PDA

View Full Version : Ulduar XT-002 Deconstructor

Ciderhelm
04-15-2009, 04:51 AM
BHcFWPUBpr4

c4VfaZXFZUY

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/images/snowfall/donorbanner.jpg (http://www.tankspot.com/premium.php)

XT-002 has a very strict enrage timer of 6 minutes. Though the fight seems simple, this is why Pummelers are being off-tanked rather than killed.

We've chosen to release the XT-002 Deconstructor movie first because it is an essential boss that was locked out from the majority of raiders last night. In other words, this should be the most useful to the largest number of guilds possible in these early days. :)

We're going to aim for 1-2 movies a day for as long as content permits, so keep your eyes out every morning for new videos. This will be a much more mixed lot of movies than Naxxramas, with both 10-man and 25-man movies coming wherever we feel one fits the bill better (for instance, both Lore and I did Flame Leviathan kills with towers active on 10-man, so these videos will be more generally useful than our last 25-man).

I hope everyone has enjoyed what they've seen so far in Ulduar!

(Note: This is currently written as a news post since it displays to our news page; it will be updated to a strategy post in the near future)

UI/ADDON INFORMATION:
Lore's UI (10 Man Videos): http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f211/45772-lore-s-ui.html
Ciderhelm's UI (25 Man Videos): http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f211/41095-ciderhelm-ui-information.html
Please post any questions about UI/Addon's in their respective threads and not in this thread

Ohnoto
04-15-2009, 04:53 AM
I stayed tuned and was disappointed... Lore did the guide. :eek:

Shouldn't SOME credit be given to him.

dimpster
04-15-2009, 04:57 AM
ha ha how true!!!

Ciderhelm
04-15-2009, 05:10 AM
Movie up!

solocommand
04-15-2009, 05:15 AM
Cheers, thanks Cider!

Edgar
04-15-2009, 05:17 AM
Looks like a very easy boss.

Ciderhelm
04-15-2009, 05:18 AM
Worth mentioning this guy has a very strict enrage timer. :)

Nomiss
04-15-2009, 05:19 AM
Can we expect this in HD for premium download in the same past or will that take some extra time. The quality on youtube isnt the best.

and, thanks....

Keep up the good work

Ciderhelm
04-15-2009, 05:20 AM
Nomiss it's uploading now. Check in about ~20 minutes.

Ray
04-15-2009, 05:29 AM
Has anyone done the hard mode on this yet? Does he still go into the add phase if you pop his heart at 75%? Can you break his heart at 25% and get the achieve?

Also, can scrapbots be slowed or novad?

Sigh, we totally could have gotten that far last night if the stupid servers werent done all night. GG blizz for releasing new content and not making sure it works.

Nomiss
04-15-2009, 05:44 AM
Nomiss it's uploading now. Check in about ~20 minutes.

Perfect!
Thanks

Edgar
04-15-2009, 05:54 AM
I saw Lore getting 2 achievements. Just curious what those where.

Nerf Engineering (http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=2931) and Nerf Gravity Bombs (http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=2934) are the once I'm guessing from the blurry video.

Anglachel
04-15-2009, 06:42 AM
looks like a firly straightforward fight, not very hard... except for healers... looks like they are gonna have a handful...

Stompbox
04-15-2009, 07:50 AM

Nerf Engineering (http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=2931) and Nerf Gravity Bombs (http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=2934) are the once I'm guessing from the blurry video.

I downloaded the video from the Donor Downloads page and those are indeed the achievements he got.

<3 the donor downloads, thanks Cider!

Krenian
04-15-2009, 08:00 AM
Lore should tell us how he dealt with the first two packs in front of the XT-002. ><

Skyaxe
04-15-2009, 08:02 AM
Could anyone please post:
1. How long his Phase 2 Lasts?
2. Whats the raidwide DPS Requirement to down him?
3. Whats a good number of healers to bring for him?
4. How Hard does he hit?
5. How Hard do the adds hit?

Many thanks, and nice Vid, Grats on kill.:)

Squirrelnut
04-15-2009, 08:10 AM
Great Vid, looking forward to more on the other bosses :)

Holystix
04-15-2009, 08:16 AM
Nice vid, seems fairly easy.

dagimp007
04-15-2009, 08:50 AM
something that may be helpful now is to make floders for each raid and putt all the movies in there...

Stograth
04-15-2009, 09:58 AM
Best videos ever

Kazeyonoma
04-15-2009, 09:58 AM
is there a difference between 10/25man that needs to be mentioned, or no idea yet.

Lore
04-15-2009, 01:02 PM
Has anyone done the hard mode on this yet? Does he still go into the add phase if you pop his heart at 75%? Can you break his heart at 25% and get the achieve?

When you destroy his heart, he's immediately healed to 100%. So, you can, but it's not as easy as it sounds :P We haven't tried hard mode on him yet but I imagine it will probably be one of the first we go for.

Also, can scrapbots be slowed or novad? Yes. They have very little health though, the GCD used to cast the slow or nova could generally just be used to kill them.

Correct.

Lore should tell us how he dealt with the first two packs in front of the XT-002. ><

Very, very painfully :P I accidentally frapsed it, I might post up the video sometime just for fun. Essentially we just had two DPS swap specs so we had a 3rd tank and healer, kited them back near the teleporter, and graveyard zerged it.

About 30 seconds. You can target his heart to see a cast bar; when that finishes, he goes back into phase 1.

I'm not sure. Fairly high. We were unable to kill him before the enrage until we went with the strategy in the video (offtanking the Pummelers).

We used two (a Disc priest and a Holy priest). I don't see a three-healer group being possible with his 6-minute enrage timer.

4. How Hard does he hit?

Not terribly hard. The bigger problem is during Tantrums, or when one of the tanks is selected for Light Bomb.

Lore
04-15-2009, 01:05 PM
Also, high-rez should be up on YouTube shortly.

CKaz
04-15-2009, 01:13 PM
very nice!

Can you either fill me in on [some of your key] mod choices or direct me to a thread/blog/info-bit which has them? I loved some of what I saw but its a bit fuzzy to ID anything, I'll keep an eye out for the HD video version.

In particular liked the bars and updates coming through in oval form there:D

Lore
04-15-2009, 02:35 PM
http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f211/45772-lore-s-ui.html

;)

zeleene
04-15-2009, 03:09 PM
i think it's a helfull video so far...and think about at least u have a video in the 2nd day of patch realease good job cider looking forward to the see the rest

Mannaroth
04-15-2009, 04:28 PM
Its also worth noting that damage done to his heart during the add phase is transferred to him after, and the heart takes double damage. This should help if you're struggling with DPS.

Bishoptwo
04-15-2009, 04:30 PM

Kite back, graveyard zerg, 130ish in repairs = GG but it worked

Ciderhelm
04-15-2009, 04:31 PM
Kite back, graveyard zerg, 130ish in repairs = GG but it worked
I frapsed us doing the same qq

so painful

huhcio
04-15-2009, 05:29 PM
Lore, could you please post atleast the rough DPS of your team, caus this is the problem in our group (imo) and i would like to show people atleast what to aim for.

hvidgaard
04-15-2009, 05:31 PM
Its also worth noting that damage done to his heart during the add phase is transferred to him after, and the heart takes double damage. This should help if you're struggling with DPS.
anyone else can confirm this? we ran into the enragetimer as well.

