PDA

View Full Version : How to handle raid schedules?

jwont2
04-23-2009, 03:06 PM
I started this guild about 1 month ago. We have exactly 50 80's.

Here's the kicker. I can only get one 10-man group going because of schedule restrictions.

Group 1 is Wed, Thurs, and Sat. 8:30pm

Group 2 is Tues, Wed, and Fri 7pm

Group 3 is Sat, Sun. at 2pm.

Group one is gtg, but I cant fill the other 2. At all times of the day there is at least 2 Hero groups going. They never pug heroes. So why cant I just get them to raid?

I asked for opinions on raid times... Noone spoke up.

So you can see my frustration. Do any of you more experienced G.M..'s have any suggestions. Most of my members are not ready for 25's, btw.

Acheronia
04-24-2009, 01:47 AM
I must admit to sharing your frustration. If only the people would talk to me and give me some feedback!!

What I have done out of sheer desperation to at least start something and to try and lure people into participation is the following: I started raiding in any case. No one wanted to give me feedback on a schedule, so I created a schedule in any case. 3 hours raiding Wednesday to Saturday night and a quick achievement burst run on Sundays for the older raids.

My ideal for my guild is to act as a launching pad for wannabe raiders. I have the patience for the more inexperienced players who want a taste of raiding. I enjoy coaching tremendously. 12 players out of my 60 player guild are raid ready gear and stats wise. Only 4 to 5 of those 12 players are reliable and do show up on the times I schedule. So what do I do when only 4 pitch up on a scheduled raid? I continue regardless. I pug the rest. This way I gain more potential recruits for the guild. Afterwards I make sure to post our raid history on our website (using wowstead), showing which guild members received what new and shiny gear. I post WWS on our forums.

If someone is late for a raid, I don't play the blame game. I simply state that I didn't know whether they would pitch up or not and had to start the raid and that the group is now full. 1 of 2 things will happen with them in time: they will either see that they're missing out and start attending on time or they will leave the guild.

The important thing is that you don't let people's absence or lack of participation hijack your efforts. Keep going regardless. The committed people will remain.. well... committed, and the uninterested ones won't have a part in the fun. But don't give up!

bondetamp
04-26-2009, 01:31 PM
Bloody Hell, Acheronia, you sound like an awesome GM.

I was about to ask you to transfer to my server, but I notice you're here allready.

/who groingnasher if you need a pug tank. ;)