PDA

View Full Version : AOE Threat Question

klaugh
04-20-2009, 09:46 AM
Hey,

I'm decently geared, and have no problems with single target threat or a 2 mob group with holding threat, but beyond that it seems I can't hold threat very well against all the mobs with a geared Arms/Fury Warrior & Ret Paladins and their whirlwind as well as some other classes that do high AOE damage.

My rotation is Charge in, Thunder Clap, Shockwave if they're in position, otherwise quick move then Shockwave, Demo Shout, Thunder Clap again, and then depending on what the last pull was, Challenging Shout/Taunt depending on how many/if any got away from me. Then I continue with SS/Revenge/Devastate whenever TClap and Shockwave are both on CD rotating through the mobs.

Is there something I'm missing? Maybe a gear or gem choice I can alter to increase AOE threat? Maybe my talent choices?

Doing H UP last night, running through the gauntlet for Skadi, I did alright, but the Arms Warrior running with me seemed to always pull at least one of the mobs off me. Or is this just a shortcoming of Warriors currently?

My Armory: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&cn=Klaugh)

Warlikes
04-20-2009, 10:18 AM
You should try cleave with the glyph. I found that helped my multi target threat alot.

klaugh
04-27-2009, 05:53 AM
I have added Cleave to my multi target rotation and it has helped out immensely. I honestly don't know why I didn't think of it before, I had just completely forgotten that I had cleave. It wasn't even on my bars before.

Since adding it, I haven't had any real problems.