As for healing - bloody hell! the AoE is massive, need more haste please :S

Dzen
04-15-2009, 06:02 PM
anyone finding ulduar surprising hard? not the first boss =\ I keep getting one shot when tanking the boss..

Bishoptwo
04-15-2009, 06:06 PM

can anyone confirm this? We killed him on 10 man no problem, using 1 tank, 2 healers and 7 dps.

25 man we had to deal with the trash, then only got like 4ish attempts in on Deconstructor and server crashed, waiting for them to come back up. I feel our dps should be good enough but would be nice to know if you can get extra dps in.

Tifas
04-15-2009, 06:52 PM
Yes I can confirm that whatever damage you do to the heart is transferred to XT(I don't know what happens if you actually end up killing the heart) and the heart's health is restored at the following 50%/25% intervals.

Mannaroth
04-15-2009, 07:06 PM
Fraps I did to prove it shown below. The quality is very poor (It was meant for my own viewing), but you can clearly see him enter the add phase, we pop bloodlust and nuke the heart, and after the add phase the Deconstructor's health jumps from 75% down to 55%.

Even with that though, we had several wipes at 10% (we always had one or two people die) - i dont know how it would be even feasable without the dps on the heart.

http://files.filefront.com/xt+002+deconstructor+wipewmv/;13606280;/fileinfo.html

Mannaroth
04-15-2009, 07:10 PM
Yes I can confirm that whatever damage you do to the heart is transferred to XT(I don't know what happens if you actually end up killing the heart) and the heart's health is restored at the following 50%/25% intervals.

Actually killing the heart causes him to fully restore his health, gain a 25% maximum health increase and he gains several new abilities - hard mode.

Brutul
04-15-2009, 09:36 PM
Actually killing the heart causes him to fully restore his health, gain a 25% maximum health increase and he gains several new abilities - hard mode. http://www.tankspot.com/forums/../images/buttons/quote.png (http://www.tankspot.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=209592)

DPS'ing the heart doesn't mean you have to kill it...

Bishoptwo
04-15-2009, 09:40 PM
Yes thanks for the replies, we are able to dps the heart now and only get like one tantrum per 25 percent now. Now if the servers would stay up, like 4 wipes at 2ish percent QQ.

Again thanks for the replies =D

ttocs
04-15-2009, 11:23 PM
I frapsed us doing the same qq

so painful

We originally tried doing him with the trash still up.. but it was a crap shoot as to whether or not the adds would aggro (plus, it gave us a smaller area to spread out). So, I had the crazy idea to have Lore spec Prot and our elemental shaman spec resto (so, 3 tanks, 3 heals), and just graveyard zerg the damn thing. We all only died like once (someone might have died a second time, I don't remember), but it wasn't 130g in repairs.

Wrosh
04-16-2009, 12:05 AM
Thank god for us Europeans we started with the trash there deactivated. The boss however to mee seemed to have a very harsh enrage timer, we had to end up with me tanking the boss and adds and only two healers. To get an idea, this is a 3D guild.

And ofcourse we didn't know that heart damage also damages the boss but still.

Merovech
04-16-2009, 12:53 AM
Why are you not DPSing the heart during the 10 seconds you can with the 100% increase in damage to the boss?

As long as you don't actually kill the heart hard mode doesnt start and you get A LOT of extra damage going on, the adds can get cleaned up after the heart is no longer attackable.

Makes the fight alot shorter.

hvidgaard
04-16-2009, 01:04 AM
personally we wasn't sure if it actually damaged the boss, he switched HP and all, so we tried to get the adds under controle instead :) gotta love gear checks :P

Merovech
04-16-2009, 01:11 AM
When the heart pops out, its like Thaddius buffs, you do 100% more damage to him once the heart goes back into him.

Ie: you do 6 million DPS (takes 7.5 million to kill the heart) when the heart goes back into him the boss loses 12 million HP, and the hearts HP refreshes each phase 2...

Green024
04-16-2009, 01:45 AM
strat for dpsing the heart worked great... also for add control we used a mage on either side(killing adds in both corners) with a boomkin switching between sides to help out, so the rest of dps could zerg the heart... 1 tank 2 heals(10 man setup)

Ciderhelm
04-16-2009, 01:46 AM
Have added the Heart information to the main thread using a video addendum. I've also made note of it in the original video.

Donors, this will be downloadable in the near future.

TiKrazeeeNeg
04-16-2009, 03:12 AM
ROFL. Just watched the latest Deconstructor vid on YouTube. 540 Def FTW.

Emerys
04-16-2009, 04:13 AM
We used two (a Disc priest and a Holy priest). I don't see a three-healer group being possible with his 6-minute enrage timer.

Actually we brought him to 15% with a 3 healer group but we never dpsed the heart at all I m sure that after we implement heartburn strategy we ll be able to kill him. 3 healers actually make it easier to heal trough tantrum or even an occasional too close gravity bomb.

Blazer463
04-16-2009, 05:39 AM
I have one question about the strat where you burn the heart. If you have all the DPS burning the heart, who's on the adds? Did you just CC them and they despawned, or what?

Squashed
04-16-2009, 05:50 AM
The adds have very little life, if you focus 3-5 DPS to kill the scrap/bomb bots it should not be a problem at all.

This is 10 man strat extrapolated to 25 man, not sure if the # or life of adds has any effect on it

bludwork
04-16-2009, 06:16 AM
are we talking about 10 or 25man modes? it can get very confusing sometimes trying to garner information

brain
04-16-2009, 08:18 AM
I have one question about the strat where you burn the heart. If you have all the DPS burning the heart, who's on the adds? Did you just CC them and they despawned, or what?

The adds don't instantly show up, you should just deal with them when they are within range. They aren't even that fast.

Krenian
04-16-2009, 08:49 AM
Cider, in the Addendum, I didn't hear the part that you should mention:

By doing this, you're however pushing double the spawn rate on the corners so your tanks and DPS having to deal with those corners need to know this and need to be really DPSing down their corners hard. Be forewarned!

Pellet
04-16-2009, 02:36 PM
Ok, i know the patch has only just arrive on EU servers, but my guild has been stuck on this encouter for a while.

We 1 shotted Flame leviathan, but Ignis and Razorscale nailed us, so we moved to XT -002

We can reach phase 2, but a tantrum seems to happen just before the heart is exposed, at 75%. which requires massive aoe healing, then we catch up on the dps nuking the heart.
but the adds always seem to reach the boss and we end up getting nailed.

I know it may obviously be a gear thing, but we are all fully epically Naxx 10 geared and partically 25 geared. and i was under the impression that all the 10 mans shared the same progression, ie: 10man naxx gear was sufficient for the first part of 10man ulduar)

we burn BL and still come short on the tantrum timer, even when everyone is kicking out 3k DPS + without BL.

Anyone got any useful hints?

Lyco
04-16-2009, 03:56 PM
get 4k+ DPS.
Atleast that's what got us the kill. Used 2 tanks and 2 Healers also.

Karpfenmann
04-16-2009, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the video !

Btw. Lore what Addon are you using for the range Check ?

