PDA

View Full Version : Fury Warrior with low DPS seeks help

drakien
04-23-2009, 07:10 AM
Hi everyone,

First post here, so bear with me if I get some things wrong/miss out some information.

I've been a Fury spec warrior for as long as I've had my main (~6 months) and think I've got the basics down right. Spec is fairly 'default' with a couple of my own little twists, but my DPS is pretty low. I think I've got some decent gear, and a couple of hints at where the problem may be (not at the soft hit cap) but I'd love some input from some more experienced players.

You can see my armory here: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bloodhoof&n=Kiallak)

Rotation is generally: WW -> BT -> Slam (if proc'd) -> HS for rage dump -> rinse, repeat.

Any pointers on gear, tactics, etc would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Warwench
04-23-2009, 07:18 AM
First up, Hit and Expertise are way low.

focus on getting your expertise as high as you can, up to 26. Hit needs to be over 164. ( I find around 200-230 to be the sweet spot for rage generation).

You need to work on factions, Ebonblade gives head enchant, and 2 nice blades (I was 2x Runeblade till I got the axe from H HoL). Wyrmcrest gives nice legs. Search around the faction vendors on wowhead.com and work out what gives nice stuff.

You are basically just starting, so run every heroic you can, get ebon blade, wyrmcrest and do your Hodir dailies every day. When you have the 2 runeblades, head/shoulder enchant, wyrmcrest pants and what ever else drops from Heroics, you will be ready for naxx.

Heroic badges should go to the Trinket first, then the neck, then on from there.

Bung
04-23-2009, 09:02 AM
I just wanted to add one thing,..try BT-WW,etc.... I'm not sure why but the cooldowns seem to work better that way. Hit a dummy you will see what I mean.

Bung

drakien
04-23-2009, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the feedback so far!

I've upped my hit to about 185 now, but still missing occasionally. I'll be working on the expertise rating as soon as I can get some enchanters online.

Rep is coming from the HC farming, so I'll work on the Runeblades too. What trinket do you recommend from the badges?

Any other advice for me?

drakien
04-28-2009, 07:47 AM
bump?

Giliandrix
04-28-2009, 08:21 AM
First of all, your talent spec could use some work.

You have....

2/2 Booming Voice
2/5 Commanding Presence
3/3 Improved Cleave
2/3 Blood Craze
1/5 Enrage
2/2 Improved Rend

Let's go over some of these choices. Improved Rend is really useless since you cannot use it in berserker stance. Swapping stances to battle just to apply rend is a severe loss of DPS and should not be used at all! So you can move those two points over to Deflection.

Blood Craze is also a pretty useless skill. It's for the most part a PvP skill. As a PvE player, taking critical hits is not good as you will probably die.

Enrage follows some sort of the same principle as Blood Craze. Although a lot of fights involve AoE/Group damage, generally most of the time you should be untouched. Drop this skill!

Booming Voice and Commanding Presence are two skills that synergize well with each other. If you're going to have Booming Voice maxed, you should have Commanding Presence maxed as well.

Improved Cleave is a decent skill but it's use is more or less doing maximum DPS on trash packs.

What you should do is either stick with 2/2 Booming Voice and 5/5 Commanding Presence or just stick with 3/3 Improved Cleave and 5/5 Unbridled Wrath. In either case, dump the remainder points into Improved Berserker Rage. With intensify rage, your Berserker Rage will have a 20 second cooldown and generate 20 rage when used. It's really amazing for those rare streaks you might find yourself rage starved.

Bold Scarlet Ruby (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=39996) Is your best friend and should be gemmed nearly everywhere.

Your gear could use a lot of work as well. I recommend using a gear guide or maxdps.com to figure out what you need and where you should get it. For now you should focus on running a couple of heroics over and over again for epic gear. The first emblem purchase you should make is Mirror of Truth (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40684). Try to do your Hodir dailies every day, so you can get those shoulders + Shoulder enchants. Get your Ebon Hold rep up so you can get those Runeblades + Head enchant. Or hell if you have gold, get Titanium Impact Necklace/Ring + Titansteel Destroyer crafted.

Hope this helped!

VikingKong
04-28-2009, 10:49 AM
Your prismatic slot fits ANY gem in it, not just the shitty +stats gems in the AH. Fit your second belt slot with +16 str/crit/hit.

Your +hit goal is about 263 (I believe) at that point, your yellow dmg will no longer miss.

Stats to boost: Str, Crit Rating, Expertise, Hit. Your T7 will have a lot of Expertise so worry about soft-caping it later. With about 30% crit, 3000 unbuffed atk power, and 263 hit, you should be in business.