PDA

View Full Version : Blood spec (single target) tps

pxk
04-18-2009, 06:59 PM
The most viable stat for generating threat... hmm what do you guys think?
currently im sitting at 3.2k attack power (unbuffed), 227hit(6.92), 47expertise(11.75). I was browsing the net one day and I read that uldar bosses no longer gain a free swing after they parry an attack..(not sure if that's even true or not) but if it is true, it makes going over the soft expertise cap not as viable as it used too.. If that is the case, I think the most viable stat goes to stacking str as it scales with talent points/raid buffs while expertise/hit does not scale... It certainly does feel good to not get parried and it does provide survivability but right now I'm aiming for the maximum threat build.
talent/glyphs (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jcEGVh0Icbofssx0xZ0g0h:Gdp0mV)
so what do you guys think is the most viable stat? (e.g. a response could be expertise>hit>str>AmP or something simple as that)

Magnarosh
04-18-2009, 08:10 PM
i tried a spec very very similar to that and found it underperforming my frost build for TPS. However to actually answer the question, i would say hit>exp>str>ARP

pxk
04-18-2009, 10:00 PM
i tried a spec very very similar to that and found it underperforming my frost build for TPS. However to actually answer the question, i would say hit>exp>str>ARP
yes i would agree for frost spec because it relies on frost strike and rune strike for single target tanking so expertise isnt as important because your only skill that takes advantage of it, is obliterate..
as for blood, expertise covers 2 things while hit only covers miss; so its obviously different..