PDA

View Full Version : Need help w/specing Warrior

gratefullife
04-16-2009, 03:08 PM
Hi all, first post here and as the title says, I'm needing some help. First things first, I am by no means a power player, I am barely a casual player. I've been playing wow since early 2006 and took about a year off last year and feel like more of a noob now than ever. With that, my old "main" is still only a lvl 43 (tauren hunter) and I rarely even look at him anymore being that a buddy of mine got me started on a different server as an alliance. Figured if I was going to start fresh, I'd try something completely new and started my current toon. Had things going ok, till 3.1 hit and now I'm just lost. Here he is...

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Uther&n=Arghos)

My goal with this guy is to potentially convert to DK (any objections here?) and even if I don't, to spec up to tank. Anyway, any suggestions you all have would be appreciated.

Edit. I realized that I had not really specified in here what I was asking for assistance with. I am looking for help with specing currently for leveling. Being that I am currently closing in on where I left off last time I stopped playing, I am not too sure what lies in store past the point beyond where I'm at. Up to now I have not done any instances with this guy (which I'm guessing is going to hurt later) at all and have been soloing about 85-90% of the time. Before the patch, I was primarily specced Fury because of a write-up that I read a while back that said that it would be the best for lvling. So far, I have not been too impressed, but it works. With that said, again I am asking for some assistance in what I should be looking at to advance quickly and to be able to either tank later on or to switch to a death knight and give that a shot. Thanks for any help that you all can be.

Yahto
04-17-2009, 12:07 AM
Yes, if you want to level fast fury is the way to go. A few points here and there are off; swap to this if you feel it is necessary. Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#LZhxh0E0u0xo)
As far as swapping to a DK... don't. Blizzard doesn't have a firm grasp on what kind of tank they want to make them and I don't think they ever will. Sure if you want to lolpwnface in PvP then I guess swap to DK but other than that I really don't see any reason to take a DK over a warrior for tanking.

Bemis
04-17-2009, 09:01 AM
So far, I have not been too impressed, but it works.

That's because warriors are pretty crappy for leveling, but they are more than worth the time spent once you hit Outland.

gratefullife
04-19-2009, 06:26 AM
Did not realize that there was contention over the whole DK thing. May have to put some more time in to research I suppose.

Thanks Yahto for the assistance with the talent tree, that helps. Question is though that once I ding 50 then I should look at re-spec'ing to prot for the instances right? Thanks again for your help.

Wars
04-19-2009, 09:41 AM
You won't even need to do instances when you hit 50. I would advise against going prot as leveling as it is fun, though it is a bit slower than fury.

As casual as you say you are, you won't have much luck finding groups for the lower lvl dungeons even on the highest of population realms. Most people just run their alts and such through with high lvl friends with the advent of RAF exploitation and powerleveling.

If you want to go prot, by all means go for it, though I would advise against it.