PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble with threat - is it talents / gear?

whooleeo
04-20-2009, 02:51 PM
Hi all - I'm new to tankspot. I'm usually one of my guild's main healers, but we are occasionally short on tanks, so I have a DK alt I use to fill in as needed. I know I'm still learning to be a good tank, so I'm sure my issues with threat are at least partially to blame on my lack of experience.

However I would like to make sure it's not my gear or spec. My main trouble is keeping aggro on multiple targets. My groupmates with moderate to good dps (1500-3200) are consistently pulling aggro from me despite my use of taunts like Dark Command, Death Grip, Howling Blast, Death and Decay, Blood Boil, etc.

Any tips you're willing to give me on my spec or gear are greatly appreciated. If you want to throw in tips on use of my abilities as well, feel free.

My Armory: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Maelstrom&n=Whoosurdaddy)

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I only have access to heroics / BOE items / Emblems. My guild is doing naxx, and the mains are getting most of the gear at this point.

Thanks!
Whoo

ajwetton
04-20-2009, 03:27 PM
Couple quick things about the spec, I didn't really look at gear b/c that comes in time. get your badge gear and get anything and everything you can out of heroics. but about the spec. You need tog et all 5 points in blaid barrier, all 5 points is definatly a must now even more than before b/c its total dmg reduction. drop the 3 in subversion b/c the crit for blood strike imo isn't that important. in the frost tree- I would lose hungering cold as its near usless in pve b/c if you do have to CC you should have your dps do it and its useless for bosses. rime is about playstyle if it works go for it. I went with full killing machine b/c it does help alot with critting, I'd lose licheborne unless you really need the fear removal, handy but very very situational used to be amazing with the chance to miss on the talent bu now its meh, and I would definatly find a way to put 3 points in glacial rot IT HB and FS are 3 of your bread and butter moves as frost and the extra dmg is too nice to pass up. unholy is fine and thats how i did it. hope this helps, i've been DK tankin since wrath and I MT alot for our guild so i hope i've been helpful GL do you in ur tanking.

whooleeo
04-21-2009, 01:10 PM
Thanks AJ - very helpful info! I'd love to hear any other advice or tips you or the others on the forum want to give. Much appreciated :)

Whoo