PDA

View Full Version : Ulduar Freya

Ciderhelm
04-21-2009, 06:25 AM
mc2ZOf3CkKA

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/images/snowfall/donorbanner.jpg (http://www.tankspot.com/premium.php)

pBKctmDQeR8

Note: I failed to mention Sunbeam. This is an attack which Freya occasionally casts that hits the player and surrounding targets. It is relatively trivial. Also, I said the Fury debuff while Ancient Conservators are alive was easy to heal through; while this is the case, it's certainly not a bad idea to run out of it if you can easily get another mushroom or if you've got the whole raid on top of you.

We'd like to have Mimiron and Thorim done tonight (thus ready for Wednesday morning viewing). Mimiron may be up during raid time tonight for most US guilds so be sure to tab out and check if you clear straight to him.

UI/ADDON INFORMATION:
Lore's UI (10 Man Videos): http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f211/45772-lore-s-ui.html
Ciderhelm's UI (25 Man Videos): http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f211/41095-ciderhelm-ui-information.html
Please post any questions about UI/Addon's in their respective threads and not in this thread

Xerogen
04-21-2009, 06:34 AM
Nice cant wait, we will be doing this boss tonight as well as Thorim.

Hope to see Thorim one up soon if we dont down it tonight ourself :).

Good Luck rest of Ulduar keep up great work with the video's there REALLY helpfull!

Ciderhelm
04-21-2009, 06:37 AM
Lore has Thorim planned out but he wants to hit him again (ideally tonight) to record the Arena part as well. Right now he only has the hallway part, as do I. :)

Temp
04-21-2009, 07:02 AM
Hello Ciderhelm, I wanted to ask.
If I could get your permision to use your guides on our guildwebsite posting your videos and strat guides link'd into our site, Provided that I put copy rights with Tankspot.com and enable link going to your site for more provided help :)

I understand if I can't to any reason, I just want to ask permison before any taken steps.

Ciderhelm
04-21-2009, 07:07 AM
You are always welcome to repost movies to your guild forums. :)

Genova
04-21-2009, 07:10 AM
Encode Faster! /whip Cider's Computer

Ciderhelm
04-21-2009, 07:11 AM
It's not my computer! I only make the thread once YouTube starts, so I can fill out the description!

//edit: Also, donor download is up.

Genova
04-21-2009, 07:13 AM
/whip YouTube!

Temp
04-21-2009, 07:14 AM
Thankyou verymuch Ciderhelm, Tankspot and you make my guild progression so much easier XD!

kavidius
04-21-2009, 07:15 AM
Freya was one of my favourite fights this week raiding the new instance (10man). Not that its extremely difficult, be my team and I went in there with practically no knowledge of the fight, and we worked out everything ourselves.

One of the things I enjoyed most was improvising every time a new add spawned, and then trying to figure out what they were doing and how to combat it. It only took us about 4 tries to work out our strat and subsequently kill her.

Lucky me, I got the tanking helmet (bulk expertise!) and T8.0 gloves from her treasure chest.

Ciderhelm
04-21-2009, 07:25 AM
Movie is up!

Donna
04-21-2009, 07:47 AM
Just a quickie (the best kind!)
The TankSpot Banner and such are missing from the youtube as of this post.
just fyi!

-Donna

xxtabasc0xx
04-21-2009, 07:49 AM
Hm.. how would this work at 10 man? When those 3 adds come? a 10 man would usually just have 2 tanks.

Ciderhelm
04-21-2009, 07:51 AM
In 10-man, the Snaplasher can easily be kited by another player (ideally ranged) since it gets a slowing debuff when it's attacked. The other two can just be tanked by one person.

xxtabasc0xx
04-21-2009, 07:53 AM
oh..well hopefully it would stack with Conc shot. haha.
Thanks!

Squashed
04-21-2009, 08:28 AM
We 10man, 1 shot with 2 tanks. With the 3 adds, tank whatever you can, burn it all. Ranged and melee should know to kite if they get aggro from a specific type of add.

