PDA

View Full Version : Fury, Need advice

Groolsh
04-21-2009, 06:38 AM
First of all this is my armory link

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Smolderthorn&n=Groolsh)

I'm pretty new to fury (about a month or so) i've always been a prot warrior. Right now i'm running heroic dungeons trying to improve my gear, skill, to eventually get a spot on Naxx and other raid. I try to keep myself informed here and on elitist jerk to get the proper rotation / reach cap etc...
(WW/BT/ Slam on CD / HS rage dump) popping blood fury, trinket, recklessness etc... whenever i can.

The problem is it seem i can't achieve a decent DPS

heroic nexus: 1500-1600
Heroic violet hold: i'm standing at 1500-1600dps
Heroic Utgarde pinnacle: 1500dps
10man Vault of Archevon: 1900dps.

Where should i stand in term of DPS ?
Judging by my gear Is this considered normal ?
I really don't feel like it is since i've seen my DK friend with gear just a bit better than mine doing over 2600dps (which i think i should reach or at least get close to with my gear)

Iknow i'm pretty low on expertise to and i still could improve my Hit rating
but is it this that make all the difference between a really bad / decent dps ?

Keep in mind, i'm aware that I still can improve my gemming/enchanting for my character, but what i got right now is what i could get fast. I'm working on this aspect every day, but i'm pretty sure this is only a small part of the problem since i think it is not that bad considering the level of my gear (unless you tell me otherwiseand that it is the major part of the problem).

Thanks

Warwench
04-21-2009, 07:24 AM
Lose some hit, you dont need 299, you REALLY REALLY need expertise. It does make a difference.

never gem for attack power. ever. Always STR, or in your case, Expertise until you are over the soft cap (someone chime in with what that is now).
you are missing a few enchants, go with AP everywhere you can.
Get the runeblade of demo power from ebon blade, put that in your offhand, put the titansteel in your main hand.
spend some badges on the mirror of truth.

that should improve things a LOT.

download landsouls spreadsheet from elitistjerks.com and plugin what you have now (I set all the buffs to zero) and then plugin the changes you want to make and see the difference.

Kelven
04-21-2009, 07:29 AM
Lose some hit, you dont need 299, you REALLY REALLY need expertise. It does make a difference.

never gem for attack power. ever. Always STR, or in your case, Expertise until you are over the soft cap (someone chime in with what that is now).
you are missing a few enchants, go with AP everywhere you can.
Get the runeblade of demo power from ebon blade, put that in your offhand, put the titansteel in your main hand.
spend some badges on the mirror of truth.

that should improve things a LOT.

download landsouls spreadsheet from elitistjerks.com and plugin what you have now (I set all the buffs to zero) and then plugin the changes you want to make and see the difference.

this

As Warwench stated, dropping hit for expertise would really help. You're also low on crit IMO, but crit comes with gear, I wouldnt gem for it. Str gems are > then AP gems in pretty much every scenario. Also, you need to change your meta to 21 crit rating and 3% crit dmg (chaotic skyfire)

Groolsh
04-21-2009, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the help :cool:

Kazeyonoma
04-21-2009, 03:02 PM
Moved to appropriate forum.

Please read rules.

Giliandrix
04-22-2009, 08:05 AM
Titansteel Destroyer should be in your MH, and Masked Mojo your OH.

Titansteel does more damage, and MH damage is not penalized like OH damage is. Bloodthirst, Slam, H Strike, Cleave all use MH damage so you'll want to use a higher damage weapon in your MH.