PDA

View Full Version : Fury need advice

Groolsh
04-21-2009, 06:48 AM
Hi ! this is my armory link

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Smolderthorn&n=Groolsh)

I'm pretty new to fury (about a month or so) i've always been a prot warrior. Right now i'm running heroic dungeons trying to improve my gear, skill, to eventually get a spot on Naxx and other raid. I try to keep myself informed here and on elitist jerk to get the proper rotation / reach cap etc...
(WW/BT/ Slam on CD / HS rage dump) popping blood fury, trinket, recklessness etc... whenever i can.

The problem is it seem i can't achieve a decent DPS

heroic nexus: 1500-1600
Heroic violet hold: i'm standing at 1500-1600dps
Heroic Utgarde pinnacle: 1500dps
10man Vault of Archevon: 1900dps.

Where should i stand in term of DPS ?
Judging by my gear Is this considered normal ?
I really don't feel like it is since i've seen my DK friend with gear just a bit better than mine doing over 2600dps (which i think i should reach or at least get close to with my gear)

Iknow i'm pretty low on expertise to and i still could improve my Hit rating
but is it this that make all the difference between a really bad / decent dps ?

Keep in mind, i'm aware that I still can improve my gemming/enchanting for my character, but what i got right now is what i could get fast. I'm working on this aspect every day, but i'm pretty sure this is only a small part of the problem since i think it is not that bad considering the level of my gear (unless you tell me otherwiseand that it is the major part of the problem).

Thanks

Skyborn
04-21-2009, 06:59 AM
IMO, your hit is fine, you AP is fine. You just need to work on raising your crit by 8-10% and then your expertise another 20 or so.

What's your rotation like? Do you have a mod that lets you know when a free slam procs?

Groolsh
04-21-2009, 07:24 AM
I do have slam alert

My rotation goes like this:
BT/WW/ Slam on CD / HS rage dump along with popping recklesness/blood fury/death wish/trinket.

Is victory rush a bad thing to include in rotation ?

Does the lack of %crit and expertise justify my low DPS ?

Thanks for the comment

Baird
04-21-2009, 07:56 AM
victory rush is great in your rotation when it is avaiable, it cost no rage so it has a great damage to rage ratio.

Skyborn
04-21-2009, 10:13 AM
Victory Rush lasts a long time (16 seconds IIRC) so it's great to fit into an empty GCD in your rotation.

While increasing your crit will definitely increase your DPS in a lot of ways (more white crits = more rage, more crits = rampage and flurry stay up, more crits = higher deep wound ticks), I'm not sure if the numbers you're seeing fit your gear. 3.1 has really changed my understanding of what's acceptable DPS figures at your gear level. Pre-3.1 I would say you should be doing a bit more DPS for your gear, but with the patch I don't know if that's true.

Your rotation sounds fine (although I'd prioritize WW over BT) just make sure the only time you're slamming is when it procs. I'm not sure if that's what you meant when you said Slam on CD, but just make sure you're never casting that unless its a free proc.

Groolsh
04-21-2009, 11:10 AM
By "Slam on cooldown" I meant when the instant slam ! proc, otherwise i don't use it.

I'll get on fine tuning my gear with new enchant and gem tonight and get back if i don't see any improvement.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions and fast answers.