Fayre
04-17-2009, 02:53 AM
We tried the 'nuke the heart' strategy with a 3 healer group on 10 man and it worked beautifully with no issues on the enrage timer. However, to avoid getting overrun, we didn't restart DPS on the boss until we'd finished the remaining adds off - so we sat at 55% for a bit while killing adds, then back to the boss, nuke the heart, deal with adds, back to the boss, repeat...

Dozermm
04-17-2009, 04:16 AM
Any chance you could post up a small guide or description of what resolution and render settings you use for the HD upload to youtube? You are getting a substantially higher quality out than I am at the moment and I'm very curious about the settings you use, as detailed as possible please.

Thanks in advance,

frac
04-17-2009, 06:13 AM
my raid group is comprised of 10 full naxx 25 geared people 1 priest 1 shammy 1 pally for heals, 2 warriors as tanks and assorted mele and ranged dps. we tried this guys several time now and cant get past 50 percent. the tantrum seems to be whats wiping us. is there anything to counter it and what is the minimum dps we should be doing to be successfull any input would be helpful as we are banging our heads against the wall

Yarpenowski
04-17-2009, 08:26 AM
Actually we brought him to 15% with a 3 healer group but we never dpsed the heart at all I m sure that after we implement heartburn strategy we ll be able to kill him. 3 healers actually make it easier to heal trough tantrum or even an occasional too close gravity bomb.

We did it yesterday with 3 healers (pala, shaman and druid), maintank (druid), offtank (pala) and 5 dps (2x hunter, pala, warrior and mage) with heartburn strategy but it was a pain in the ...

I don't know how many wipes it was but trust me .. a lot :) all with enrage. Once boss had only 13k of hp :) That time we killed him it was on enrage or maybe 1-2 sec before.

Ray
04-17-2009, 08:45 AM
Ciderhelm and Lore:

Talking specifically to the 25 man version right now. How many DPS and Healers were you running for XT when you were shooting the heart movie?? I was doing the math and you need roughly 105 RDPS to bring him into phase 2 prior to the first tantrum. So I guess my question is how many healers did you run? We were running 3 tanks, 7 healers, and 15 DPS. Just running the numbers, the DPS would have to pull off more than 6K DPS without hero to burn him into phase 2. That just isnt feasible for us considering the moving for bombs and what not. If I reduce the number to 5 healers and 17 DPS, I come up with the number of 5800 DPS counting all the tanks as 1 DPSer during phase 1. This seems more doable, but at the same time, when we do get a tantrum, we will get owned (we still have people die in them right now with 7 healers).

Im trying to find the balance and save my hero for the heart, but if I save my hero, I dont see how its mathmatically possible to get 6K for all my DPSer. Do you have a parse of a kill I could look over?

Thanks

Darmaul
04-17-2009, 01:00 PM

By doing this, you're however pushing double the spawn rate on the corners so your tanks and DPS having to deal with those corners need to know this and need to be really DPSing down their corners hard. Be forewarned!

^ This.

We made several attempts at XT last night and we had some where we did no dps to heart and some where we popped Heroism when the heart came up. It definitely does a lot of damage but you get WAY more adds. We got to where we were overrun by scrap bots in 10 man and eventually some scrapbots would get through.

I would also like to correct something someone else said about if you did 6 million damage then it transfers to 12 million on the boss. This is NOT what we saw last night at all. What we saw is the heart has 1.5 million HP, which is exactly 25% of XT's 6 million HP total health. We did do double damage to the heart when it was exposed, but if you do 1 million damage on heart then it transfers to 1 million less health on XT when he's targettable again.

Definitely get a period of double dps by hitting the heart, but a portion of that is offset by the time you have to take off from XT to control the adds. It's not "free double dps time".

Lore
04-17-2009, 01:53 PM
It's not that you get more adds, you're just not killing them the second they spawn, so they add up.

cld1472
04-18-2009, 12:25 PM
remember all my fellow DKs even if your dps you want to Icebound fortitude during tantrum phase it will reduce the amount of damage you take from tantrum which will help healers expecially if your DK OTing this fight it helps keep you alive thru tantrum with remaining adds on you, also found it helpful to tank the adds ontop of the boss even tho tank dps is weak the adds arent getting hit so agro wont be a factor and your aoes will help down the boss, but at the same time you have to watch all melee for bombs a little more closely if you descide to get in that close

Hargy
04-18-2009, 02:18 PM
If your group is having trouble with the enrage timer what mine found worked (for 10 man, I have no idea if this works on 25 man or not as we haven't tried it yet there) is to, instead of having a MT and OT, simply only have the MT. How we pulled this off was by having an extra hunter that, during the add phase simply turned around and misdirected all of the big adds onto our MT where they were still hit by any occasional AoE. This allowed us to not only have extra dps while XT is active but also once the adds have been misdirected the hunter simply switched to dpsing the heart.

This strategy worked great on the first shot for us, let me know if you have any questions!

Velasius
04-18-2009, 04:05 PM
Great video. Is there any plan to release one for Ignis within the next 5 or so days?

Lorilei
04-18-2009, 05:31 PM
thanks for the vids - i can only comment on the issues we faced in 10 man mode. our setup was:
- healers - shammy, druid, priest
- dps - mage, hunter, feral cat, enh. shammy, ret pally dps
- tanks - druid tank (me) and DK OT

healing is easy throughout, except for the Tantrum (Barkskin ftw!) - but after seeing it a few times the healers knew when to go nuts - druid / shaman were boith a bit frustrated as Chain Heal / Wild Growth didnt hit many targets, as the raid is pretty spread out... they seemed to think priests / pallies are more ideal for this fight... take it for what its worth

the main issue we had was when we focused all our dps on the Heart and shortened the time til his next "Heart" phase, our only real AOE classes (hunter & mages) who we assigned to left / right to handle adds simple got overwhelmed, sracpbots got thru, healed the boss, QQ

i will admit that (without naming names!) our group was a bit weak, and we still had the boss down below 500K life numerous times... enrage timer got us everytime.

the OT was a Unholy DK so we had him tank adds right on top of boss and spread his AOE dmg as far as he could.

the key in this fight (in 10 man) is having good range dps to handle the adds AND be able to get damage on the heart.

Inaoe
04-18-2009, 05:59 PM
For our first kill we assigned one DPS for every corner. But instead of running there immediately when the "heart phase" began they watched their corners, DPSed the heart until actually adds spawned. Maybe this was pure luck, we killed him the second I survived his first hit in berserk with shield wall and pain suppression active.

jd8222
04-19-2009, 10:50 AM
There is an easyer (or fastest) way of killing him. You have to DPS the heart without destroying (it regenerate each time the second phase start) doing so will bring his life way more lower than it was when the second phase started. We have done it and when it turn again in 1 phase again 10 second later he was at 50% and teh second phase started again. Now that bring up the problem of the healing add those can be slowed by some shaman totem, frost nova. and are killed with AOE when we think they begin to be too close of the boss. For the Bomb add we just moved when they were comming and let them go to the boss, our tank just moved the opposite way that they were comming and our melee just move out of there explosing range. And for the other part its in the same as the video the bigger add are being tanked and not killed (our OT said that they dont hurt that much) play smart with the bomb, tank him in the stair and that big robot is gone for the scrapyard.

