PDA

View Full Version : Warrior questions based on xav.

Joacimcans
04-21-2009, 11:38 AM
So I haven't seen any discussions much on the new weapon enchant blade ward Xav uses it so i imagine it is pretty good since there is a reason he is in a world first guild. I know it is a better progression enchant but how much is there any data worked out for the proc rate or uptime.

Second question is I can't really figure out xav's second spec. I know he got commanding presence, I am not sure where imp spell reflect would be worthwhile, same with gag order i would think that the 2 points into imp revenge would be more TPS than 10% shield slam damage when you don't have sword and board but there is quite possibly an encounter where you need to silence something with heroic throw or something not sure because the silence on it would be the only benefit as most casts i have seen in ulduar you can interupt with shield bash and the 3 second silence would be wasted.

Third question is about glyphs in one of his speccs he uses Glyph of devestate and i know it helps at the start but i would think if you want sunders up faster you could have another warrior help you or something so you could use a different major glyph like glyph of vigilance since it appears to be a threat build. For minor glyphs he uses glyph of battle for both specs for pve i would think the glyph of bloodrage would be better since i personally while in a raid i either have blessing of might or a imp battle shout.

Like is said xav didn't get to where he is by being a follower so i would just like to know if he knows some things that i don't. I would gladly follow Xav's example.

edit: Armory link for people to look at The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Sen%27jin&cn=Xav&gn=Premonition)

Kazeyonoma
04-21-2009, 02:34 PM
Glyph of Devastate changes the innate threat component of Devastate from Damage + 5% AP to Damage + 10% AP likewise, getting sunders up faster = faster dps = faster dead boss.

The second spec he has is a survival build, Imp Spell Reflect is incase there's a fight where multi targetted spells (think malygos phase 2) can be reflected, likewise 4% extra miss chance from spells is a survival talent, whether you want to say it's worth it is opinion.

The silence is there for silence.

the minor glyphs are moot anyways, really how much difference do they make, I think we can all agree that they all relatively blow.

Joacimcans
04-21-2009, 03:55 PM
I think armory was just bugged out or something because his second spec looks alot close to what i would spec, it must have been missing points the first time because he had no sword and board as i commented in the first post which i could not figure out.

Kazeyonoma
04-21-2009, 04:53 PM
that happens a lot with dual specs. points disappear, namely starting from the 31 point talents and below.