As important as Freya is her trash!

The small flower packs: Separate the large flower by any means possible from the smaller ones, shockwave small ones and kite the large one with earthbind/frost trip works well (small flowers are untankable). Purge/dispel large flower. Once large flower is dead, its GG on small flower.

4 packs aren't bad, just use as much CC as possible - sleep, repent, trap, sap, fear, etc. Face dragons away from the raid.

2 Packs with large tree - Seperate large tree from the nymph - burn nymph. Once nymph is dead the large tree needs to be taunted off due to a movement debuff placed on the tank.

First Elder, right side on entrance - As he gains ironfist and crushes bones he moves slowly, he should be kited when this happens (tank swaps don't work!)

Back right elder, tank & spank as far as I could tell

Back left elder, move him out of the sunbeams and keep DPS on him.

I apologize if this is mentioned in the video, I can't watch it at work! Oh, and Freya's aggro radius is HUGE! We missed our 'undying esque' achievement because he puller her on trash :(

Gertiploiss
04-21-2009, 08:38 AM
Can't wait to try it out! How many times did you guys attempt this before you got it right?

Ashirran
04-21-2009, 10:47 AM
My guild downed her in 10 man last night and our stategy for the group of 3 was to ff the storm lasher and the water spirit down to about 10% each, then ff the snaplasher until it was dead and then to aoe the remaining 2 down. It took a few attempts before everyone was able to do this correctly but after everyone got it down it was a very reliable way of bringing all three down without having to kite the snaplasher around.

Man▀earpig
04-21-2009, 12:00 PM
An interesting note is that in 10 man the snaplasher doesnt necessarily have to be kited. Once the debuffs get stacked up a tank can keep it basically frozen in place by using aoe attacks while out of melee range from it.

Darksend
04-21-2009, 12:08 PM
It is also a lot easier to reset in 10 man than 25 man, simply because less people are attacking it. I never had to call for a reset simply because it falls off on its own in 10

Ghladum
04-22-2009, 10:25 AM
Any idea if a UA build with Mortal Strike would affect her healing and the other mob's healing? Might be a significant reduction in time to kill the adds and her.

perk
04-22-2009, 12:04 PM
Other than 50% dmg increases from all sources, is there any other abilities Freya gains in hard mode? Have not been able to find much info regarding hard mode, any help would be appreciated.

Legomyaggro
04-23-2009, 08:20 PM
How are groups handling the elemental packs in 25-man? With a typical three tank setup, do you need somebody to tank the Lasher (which doesn't slow on Heroic) and the other tank to grab the other 2?

Damonvile
05-02-2009, 10:23 PM
How many stacks are ppl letting the lasher build up in 25 man ? We've had some issues of too many and I die not enough and we can't kill him in time. Trying to find the magic number range :/

Wesclorck
05-03-2009, 09:39 PM
On Freya-25, my guild was having some problems with the Snaplasher getting over-buffed and killing its tank, so we split dps between the Storm Lasher and the Ancient Water Spirit. When each of those mobs got to 20% all the DPS switched to the Snaplasher, at which point its DK tank spammed chains of ice on it and kited it until dead (the tank had plenty of aggro at this point). Then the DPS switched back to their original targets and finished them off. If you have problems finishing off the other 2 mobs before the snaplasher rezs, assign several dps to return to their original targets early, when the Snaplasher is at about 20%.

Freya doesn't hit very hard so your Freya tank can grab the Storm Lasher if you're short on tanks.

Also a couple things worth noting about the trash.
If you kill the Elders they will not respawn after a soft-reset. And uncleared trash will not pull with the boss. So if you come back to Freya after a previous night of attempts within a week's reset period, you can save a lot of time by skipping most of the trash. Just be careful with positioning to avoid mis-pulling trash when you're on the boss.