Gertiploiss
04-19-2009, 02:12 PM
There is an easyer (or fastest) way of killing him. You have to DPS the heart without destroying (it regenerate each time the second phase start) doing so will bring his life way more lower than it was when the second phase started. We have done it and when it turn again in 1 phase again 10 second later he was at 50% and teh second phase started again. Now that bring up the problem of the healing add those can be slowed by some shaman totem, frost nova. and are killed with AOE when we think they begin to be too close of the boss. For the Bomb add we just moved when they were comming and let them go to the boss, our tank just moved the opposite way that they were comming and our melee just move out of there explosing range. And for the other part its in the same as the video the bigger add are being tanked and not killed (our OT said that they dont hurt that much) play smart with the bomb, tank him in the stair and that big robot is gone for the scrapyard.
That stratagey is explained in the addendum vid.

cael
04-19-2009, 09:30 PM
It was mentioned above that 1 tank was used in 10 man.

We used 1 tank for 25 man helped us to be the enrage timer.

Skyborn
04-19-2009, 09:59 PM
Just came here to say that we downed this boss tonight with 1 tank and 3 healers. We were having a very hard time beating teh enrage timer with two tanks. So with 1 tank, pummelers get misdirected to the tank and/or kited within taunt range if misdirect is on CD. We burn the heart as fast as possible until the small adds start spawning. 4 DPS peeled off to burn/control each corner and make sure the small adds didn't make it through.

Took quite a few attempts but eventually we figured out the trickiest part is the add phase after 25%. Seemed to be a ton of small adds spawn after the third heartburn so we had all DPS back off to burn the small adds before swapping back to the boss. We killed him after 5 minutes and 59 seconds and got both achievements.

emillard8
04-19-2009, 10:18 PM
i was just wondering what the 10-man group makeup was?

i noticed 2 priests, think one was Disc, wondering if the other one was Holy or healer as well cause I noticed you guys didn't take near the dmg my raid did during tantrum tonight. Our group was:

2- resto shaman
1- holy priest
2- hunters
1- rogue
1- fury warrior
1- arcane mage
1- afflic lock
1- unholy dk tank

the majority of the raid is geared to the teeth outta Naxx25

with PoH being a 2.7 sec cast time for our priest, they had to time it right to go off right at the beginning of tantrum, then CoH, then PoH again...as one of the resto shamans, since we had the raid spread out i chain healed and lesser healing waved as many as a could but we'd usually lose 1 person each time

i suggested that 10 sec before tantrum we group up, to give the shamans a better use of chain heal...but keeping in mind the person getting a bomb move out, i think that would help during tantrum

also, right after tantrum is seemed our tank took a lot more dmg from XT, is there a reason?

lowest we got him was 25%, then hit the enrage timer...i could go Elemental for more dps, but its seems w/ tantrum healing being a problem thats not a viable route

i'm open for suggestions

kmfk
04-20-2009, 11:22 AM
i was just wondering what the 10-man group makeup was?

My 10man group had a bit of a wipefest the first night we hit XT. We had watched the TS vid before hand to get a strat and still got owned. Second night, we had a few new people, had one pull for them to really see the fight and then two shotted it that night. Things we changed.

First night was 3 healers, an MT and OT and 5 DPS. We got rocked over and over by tantrum and DPS was far too slow. Even on our best attempts it was evident we were still gonna get eaten by the enrage timer.

Second night, we had (to start) an MT and OT, two healers and 6 DPS. But after that first attempt, I actually switched to arms (was MT) and had our DK MT the fight and handle the Pummelers. We had a Resto shammy who popped bloodlust at the start and we burned XT to 75% before the first tantrum, nuked the heart quickly and instructed the dps to only aoe down the scrapbots when they were close.

Alot of people were talking about having a hunter misdirect the pummelers to the tank - but during the heart phase, the boss isnt moving. Our dk just ran around and picked em up and got back to the boss before he reactivated. If you have DBM, its easy to watch. That kept all dps focused on the heart and scrapbots.

The first night I think our dps spent too much time running out to dps those adds. Key was keeping them on the heart until the adds had walked directly into range. I have to give credit to the two healers, who rocked. But this strat is easily do able - I believe we only really saw one tantrum, if not two with this zerg strat and it was pretty trivial.

emillard8
04-20-2009, 12:46 PM
yea i think we're going to do that strat, cept w/ me going elemental and dpsing, and then helping heal light bomb people and healing during tantrum, also think we're going to utilize the grouping strategy to optimize the other resto shamans effective chain healing

just gunna require people to be on their toes if they get the gravity or light bombs on them to get out asap

Molohk
04-20-2009, 04:25 PM

I don't know if everyone is already doing this, but if you tank him between two scrap piles, adds only spawn from the 2 scrap piles on the oposite side of the room.

Mannaroth
04-20-2009, 05:13 PM
I don't know if everyone is already doing this, but if you tank him between two scrap piles, adds only spawn from the 2 scrap piles on the oposite side of the room.

Can anyone confirm this? We tank him on the stairs and get adds from all four piles.

Inaoe
04-20-2009, 05:33 PM
It's random if and where adds spawn. We tank him at the stairs too and got adds from every corner.

Brickwall
04-20-2009, 09:31 PM
we did this on 10s with 2 tanks. I offtanked. We had 5 dps 3 heals and 2 tanks. This is probably not the easiest way to do it from what others are saying.

I (pally) offtanked all the pummelers, and we actually never killed them. Using seal of light and judgement of light, I actually never needed heals until I had 4+ on me (outside tantrum).

We had a druid MT, who sat at the bottom of the stairs. I OT'd the pummelers, but after picking them up I just targeted the boss and DPS'd with everyone else. I personally did 2450 dps, and the 5 DPS classes were 2700-4.5k. We got him down before enrage with time to spare (30 seconds or so). You can't have DPS die early, so if you can 2 heal it, more power to you, but I think 3 healers is the way to go. It may be easier with 1 tank and 6 dps, however.

The heart is the key, particularly the first time it spawned (there seem to be less adds in this phase).. We couldn't get him to 75% before the first tantrum, so I used my divine sacrifice and shield to absorb a bunch of the damage (there were no adds at this point). But after the heart came up we DPS'd it down to 15% or so and then the second heart phase came almost immediately after the first.

In retrospect it would be better to make sure to clean up all the scrapbots before heart phase 2. But, doing a lot of damage to the heart helps a ton.

The tantrums are rough on the healers, but you should be able to get by with only 2-3 tantrums before the kill (ours were before 75%, then between 50-25% and at about 6%)

KerriK73
04-21-2009, 05:03 AM
4. How Hard does he hit?

Many thanks, and nice Vid, Grats on kill.:)

for 25-man
1. 30 seconds
2. 70833.3 (25.5 million / 360 seconds)
3. 5 if they're really really good or your dps isn't. 6 or 7 if your dps is better than your healers
4. about 25k melee hits on a naxx25 geared prot warrior
5. not very hard. 1 - 3 stacks of lifebloom plus raid healing should be plenty for the off-tank

ismak
04-21-2009, 07:02 AM
All enginners on this boss you can use your belt enchant, Personnal Electromagnetic Pulse Generator, on the bots. And you should make your self some Frost grenades they help as well. These kept me alive sense i was the OT. I could kite the pummelers and still get the bombs an or small bots rooted for a bit so the dps could get to them. An if your the dps killing the bots all the better!

