PDA

View Full Version : School Fundraiser -- Blizzard Basket!

Ciderhelm
04-22-2009, 01:44 AM
I got an e-mail which alerted me to a school fundraiser in California. Though this is not an official Blizzard event, they did donate a Warcraft Basket to be auctioned off.

Here's the outline:

Online Auction Open! Let the Bidding Begin!
Make Your Bid to Support Peninsula Education Foundation!
Now is your chance to not only get all the great items you want, but to do it knowing you are helping support our organization and mission.
The Main Event is now open. The auction will run from April 17, 2009 to April 27, 2009, with proceeds going to Peninsula Education Foundation in order to support all schools in the Palos Verdes Peninsula Unified School District. Auction items range from exotic vacation getaways to donated items guaranteed to delight and surprise. So, tell your friends, family, community. Let the bidding begin!
Here's the site:
Peninsula Education Foundation - Auction Home Page - cMarket Fundraising Auction (http://www.cmarket.com/auction/AuctionHome.action?auctionId=80195532)

And here's the basket:
Place Bid - cMarket Fundraising Auction (http://www.cmarket.com/auction/item/Item.action?id=86161204)

Expensive, yep, but if you have the money and want pretty much every collectible on the market while helping a good cause, this may be worth your while. :)

Kazeyonoma
04-22-2009, 02:02 AM
Hey, i have friends that went to pen high.

Darksend
04-22-2009, 03:44 AM
the real question becomes how do you attach a collectors edition to an already open account or do you have to make a new account that is a collectors edition from the start

I can definitely see that getting quite the bids.

Glad to see blizzard doing things like that for the community

visualdeity
04-24-2009, 02:16 PM
I do believe that they added an option to add a collector's edition key, brought on by tons of people who were unhappy that they bought the regular edition of BC just to get going, but then got their hands on a collector's edition and were unable to upgrade to that. They definitely had it then, although it may have been only a temporary measure.

That said, since Blizzard donated this basket themselves, I imagine they'd be willing to accommodate you if you win it. It would be rather bad form to donate the basket, and then refuse to let people upgrade their accounts using the precious goods.