Peekabhoo
05-03-2009, 11:36 PM
A solid 10 man strat

For the exploding adds: All stack on the MT, AoE adds to 30-50% or so, IMMEDIATELY STOP. Assign one person as the main assist and everyone use single-target moves to kill the adds 1 at a time to allow the healers to keep up

Ancient Guardian: have the OT drag him to a mushroom and have ranged stand under a different mushroom. Whoever get's fury, run out of the mushrooms, Tank and spank otherwise

3 elemental adds (trickiest ones) Have the OT pick all of them up and tank them on freya herself, All DPs AoE them, melee who cannot AoE effectively such as feral druids or warriors/rogues focus on the water ele til 50% then the snaplasher until its dead. At this point Melee kills all of them 1 by 1 (you have 12 sec to kill all three, so if you are melee heavy, refine %s to your party's needs).

Throughout the fight there are trees that spawn that will heal the adds or her, they don't have alot of hit points, and they're nothing more than a nuisance, but if you feel the need, 1 DPS has plenty of time to bring it down from spawn to heal on its own.

Lovestress
05-12-2009, 01:16 AM
My first post here, but I felt since Tankspot has helped our guild so much, I should contribute something to the community.

We had the same problem with the Snaplasher killing our tank using the strategy in the video. So we developed a slight variation. Please note that we also carry 3 standard tanks and 1 extra tank that normally is dps...in this case a dps deathknight who tanked (in full tanking gear and spec via dual talents) the Water Spirit.

Tanks

Freya - Protadin
Snaplasher - Warrior
Stormlasher - DK
Ancient Water Spirit - DK (Death grip really works wonders on his charge)

When her emote begins to summon the 3 adds we have each tank spamming their macro to pickup their add immediately and move it slightly away from the group. The DPS then moves from target to target taking them each down to 10-15% as called by our dps lead. Beginning with the Ancient Water Spirit, then the Storm Lasher and finally the Snap Lasher. Using this method when the dps is on the Snaplasher a mage slows the add while the tank stuns it and runs away, while the dps kill it, then they finish off the other 2. This way the only thing the warrior has to deal with is his own swings and abilities and can control how many stacks get applied. Using this strategy we also found that healing the 4 total tanks was easier as NO ONE is taking any spike damage.

I hope this helps. IF you need more information or a video on how we did this, please do not hesitate to send me a message.

Groka
05-12-2009, 02:08 PM
Im wondering if you guys will be putting out a "How to" for Freya 10 man im sure 25 is harder and its pretty much all the same but i would just like to see a 10 man "How to"

Groka
us,Mug'thol

Damonvile
05-12-2009, 03:11 PM
On Freya-25, my guild was having some problems with the Snaplasher getting over-buffed and killing its tank, so we split dps between the Storm Lasher and the Ancient Water Spirit. When each of those mobs got to 20% all the DPS switched to the Snaplasher, at which point its DK tank spammed chains of ice on it and kited it until dead (the tank had plenty of aggro at this point). Then the DPS switched back to their original targets and finished them off. If you have problems finishing off the other 2 mobs before the snaplasher rezs, assign several dps to return to their original targets early, when the Snaplasher is at about 20%.

We tried this and it worked very well. Only thing we changed was when the DPS switched to the snaplasher we left 1 dps on each of the other 2. By the time the snap lasher went down the other 2 where at about 3%. Easy to finish off at that point.

Also we do this fight with 3 tanks. The one on the boss taunts the water spirit ( the one that charges people if I have the name wrong ) and the two lashers are tanked by the other 2 tanks. The mob that charges around does so regardless of whether it's being tanked or not so we didn't feel a 4th tank was going to help and the extra dps didn't hurt. The boss tank just has to be sure to taunt it back after each charge.

This boss is very easy once you get the 3 spawn of adds worked out. Of the three bosses in this area I would say it goes freya --> hodir --> thorum in hardness.

Ciderhelm
05-15-2009, 12:23 PM
Added a quick addendum for dealing with Detonating Lashers.

hulm
06-08-2009, 01:12 PM
I seem to be having issues avoiding the green stuff she puts out in phase 2. When I do avoid it quite often the melee dps still gets hit by it since she is too close. If anyone has suggestions on how to move her around to avoid this stuff that would be very helpful.