Satrina says: Don't quote the whole damn first post. Seriously.

fedorov
04-21-2009, 07:27 AM
So....we are about 6-7% away from comfortably taking him down. We have 6 dps'ers (I am going as boomkin and then spamming regrowth during tantrum phases) that are putting out 2700+ DPS, as well as the DK OT who is DPS'ing from the side of the MT, holding on to the pummelers. I think where we are losing DPS is from herding up the bots. Pummelers I'm not worried about...it's the double waves of bots, some from the same pile, some from another pile.

My question(s) is/are: What strategy are most sucessful groups employing in taking care of the scrap bots and bomb bots, while dps is being put on the heart by as many people possible, and I guess the follow up to that would be: How long is it taking you to kill all the adds?

Pyramus
04-21-2009, 12:18 PM
Has anyone tried putting frost mages on the adds? And can someone explain the little nerf that 3.1.1 added?

My guild has been trying it with 4 people on each side handling adds... resulting in a huge dps loss on the heart. Perhaps with frost mages the adds can be managable with just a mage on each side (popping water elemental each time) and a warlock or boomkin helper?

Gertiploiss
04-21-2009, 04:40 PM
TY for the heartburn strat. Our dps was to low to do otherwise.

Biernot
04-21-2009, 06:37 PM
My question(s) is/are: What strategy are most sucessful groups employing in taking care of the scrap bots and bomb bots, while dps is being put on the heart by as many people possible, and I guess the follow up to that would be: How long is it taking you to kill all the adds?

A very good raid composition ist 2 tank, 3 melee dps, 3 range dps, 2 healers.

Positioning:
Boss in front of the steps (as seen in most videos). Melee in a small hald circle, range and healer in a larger half circle:
(X are the scrap piles)

X T X
R MBM R
M
H H
R

X X
If the melee dps uses the max. hitbox, they don't have to move when they get lightbomb and with gravity bomb, the just step around the edges of the stair. The ranged dps and healers shouldn't have to move at all, even with gravity bomb.

Execution:
They key is to avoid tantrums by burning the 25% health between heart phases in under 1min. Even with good dps, the first 25% can be quite hard, so if you have a shaman, then pop Bloodlust at the beginning. Your raid (including tank) needs to reach at least 25k dps, which translates to at least 4k dps each for the damage dealers.

Now when the heart pops out, all dps continues to burn the heart. After about 15s into the heart phase the ranged look for the coming adds and start to aoe them; one can easily take care of a wave alone. The OT collects the Pummelers and tanks them in the middle behind the raid.

When the hearts goes back in, it's repeat from the beginning. The ranged dps will need a few seconds to finish of the adds, then they can resume on the boss.

Additional notes:
Class choices:
Any ranged class has a sufficient form of aoe to get rid of the scrap bots. The only suboptimal class is the shadow priest because of the annoying targeting mechanic of Mind Sear (you need to target an add in the middle of the wave and this target doesn't take damage).
As OT you best chose a paladin or warrior, because of blocking (one hit from a Pummeler is lower than the block value).
The healers should both be capable of aoe-healing, because in the last 25% you will most likely eat one tantrum.

Melee should only have to move when hit by gravity bomb or when Scrap Bots get too close to the boss.

Try not to burn the heart below 20%. Because there is the danger of either killing the heart (-> Hard Mode) or triggering the next heart phase to soon, while the ranged dps is still taking care of the last spawns.
We had this problem during our kill. Our (melee) dps was so good, that they damaged the heart to about 10% durign the first two phases and in consequence we had to deal with more adds at the same time. This led to not being able to burn the heart in the last phase sufficiently and we had to spend additional time to take care of them. -> Last 25% didn't go down before tantrum.

Havek
04-21-2009, 08:07 PM
now that xt-002's trash packs are back up. How do you handle them. there are 9 adds and they do some pretty wicked raid damage. in addition to the shields and repairs.

Senti
04-22-2009, 12:36 AM
The trash packs must be pulled before engaging XT... most of what I have heard recommends kiting them to the teleporter and graveyard zerging them as they do a rediculous amount of damage. (at least on 25 man) Unfortuneately due to some misinformation in my guild's raid tonight we did not realize they were trash packs until several wipes.

Kazeyonoma
04-22-2009, 02:06 AM
They gave my guild some trouble too. We essentially ran with 3 tanks into this fight.

we had the two tanks split pull the mechanical units (i tanked the 3 on the left, prot pally tanked the 3 on the right). The little repair guys were peeled off of us by our 3rd tank (feral) and was tanked out of LoS (we fought the mechs basically just in front of their location, and the feral took the repairbots back through the doorway we came in from, and around the corner. Just make sure the bots and players stay out of the defense matrix. once the robots are downed, go back and finish up the repair bots.

Molohk
04-22-2009, 08:26 AM

Can anyone confirm this? We tank him on the stairs and get adds from all four piles.

It's random if and where adds spawn. We tank him at the stairs too and got adds from every corner.
It is random, but adds never spawn from a pile that is too close to the boss. By tanking him between two piles you effectively neutralize those 2 piles, so adds will always come from the furthest 2. This is how we've done it both resets, and it has never failed for us.

Dormungus
04-22-2009, 08:42 AM
The initial Tantrum is a little difficult to miss on 10man. The DBM timer for Tantrum was off. I think that the first Tantrum is random. We'd get to 77% have 25 seconds left on the timer and he'd go Tantrum. It was frustrating. We single tanked this with two healers. Finally got lucky with the 1st Tantrum and we got a pass. Our DPS was so good in phase two that he pulled the heart back in and immediatly was at 49%. We started phase two over again. We did not have a shaman for BL. I think with the right DPS setup you can skip all but the phase ones except for the first 25%. Next week it should be a simple one-shot.

Lore
04-22-2009, 08:47 AM
The initial Tantrum is a little difficult to miss on 10man. The DBM timer for Tantrum was off. I think that the first Tantrum is random. We'd get to 77% have 25 seconds left on the timer and he'd go Tantrum. It was frustrating. We single tanked this with two healers. Finally got lucky with the 1st Tantrum and we got a pass. Our DPS was so good in phase two that he pulled the heart back in and immediatly was at 49%. We started phase two over again. We did not have a shaman for BL. I think with the right DPS setup you can skip all but the phase ones except for the first 25%. Next week it should be a simple one-shot.

There was a recent hotfix that changed the tantrum timer a bit, so yes, this is accurate now. If your DPS is high enough to where you're almost killing the heart, you can actually force him into permanent phase 2 status until he's dead now :P

Oddjobb
04-22-2009, 01:12 PM
Worth mentioning this guy has a very strict enrage timer. :)

Is there another kind?

ShadowBumble
04-23-2009, 01:10 AM
Yeah the new implented trash packs are hard we did around 45 minutes to figure them out what will be the best way todo them but after 30 minutes just rushing in and tanking them we came up with something else which resultated in the trash packs dead.

