PDA

View Full Version : Venn Diagram for WoW Classes…

Krumgork
04-14-2009, 01:55 PM
If anyone out there is good with graphics programs, I think it'd be fun to see a venn diagram regarding all of the WoW classes. You could have four hemispheres: melee, ranged, magic, physical. Then put all of the classes' bubbles in their respective hemispheres proportionately.

I.e., paladin would be about 90% in melee and about 85% in magic, imo.

If there is a more scientific way to determine a percentage of each class' bubble in each hemisphere, that would be very helpful.

AxLxExX
04-14-2009, 01:59 PM
Well there is no "scientific" way, but to me, I saw a couple things about this idea that trouble me.

1.) how can a paladin consist of 175%
2.) isn't melee and physical the same deal?
3.) Where would death knights be? They do not use magic, because they do not use mana. However, they use runes, which are....something?

I think it would be a cool project, but it would need hard rules defined early, so as not to have any problems.

Kers
04-14-2009, 01:59 PM
what?

AxLxExX
04-14-2009, 02:02 PM
what?

He wants to make a graphical diagram of what each class in the game does. What classes are unique in some ways and the same as others, in some ways.

Kers
04-14-2009, 02:05 PM
too complicated, i.e.:: Shaman - Magical or Melee?? Pally - Mana or cold steel?? Not to mention the given choices of the DK...... who knows what they are....

If you really want a venn diagram, i can draw it up for you with my crayons. Want me to?

AxLxExX
04-14-2009, 02:09 PM
too complicated, i.e.:: Shaman - Magical or Melee?? Pally - Mana or cold steel?? Not to mention the given choices of the DK...... who knows what they are....

If you really want a venn diagram, i can draw it up for you with my crayons. Want me to?

So not to start a flame war, but why are you talking down to someone who posted something they thought'd be cool.
If you don't have anything positive to say about his idea how about you lay off. He didn't start the thread to be made fun of.

Murdog
04-14-2009, 02:11 PM
1.) how can a paladin consist of 175%
2.) isn't melee and physical the same deal?
3.) Where would death knights be? They do not use magic, because they do not use mana. However, they use runes, which are....something?

I think it would be a cool project, but it would need hard rules defined early, so as not to have any problems.

1) He wasn't saying paladins are this they were the sample, and its Melee-Range out of 100% (Melee 90% and Range 10%) Where physical and Magic fall under there own 100%

2) No Melee is in your face dmg thats done as compared to Ranged from afar. And physical are whats it is...physical where magic is well magic.

3) Im sure there disease's fall under a magic catagory but they do have some physical dmg done as well.

These diagrams exsit and the rules are already around so the only thing that owuld be an issue is what ppls perception of how much of each section a class does which can be tuned as time goes on.

Murdog
04-14-2009, 02:12 PM
And you can then Break it down even farther as to what spec does what and not group each spec into a single entity (Outside of healing of coarse)

Krumgork
04-14-2009, 07:05 PM
1) He wasn't saying paladins are this they were the sample, and its Melee-Range out of 100% (Melee 90% and Range 10%) Where physical and Magic fall under there own 100%

2) No Melee is in your face dmg thats done as compared to Ranged from afar. And physical are whats it is...physical where magic is well magic.

3) Im sure there disease's fall under a magic catagory but they do have some physical dmg done as well.

These diagrams exsit and the rules are already around so the only thing that owuld be an issue is what ppls perception of how much of each section a class does which can be tuned as time goes on.

Thanks for helping me explain it better, Murdog. I guess with a 3D venn we could put the class roles. I think that'd be pretty interesting.