Sark
06-09-2009, 08:13 AM
I seem to be having issues avoiding the green stuff she puts out in phase 2. When I do avoid it quite often the melee dps still gets hit by it since she is too close. If anyone has suggestions on how to move her around to avoid this stuff that would be very helpful.

You can just kite her back and forth between two areas. What you want to do is make sure that *everyone* moves to each new area so that the seed pods are relatively close together and easy to move away from. What usually happens with us is that we have a lazy ranged/healer sitting in the kite path and leaving seed pods that explode on people as they are moving to the clear area.

GirlieGirl
06-21-2009, 10:35 PM
It was said that if you don't kill the 3 spirits close enough together they heal. Yet I see an achievement for killing them within 15 seconds of each other. Am I reading the in game Achievement wrong?
Could someone please clarify?

Thanks

garrodd
06-22-2009, 08:51 AM
It was said that if you don't kill the 3 spirits close enough together they heal. Yet I see an achievement for killing them within 15 seconds of each other. Am I reading the in game Achievement wrong?
Could someone please clarify?

Thanks

The achievement you are talking about (I think) has to do with killing the elders before the fight, not the water spirit, stormlasher and snaplasher during the fight.

MorŕgrÝm
06-25-2009, 04:06 PM
Am I got it right... The first phase your jsut supose to kill packs of adds... 2 packs of Detonation plants, 2 packs of trees and 2 of the three things? and phase 2 are just runing away from the farts as the first boss in ub?

Muffin Man
06-25-2009, 04:19 PM
The achievement you are talking about (I think) has to do with killing the elders before the fight, not the water spirit, stormlasher and snaplasher during the fight.

Deforestation - Achievement - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=2985) is what's she's talking about.

When you kill one, it starts a rez timer that's cancelled if the other two die within the time frame. We've flubbed the timing before and seen them all rez one by one.

The achievement is for killing all 6 that Freya will spawn over the course of the encounter within 10 seconds. I guess you could just keep tanking the first set of 3 until the second set shows up then AoE them down together. Or you can just keep killing / letting them rez until the 2nd set show up. We haven't tried it and I don't expect that we will (we must first knock on wood!).

haftonburger
07-03-2009, 12:17 AM
I seem to be having issues avoiding the green stuff she puts out in phase 2. When I do avoid it quite often the melee dps still gets hit by it since she is too close. If anyone has suggestions on how to move her around to avoid this stuff that would be very helpful.Wiping on this part is extremely frustrating, but it's also the easiest to avoid. I've tried the "just kite her around" trick a few times and that NEVER works like it's supposed to, people aren't that smart and you loose a few here and there, added stress on the healers, or the raid wipes completely from ineptitude.

But, you're in luck. There's a really easy way - use the river. when phase 2 begins, just have everyone bunch up on one side of the river - the ranged can be spread all along it if they like. When she farts out bombs (and here's the foolproof part) have people call it out and just cross the river. See? EASY! if you're on land on the other side, you're far enough away from them to not get hit. She only farts out bombs where people are currently standing, so you'll always cross over to a clear field. Just cross back and forth to victory!!

Harbringerau
07-29-2009, 12:18 AM
Thanks for you movies with the iron fist we do a tank swap and it works a treat. taunt on iron fist wait 5 secs taunt back no damage.

kungfuchaos
08-11-2009, 09:17 PM
Im just wondering i looked on your forums and in the movies but do you have Freya 1, 2, or 3 elders up? if not would you beable to do a small post explaning the fight im tryin to get my guild to do more progression rather then just farming the one's we know we can kill.

Thank you for any help you can give

DarkSirius
10-07-2009, 06:33 PM
Thanks for the awesome video, this helped a lot. I am dying to know and have searched relentlessly. What is the song you used in the background? :)

Tankertanker
10-25-2009, 06:40 AM
what addon is that in the video where the mobs hp bar is kinda faded, i like how u can set the opacity of it plz share