PDA

View Full Version : All this gear????

Nighthorror
05-01-2009, 11:25 AM
I have noticed since Wraith came out that i see a ton of 80's walking around dalaran with insane gear. I mean I have some decent gear but the amount of people walking around in 25man and end game gear is insane. Before Wraith I didn't see many Sunwell geared people walking around mostly hardcore raiding guilds and such now little no name guild are walking around in full 25man T7.5.
and slowly more and more people in Ulduar gear.

I guess my question is does everyone see this on their servers is there really that many hardcore players or is the content easier?

tuffmuffin
05-02-2009, 02:26 AM
Content is easy. Very easy.

Naxx PuGs are forming all the time.
Ulduar PuGs are still rare, but happen. The first 10 bosses are easy enough to learn and zerg down with enough patience.

The only real "challenges" right now are Ulduar Hard modes and fights that require more than 15 people to attention such as Mimiron.

kemikalkadet
05-02-2009, 02:55 AM
naxx =/= sunwell :P

Nighthorror
05-02-2009, 07:24 AM
Well maybe this hard mode will make its like the old days again with having content most can't get and to be proud about it. Of course not rubbing it in people's faces ether.......

Lizana
05-02-2009, 07:51 AM
BLizzard does not want content that "most" people cant see.

Warfall
05-05-2009, 03:31 AM
Well as I received it Blizzard wants world of warcraft to be a game for everyone, and that everyone can play without needing to spend all your free time on it. They intended to make the raids in wotlk doable for casual players also and that was announced already before wotlk came out. The result is that the content is insanely easy and fights as ragnaros, nefarian, cthun, vashj and kealthas for example are past time, there aren't bosses in the current content where your guild needs to spend more then 3 days to learn the fight to down him. When before some bosses needed weeks and for some months practicing. It is really sad for the hardcore player that blizzard doesn't keep with there old ways. IMO if they want a game for casual players leave WoW alone and make one. Hope this will change again in the future ;(

-warfall

Lizana
05-05-2009, 07:56 AM
A bunch of wannabe hardcore people keep talking about how they want the old ways back. But did you realy find it fun spending a month night after night wiping on one boss just so you could progress? Was it really fun spending 3+ hours farming gold just so you could raid that night?

Think of it this way, say you wrote a book, you spent 2 years of your life writing the book and you got it published. Would you want people to read just the first half of the book then have them find out to read the last half of the book they have to translate it word by word from Egyptian hieroglyphics? Or would you rather people be able to read the entire book without problems so they could share what you spent 2 years of your life makeing?

Kazeyonoma
05-05-2009, 09:25 AM
you're comparing the wrong tiers. Sunwell? Cmon that was the very last content released before the expansion, we don't even have that yet. You seeing people in t 7 and 7.5 gear is like people being decked out in t4 and badge gear in TBC. I think you're drawing improper conclusions here.

Lets not get into casual vs. hardcore here. If you've got a point to make in this thread make it. If not, I'll close it.

Warfall
05-05-2009, 11:35 PM
I respect your opinions and I agree with Kaze that this topic could be closed ;)

-warfall