I love them great addition i heared many guild who killed XT-002 already yeah we killed him and 3 i heared that saying didn't last night becuase they couldn't handle the trash :D

ush
04-23-2009, 09:19 AM
Hi, I've been reading and watching these videos for a while now, and figured I'd chime in on the trash before the boss. After many wipes(they hit so hard, and the repair bots...ugh)..we decided to try and train just the repair bots outside into the hallway, and continuing down the hallway with a healer and a tank...(ended up not even needing a healer because they're so slow, they would never catch up to do any damage), and have the rest of the raid work on killing the big guys without interference from the repair bots. Worked like a charm once you get the little guys out there..that part can be a little tricky. Helps to have some hunter(s) for that :) Once that's done we took care of the repair bots one by one..they didnt get very far because of how slow they are.

Steelbones86
04-23-2009, 07:20 PM
i would like to confirm the strat of pulling him to one side, it works beautifully. all the bots spawn from the opposite side of the room and it gives the dps waaaay more time to pick up the scrapbots. we downed him first try with this strat

Futex
04-23-2009, 09:21 PM
Would also like to confirm that that "pull to one side" strat works like a charm, we pulled him to the left side and received no adds from the 2 left scrap piles, we killed him in no time at all and only 1 XM spawned during the fight, i would like to add that this was on 10man and i cant wait to try it in 25 on sunday. WE didnt have much of a problem with the trash one squishy dps died on the left side and the right side gave us no deaths, just make sure to tank the adds out of the bubbles they spawn (seems to heal them) as fast as you can.

Gertiploiss
04-24-2009, 07:54 AM
Since we couldn't do 25 man we split into 2 10 man groups into Ulduar. We skipped Razorscale and went to XT-002. One quick question, why are the Scrapbots always getting to him? Our 2 mages are compitent but they keep walking through the stairs before the heartburn phase is over.

Ray
04-24-2009, 08:10 AM
It is random, but adds never spawn from a pile that is too close to the boss. By tanking him between two piles you effectively neutralize those 2 piles, so adds will always come from the furthest 2. This is how we've done it both resets, and it has never failed for us.

Can anyone confirm this??

On a note, we pretty much 3 shot this week using the heartburn strat again. We did however run into the add issues as we were able to push him pretty much right back into phase 2 with a hero on the heart. We are going to change things up a pick this week and only hero the last heart phase so that we are not overrun by adds. Just make sure your healers help DPS the first heart phase (as well as the OTs). Oh, and for those of you who run with alot of shamans and druids for healing. Use the bunch up strat. For 25 man, use 2 range groups and 1 melee group. This will make your healing much more effective. Just make sure people GTF out of the group if they are the bomb.

BTW, this guy is a complete joke on 10 man now. We rolled with 2 tanks 3 healers and almost killed the heart. He came back at like 45% (going into another phase 2).

BTW Cider, you may want to update the original post as they have made changes and some of the info is wrong.

Steelbones86
04-24-2009, 08:15 AM
its been confirmed on 10 and 25 man, just pull him to the left or right wall and the bots only spawn from the opposite side of the room. just try not to run out of heal range with all that free space to chase the bots :D

Sherog
04-24-2009, 08:55 AM
Has Anyone tried the hard mode? I was wondering about the lightning bomb's adds (life spark). How many adds are spawning? And how about their HP?

We should try that soon but was wondering if anyone has tried it before :)

Thx.

PS : sorry for my english...a bit rusty :p

Dloir
04-26-2009, 08:31 AM
Does anybody know the exact range on the gravity bomb? I had my range set to 15 yards last night and still pulled a few raid members towards me. The first time I thought that maybe I had just been standing within 15 yards but the 2nd time it happened I realized that it was farther than ther 15 yards my rangefinder was set to.

winnetou
04-28-2009, 06:23 AM
Does anybody know the exact range on the gravity bomb? I had my range set to 15 yards last night and still pulled a few raid members towards me. The first time I thought that maybe I had just been standing within 15 yards but the 2nd time it happened I realized that it was farther than ther 15 yards my rangefinder was set to.

Gravity bomb is split into two effects:
Gravity Bomb - Spell - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=63024) set up us the bomb and after those 9 seconds, Gravity Bomb - Spell - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=64233) takes over. The tooltip declares a range of only 10 yards.

Rocklar
04-29-2009, 10:18 AM
Has anyone discovered the time for the new enrage timer in yesterday's hotfix patch? My guild went into Ulduar-10 for the first time planning for the 6 min enrage timer. Wouldn't be a shocker to us when 7m or so into the fight he dies, without enraging! Obviously thats not something to brag about, but it begs the question on how much time they actually upped the timer by. Also, the Pummelers were being killed by our tanks and general AoE during phase 2...they were never alive long when it went back to phase 1, and thats without dedicated DPS on them (which you shouldn't have for this fight in the first place). Overall it was a nice surprise, and I won't complain, but I would like to know for future reference if anyone has discovered the actual timer on enrage now.

Midelus
04-30-2009, 08:17 AM
well, my guild did 2 attempts on him yesterday, our last attempt took over 10 minutes (no enrage) and the tantrum seemed to only last 8 seconds.

This fight is significantly easier than last week.

agranyoch
05-02-2009, 01:04 AM
On our first reset after Ulduar hit the live, we went in with our usual "progression composition" consisting of 2 tanks, 3 healers (shammy, priest and pally) and 5 DPS. We got him down without problems, so three-healer group is certainly possible if you have good DPS to fill out those five spots. We used Bloodlust/Heroism on the first heart phase and Pummeler's were being offtanked for the duration of the fight.

Mandevilla
05-04-2009, 10:21 PM
I love these videos. They have been so helpful in preparation for raids. Thank you so much for making them, and keep up the awesome work! I joined a new guild that are on this boss, and tomorrow I will start healing for them, so I look forward to it, now especially since I see what I am going to be up against. TY!

slackhoid
05-08-2009, 02:59 AM
On our first reset after Ulduar hit the live, we went in with our usual "progression composition" consisting of 2 tanks, 3 healers (shammy, priest and pally) and 5 DPS. We got him down without problems, so three-healer group is certainly possible if you have good DPS to fill out those five spots.

We did 10-man XT002 in pug yesterday with somewhat similar composition. After nerfs IMO 3-healer composition is definately way to go; our dps'ers were quite ok doing around 3-3.6k dps each. Burning BL on first heart meant we got to 2nd heat phase pretty fast.

We used Bloodlust/Heroism on the first heart phase and Pummeler's were being offtanked for the duration of the fight.
After the nerfs the pummellers were actually yesterday dying to my (unholy DK tank with nowhere near BiS gear) AOE/beating. One nice tip I picked somwhere that I used yesterday: when we lost one dps after second heart phase I just picked the adds and went back to beat the boss to help burn him down faster. Especially useful for DK tanks due to quite high dps; I was able to add 2k dps to the boss (so effective replacing 2/3 of dps lost when a dps'er was killed) despite tanking 3 or 4 adds.

seph351
05-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Off topic but was wondering where you guys get you music for the videos

Jakael
05-17-2009, 08:17 PM

I agree. I offtanked this fight and there wer way too many adds during phase 2. When we killed them before the boss they reset, so did we do something wrong in killing them beforehand? or are we supposed to aggro the boss, kill them, then start dps on the boss?

