PDA

View Full Version : Main Tank talents

Marou
04-15-2009, 06:28 AM
Hey guys, first of all this is my first post here so hi everyone, I'm Tom and I'm GM and MT of my semi-casual guild. TankSpot has been great help for us, much <3

Anyway, as mentioned above I'm MT and tonight (or if it's unplayable, some time this week) we're planning on trying Ulduar with hope of downing of some content (we cleared everything but 3D 10/25 in the past).

As MT I think I want most survivability, so I was thinking about talents along these lines:
Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#LVZhyZVItrx0zidIzsGo)

While I'll suggest DW builds to my offtanks and personally try out UA as my 2nd spec.

I'm bit worried about my threat here, I never went for DW and started having issues (Thaddius, Malygos) with some insane DPSers, I wonder if going even deeper into survivability will damage my threat too much (until now I had imp. HS/Puncture instead of Demoralising Shout [and now started thinking - did that help with my threat much? probably not, lol])

I was considering putting points into imp. Spell Reflection but not sure if it's useful in Ulduar (I know so far it hardly had any use outside EoE) and perhaps Imp. Disciplines.

So - what do you think, as MT should I got for max. survivability and therefore use talents I linked or is the difference not noticable and I should go for simple DW build?

Tried finding discussions about specific MT builds but had little luck, sorry if I repeat the topic.

Damonvile
04-15-2009, 10:34 AM
I'm not too worried about threat on a survivability build. If it's an issue and I'm not getting killed I'll switch to my threat build and gear.

I like your MT spec and am going to use something like it. I think I'll swap 2 points out of cruelty and pick up shield wall ( if I can ). I don't know if I'll end up liking it but after playing the DK tank I'd like to see how the warrior plays with more usable cool downs.

oafloaf
04-15-2009, 11:22 AM
One thing you might want to look at is imp spell reflect. I am giong to be diong a similar spec to yours but sub out the curelty for the imp spell reflect. Razersclae was a chalange on 10 man and 25 man last night and it seems that this helped with the adds (you can reflect the chain lightening)

As for threat just make sure you guild knows they will need to do the old count to 5 thing before the blow him up and you should not have a huge issue.

Marou
04-15-2009, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the replies

I'm going to skip Imp. Spell Reflect for the time being and see how our further attempts on Razorscale go (servers went down after 2nd attempt and we called it off).

Also considering that shield wall talent; I guess I'll stick with what I posted and adjust it depending on the needs.

Malavar
04-16-2009, 08:36 AM
Agree with Oafloaf, as my spec is very close to your's as well. I basically removed the 3 points you had on Focused Rage and moved 2 of them to Improved Spell Reflection and the last point on Cruelty to top it up.

Yes, this means you're having to utilize your rage more efficiently but if you're used to raiding pre-WotK, shouldn't be an issue (especially if you have Revenge and Heroic Strike Glyphs). All in all, the Improved Spell Reflect is great with bosses and amazing on mobs (i.e. can drop them real fast). Even more so, because peeps aren't getting hit with the spells, it helps make the healers job a little easier as well.