PDA

View Full Version : Why is my guild picking on me ?

robbon
04-21-2009, 02:20 AM
Ok so Ulduar is hurting.

Are Prot warriors so far off the pace compared to other tanking classes that i should just hang up my shield and play my nuke chars ??

Really...im struggling to see the issue here..other than my nub guildies are stressed at wiping and slow progress and blaming me...

Please

here is my char profile on armory. I thought my spec, build and gear is pretty much top drawer.

We managed to clear all of naxx25, malygos25 and Sarth 2D 25man with no issues..our last battle was sarth 3d and we were on to it...so close...

But i am just struggling to improve my gear and setup....

really is there much i can do ?

I have BS and all my gear is socketed...not sure if armory is showing this now or not...

i know im not expertise capped but 20 is not far off and HP is preffered at the moment for progress running. Im also going to change the armor plating on shield to 18 stam to boost my hp a little..but even by dropping the expertise and going full 24stam i cant get my hp much higher than 32k.

im lost.............

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning%27s+Blade&n=Belgariad)

PLEASE BE REALLY CRITICAL.

im a grown up and not ashamed to cry....
thanks

Krog
04-21-2009, 03:01 AM
I've been lurking around on Tankspot and well their is nothing much to say about your gear apart the fact that you can easily start Ulduar with not much of a gear restriction.
Now if your guildies are snobbing you because you take too much in the face ... maybe see whats

ndb1983
04-21-2009, 03:07 AM
We are going from bosses that hit for 8-12k to bosses that hit for 17-22k more or less, so yeah, people will notice it on the tank. Tell em to buckle down, heal and dps and get some bosses down.

Krog
04-21-2009, 03:07 AM
I've been lurking around on Tankspot and well their is nothing much to say about your gear apart the fact that you can easily start Ulduar with not much of a gear restriction.
Now if your guildies are snobbing you because you take too much in the face ... maybe see whats wrong with the healers.
Sure bears always have been great for exploring content , such a huge HP pool.
Your block is a bit high ( IMO ) and you could increase your dodge a bit more ( replace the lavanthors by the emblem one ) .
But I'm a bad example ... cause i gem for parry :p ( common flame me ! ) i just love parry and being over 20% in it makes me all happy and stuff , but we are off the subject .
I've tanked 6 encounter in Ulduar 10 with no gear restriction ( just retarded dps used to dps/random/loot )
Here is my armory , bad example , but i can tank it =D so you should too !

Oh and my spec is screwed up due to a double specced error , will be respecing soon . Ah and also ( i'm such a bad tank , excuse me ) I'm neither hit or expertise capped , well simply because i have no threat issues ( good reason no ? ) i mean as long as i can hold my guilds warlock at omen , life is great !

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Krog)

iofe
04-21-2009, 03:13 AM
Your healers need to pay a bit attention know, that's what they need to understand.

Your gear is fine and more then adequate.

You could try and respec for a more survival oriented spec with imp. disciplines and get the shield wall and last stand glyph to help them. It really helps with those shorter cooldowns on progression fights. I use it and have absolutely no problems with threat.

Aethelas
04-21-2009, 03:15 AM
Apart from your expertise there's not much to pick on your gear.

The questions are:

Are your healers running out of mana? Is surviveability a problem?
Is is threat? are dps threat capped perhaps and are you missing out on enrage timers?

I don't know how attached you are to wearing 5/5 of your T7+ kit. I am still happy with the shoulders from Anub'Rekhan with expertise and the legs from Malygos in a similar setup, more expertise slightly less avoidance.

You might want to at least swap the block trinket for a stamina trinket if you got acces to it. Or, should you be happier with it something like a hit rating trinket or something. the blockvalue is nice threat, but well block's some, but not a lot of mitigation on hits from Ulduar bosses.

Simbala
04-21-2009, 03:19 AM
To be honest i am very concerned at this also,
what i did to minimise the problem was buyng Glyph of last stand, Glyph of shield wall, and glyph of vigilance i am also considering to spec for improved disciplines,
my gear atm is very similar to yours i have around 33k unbufed, hope it helps.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Grim+Batol&n=Simbala)

Krays
04-21-2009, 03:37 AM
They could be snubbing you cause you not good at reacting to stuff. No spec, gear or anything will save you if you dont press shield walla t correct moment, or get the mob that was gunning for a healer.

I doubt they mean yiu gear and just mean you need to increase awarness and ability usage. However I do see some stand out issues, if you wanna hear them. Firts of all +10,stats is not an ulduar enchant, _275 hp is. leave the +20 def on shield though. Change gloves enchant to 2% tps and 10parry. change at least one trinket to hp trinket. HP and eh is king in ulduar. You should also consider changing your spec to my secondary spec if you mt alot, along with the glyphs i use.

galathan
04-21-2009, 03:51 AM
Imho the +10 to all stats is good enough. I would swap the boots for the Kyzoc's Ground Stompers - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40743) , and the block trinket for Essence of Gossamer - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37220) .

Fledern
04-21-2009, 04:10 AM
I've only done 10-man Ulduar yet (our one 25-man try ended up with half the players freaking out over repair costs). This is what i noted:

* Bosses and even trash hit WAY harder.
* Trash isnt trivial. No more gather & aoe. CC, spell interrupts, positioning are all back - and i like it.
* Healers have more stuff to do than click grid & clique.
* No more tank & spank fights.
* Any dps with less than 3K mobile dps is a liability.

Overall i like all the above. It makes raiding challenging again. It also means that all those healers (ok, sometimes they had hard jobs too) and dps no longer have it easy.

Imo check if the above apply to you. Ulduar is no more a "get a good tank & steamroll the rest" raid - everybody needs to focus.

Krays
04-21-2009, 04:12 AM
Imho the +10 to all stats is good enough. I would swap the boots for the Kyzoc's Ground Stompers - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40743) , and the block trinket for Essence of Gossamer - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37220) .

ITs not, +10 stats is not only a waste, its not as good as +275 hp. The small incease yoou see to tps from 10 strength is like not worth it, its far better to min/max imo. OFc it doesnt matter really and having +10 stats wont stop u killing stuff, but if you wnat the best for ulduar its +275hp

robbon
04-21-2009, 04:42 AM
some good points allready.

I have both the gossemer trinket and the dodge trinket from badges as well and swap them in as needed.

I know about the Hp enchant on chest and i am changing this also.

Thanks for comments. really useful.

As for "oh shit moments"..ye i am using shieldwall more now as well as enraged regeneration / last stand and as soon as the glyph of shield wall is avialable i will get it... i have all our inscriptors looking for it...

galathan
04-21-2009, 04:46 AM
+10 stats wont only benefit the tps through str you also get a bit more block value, you also get agi out of it, a little more crit/armor/dodge and better interaction with blessing of kings than the +275hp(not saying you get 275hp out of kings!), imo it is personal choice, go with what you feel better, it sure isn't a gamebreaking enchant.

Daavos
04-21-2009, 07:12 AM
We've having the similar issues, but I've been chalking this up to laziness on the part of our raiders after so much easy content in NAX/OS/Mally.

Our healers have develop a bad habit of reactively healing by starting casts AFTER the hit has landed instead of predicting the incoming hit. Our dps'er have been ignoring tank targets and dps'ing and aoe large amounts of trash or what they please and dying on heavy hitting trash, and difference skill level of our tanks is starting to show - an example being situation awareness. On top of this of all this, way too many players dying the fire. It's hard to believe we full cleared SSC/TK/Hyjal/BT back in the day. *sigh*