Heladys
05-17-2009, 10:31 PM
I agree. I offtanked this fight and there wer way too many adds during phase 2. When we killed them before the boss they reset, so did we do something wrong in killing them beforehand? or are we supposed to aggro the boss, kill them, then start dps on the boss?

The adds get killed or collected and offtanked depending on type.

Scrapbots = die
Bomb bots = die where they can kill the most scrapbots, but die before they can kill the raid at least
Pummelers = collected and offtanked. Don't waste your dps on them. If enough of them collect to cause you a problem, that just tells you your dps is too low for the fight, or you're wasting your exposed heart phases.

Mannaroth
05-18-2009, 06:53 AM
Pull them round the corner, focus the salvagebots and kill the sawblades. Spread out and win.

truemenCC
05-18-2009, 01:47 PM
Do you guys have any problem tanking this boss?

I was doing 25 last night and it hit me 39000 HP in a sudden..
I am a warrior, any tactics to tank it???

ccagan
05-19-2009, 12:42 PM
Here are my OT tips as a prot paly for the Pummelers:

Tank them next to the boss, and always target XT002 to contribute 2~2.5k dps. As long as you have the Hammer of Righteousness glyph your fine for this (consecrate and holy shield should be enough threat but this helps with dps).

I always make sure to have them in range of the ret pally's Divine Storm, so I am able to "leech" dps from them to kill off the pummelers to ease up on the incoming damage to my self. Make sure your dps stacks on the other side of the boss from you to elemenate the parry threat that the addional mobs bring. So tank in front, melee to back left, and off tank to back right.

If we get lucky and only get 2 pummelers per heart phase the first two die shortly after gathering up the 3rd and 4th. If we get more than two, oh well, they all die in due time.

Pay attention to omen! If your able to stay in place for a good bit, your going to build a TON of threat on XT, dont be afraid to use salvation on your self to keep plenty of headroom on the threat meeter. No way the healers will have generated more global threat than you have on the pummelers, I have never had them drop from me because of salvation based threat decay. For some reason my MT warrior in the guild stays well ahead of everyone on the metter except for me. I catch and pass him with little effort it seems. Thank you Touched by the Light.

mwanecek
05-19-2009, 03:47 PM
Has anyone tried the strategy of stacking on each other except the tank and off tank. This way if someone gets the light bomb or gravity bomb they only have to run a 10 or 15 feet to get away from the rest of the raid?

We did use /range to keep away from each other but were having problems when one of us got one of the bombs we ran into others or if we stayed put a couple of our melee or ranged dps could not find a spot where they could dps and be out of range of each other.

Regards.

Mr.Winkle
05-20-2009, 04:45 AM
Has anyone tried the new 10-man Hardmode in 10-man gear?

Just wondering if it's worth my guild giving this a shot this week. Assuming we run a 1 tank/3 healer setup it looks like we'll need about 16,000 raid DPS each which sounds very reasonable.

My maths:

Time until 1st heart killed = 2 mins
Remaining time until enrage = 8 mins
Boss HP after hard mode enabled = 7.5mil

Thus 7.5mil/8mins = 16k dps

Darksend
05-20-2009, 05:20 AM
you still need DPS on the life sparks (although those have been nerfed by 50% as well)

Lucetia
05-20-2009, 12:26 PM
Here's my question from where I read the patch notes. Is Deconstructor pretty much zergable now by just have the dps stay on him the entire time and have only the OT pick up the pummelers? Just let him recharge with the little bots as they come through and just dps him back down? Or are getting the little guys down still a priority? Also what are people referring to as "life sparks"? I'm assuming those are the little mini guys who give health?

One other question I have is we've used a method for the past few weeks and had no issue until last night. The MT would tank him in the upper right hand corner. During first heart phase BL is popped and everyone stayed on him but made sure the heart didn't die. About midway our mages switched to aoe'ing the back right corner as they were the closest. I picked up the pummelers as usual and helped killed the boom bots to use against the pummelers. When the heart went back in he would be at 51-53% so I had all dps switch to the little bots so they were cleaned up for the next phase. That didn't work.

So next time after first heart phase I had all the dps stay on him but the mages and just activate the second heart phase and then had everyone stop and take out adds. Is there any suggestions anyone would have to this? Because it worked before and now its not. I have the slightest idea on what it might be.

Mr.Winkle
05-21-2009, 05:55 AM
The sparks are additonal adds that spawn when you're attempting hard mode.

The best place to tank him is either ebtween the 2 trash piles on the left or the 2 trash piles on the right. Doing this means adds only spawn from the piles furthest away.

Considering the length of the enrage timer and the fact that the small bots do relatviely low healing then you could probably ignore the bots entirely. Of course you'd still want to take out the pummerlers and bombots.

The best bet is to cocentrate on the heart and only aoe the bots when they're on top of the ranged. A couple of arcane explosions mixed in with some mind sear or seed of corruption should see them off without any problems.

Lucetia
05-21-2009, 08:00 AM
The sparks are additonal adds that spawn when you're attempting hard mode.

Ah that would explain it -- Haven't attempted Hard Mode yet or watched any videos on it. That was my first mistake.

The best place to tank him is either ebtween the 2 trash piles on the left or the 2 trash piles on the right. Doing this means adds only spawn from the piles furthest away.

Hm...so tanking him between two sets of the scraps makes it so both don't spawn? Never knew that. Originally we tanked him at the stairs and had all 4 spawn. Our 10 man generally runs with only one ranged (mage) so it was tricky. I then found a method of tanking him on the pile and only having 3 spawn. Much easier, but can be tricky. Generally we don't put enough dps on it as we have our mage switch to the back behind them midway. We've been lucky and had two mages lately. Might try the midway spot so only two spawn.

Considering the length of the enrage timer and the fact that the small bots do relatviely low healing then you could probably ignore the bots entirely. Of course you'd still want to take out the pummerlers and bombots.

The best bet is to cocentrate on the heart and only aoe the bots when they're on top of the ranged. A couple of arcane explosions mixed in with some mind sear or seed of corruption should see them off without any problems.

From what I've noticed when people start dying at the end due to a light bomb on them and then tantrum going off and being out of range. That if everyone dps' the boss and the bombs feed him generally he gains 1 or 2% but its burned right back off. Now I've also heard it can be a good idea to kill the boombot at his feet so he takes damage from it to? Never tried it that way, but who knows.

Will have to give a couple different looks at it tonight and see what we can come up.

Mannaroth
05-25-2009, 06:11 AM
Has anyone tried the new 10-man Hardmode in 10-man gear?

Just wondering if it's worth my guild giving this a shot this week. Assuming we run a 1 tank/3 healer setup it looks like we'll need about 16,000 raid DPS each which sounds very reasonable.

My maths:

Time until 1st heart killed = 2 mins
Remaining time until enrage = 8 mins
Boss HP after hard mode enabled = 7.5mil

Thus 7.5mil/8mins = 16k dps

After having done this on my priest alt, I can say that its very manageable. You will however want to run with two tanks in my opinion - the life sparks need to be tanked (They hit clothies for around 10k) and it can be a real pain to get your MT running around with XT following him. Life Sparks spawn every 15-20 seconds on 10 man. We just had our ranged DPS all focus them down.

