnyM5
05-08-2009, 09:15 PM
I run blocking,shield wall and revenge glyphs. If i could be arsed/guild demanded i would have a survival spec and glyph and tps set and glyphs.

I changed from sunder to shield wall to help with the progressiong. Being able to chain cooldowns can make boss kills happen,things like the auriaya pull using shield wall a few seconds in gives the healers a bit of slack to keep the raid up and eventaully kill the boss. I debated specing for improved disc and glyping last stand but we don't seem to need it just yet.

Kataztrophe
05-09-2009, 04:34 AM
I'm running Vigil, SW, and Blocking atm. Our mages do insane dps so for me, Vigil is definitely worth having imo.

Warfall
05-09-2009, 08:58 AM
Thanks for all you reactions, I'm done with putting in my glyphs =)

This topic can be closed.

-Warfall