It's not particularly difficult to heal either, but the damage is VERY spikey (all the gravity bombs and light bombs are doing 15% more damage, same with titanic tantrum, and with a life spark up it can be some pretty heavy burst, not to mention that Void Zones spawn directly underneath people that have Gravity Bomb). It makes things a lot easier to have a disc priest in the raid to put shields on the entire group just before the tantrum hits, and then throw a penance on the person with Light or Gravity Bomb.

DPS really wasn't difficult either. You don't have the heart phases any more but you can pretty much just stand still and nuke him for the entire fight duration (switching to burn the sparks obviously), but it becomes a lot more of a patchwerk-style fight really, at least for DPS.

Darksend
05-25-2009, 02:09 PM
You do not need 2 tanks for xt 10 man hard mode. Especially if you have a hunter. With 2 ranged DPS killing sparks they will die in the duration of a taunt.

You simply need 2 designated spots 1 for melee 1 for ranged where they drop sparks so that it is always in range of taunt.

Xxnerdkiller
05-27-2009, 09:30 AM
hey guys, one strat to do this guy, not sure if its on the site, is to take him to the left or right and MT him between the 2 scrap piles. what this does is force the adds to have to come from the other side of the room and is so much easier to control them and dps them down. Just something my guild uses and works very well. Cider, feel free to try it out and put a strat on your page =P

Kerchunk
05-27-2009, 10:40 AM
hey guys, one strat to do this guy, not sure if its on the site, is to take him to the left or right and MT him between the 2 scrap piles. what this does is force the adds to have to come from the other side of the room and is so much easier to control them and dps them down. Just something my guild uses and works very well. Cider, feel free to try it out and put a strat on your page =P

Umm, what about all the adds that come from the side of the room the boss is on? Seems like the scrap bots would practically be on top of the boss when they spawn, unless I'm missing something about your strategy.

Gehn
05-27-2009, 11:07 AM
Umm, what about all the adds that come from the side of the room the boss is on? Seems like the scrap bots would practically be on top of the boss when they spawn, unless I'm missing something about your strategy.

Our guild moves to the left and tanks in between the piles. No adds come from either pile when directly in the center.

Must be something to do w/ his proximity to a pile precluding the adds from spawning.

Casz
05-28-2009, 11:40 PM
My guild does the same.

agranyoch
05-31-2009, 11:11 AM
I can confirm the fact that if you tank him on the right (or probably the left side too) side of the room when you walk in, between the two scrap piles, you will only get adds from the piles in the far side of the room. This has both been tested in more than once both in 10 and 25-man, and we never got adds except from those two far-side corners. This positioning makes controlling the adds really easy and you can spend a whole lot more time on nuking the heart before you need to switch to clearing the bomb- and scrapbots.

Samerr
06-01-2009, 12:44 AM
Any information out yet on XT 002's hard mode abilities? I know you guys got some new footage coming soon, but im hoping to try hard mode with my 10 man on tuesday night and dont really want to go in blind.

Tarigar
06-18-2009, 12:32 AM
Any information out yet on XT 002's hard mode abilities? I know you guys got some new footage coming soon, but im hoping to try hard mode with my 10 man on tuesday night and dont really want to go in blind.

We did this tonight. Gravity Bombs create void zones and Light bombs create sparks which need to be killed. We got him down in 4 attempts. He isn't bad.

junkilo
06-18-2009, 12:25 PM
this has been mentioned several times already in this thread and is the best place to position him.

Maros_vek
06-18-2009, 01:38 PM
It is definitly true that if you tank him between 2 scrap piles against one of the side walls, you will only get adds from the far 2 scrap piles. Works both in 25 and in 10. Have run both 10 and 25 that way 3 or 4 times, and have yet to see an add from the 2 piles we are in between. Also makes it easier to line up the raid in a straight line behind him, gravity bombs run out of the line right, the other bomb runs out left. Easy peasy.

Ravecreatorr
06-23-2009, 02:18 AM
It is definitly true that if you tank him between 2 scrap piles against one of the side walls, you will only get adds from the far 2 scrap piles. Works both in 25 and in 10. Have run both 10 and 25 that way 3 or 4 times, and have yet to see an add from the 2 piles we are in between. Also makes it easier to line up the raid in a straight line behind him, gravity bombs run out of the line right, the other bomb runs out left. Easy peasy.

This is indd the easiest way to do it.
Hard mode, didnt tried it before, but i heared it aint that hard on this boss.
Still puging most as i just made a guild to progress more in ulduar.
Still killed 6 bosses with pug and almost the 7th, wich aint bad.
Ulduar is getting easier if you have all people naxx 25/EoE25 geared. it will be smoot and a fun raid to do :)

Cookie
06-23-2009, 08:49 AM
This is indd the easiest way to do it.
Hard mode, didnt tried it before, but i heared it aint that hard on this boss.
Still puging most as i just made a guild to progress more in ulduar.
Still killed 6 bosses with pug and almost the 7th, wich aint bad.
Ulduar is getting easier if you have all people naxx 25/EoE25 geared. it will be smoot and a fun raid to do :)
This wasn't always true.

After the first hotfixes, it was impossible and no one managed to kill it.
After the first nerf it was doable but tough and required co-ordination.
Right now though, it's very easy, on par with or even easier than Thorim and Hodir hard modes.

Ronninn
08-04-2009, 09:50 PM
Has anyone noticed that with the patch they fixed this fight so that you can't tank XT to the side to only get 2 piles of adds?

If also seems like there are a ton more bombs as well, and it really caught us off guard. Took like 5 attempts to reajust our strategy.

Tankueray
08-04-2009, 10:16 PM
Don't get your raid adjusted to cheesing a boss, simple as that. That was an obvious bug and really should not have been used by any one.

Ronninn
08-05-2009, 08:28 AM
Don't get your raid adjusted to cheesing a boss, simple as that. That was an obvious bug and really should not have been used by any one.

I wasn't sure that was unintended functionality. I was just surprised they listed all these changes for Yogg, but there was no mention of this change. It'll sure make burning the heart to start hard mode tougher since all the ranged are dealing with what seems like 4 times the bombs.

Gabageman
09-06-2009, 06:46 AM
Is there a new link to a video where he is tanked on the side?

deathdaddy
09-10-2009, 04:31 PM
Hi Guys

we are goign back in again tonight on 10 man after a few week break. Is he still bugged ?? do a shit load of adds still come.

The last time we did it, we ended up tanking him in the middle, as the left and right tank between the piles didnt stop adds from coming out of the nearest scrap piles.

DD

Kazeyonoma
09-10-2009, 04:34 PM
the adds seem to be fixed DD but you do need to tank him somewhere safer now cuz you can't bug out the piles like before.

jimc99999
10-11-2009, 08:31 AM

I'm not sure why you think this was "an obvious bug" and "cheesing" the boss. The fact that adds don't come from a pile that the boss happens to be near means there is a proximity check that someone had to code. The only "bug" was apparently that the proximity check was checking for too large a distance and so you could shut down two scrap heaps, however we cannot know that is a bug until Blizzard changes it.

You can now tank XT close to one scrap heap and no adds will spawn from that one. Of course, this info is only useful if you don't mind "cheesing" the boss with "an obvious bug".