PDA

View Full Version : feel like under geared...(need suggestions)

Dragonslash
04-14-2009, 04:48 AM
First of all i had like a 3 month break since WoTLK so now im in dire need of tanking assistance and preparing for 3.1 so i need to know what items i should take off and what i should get....
this is my armory--->
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Spirestone&n=Dragonslash)

-i already have t7.5 chest and hands tell me whats better
-and i have a greaves of turbulence
-im still working on my shoulders
-and i have a royal crest of lordearon (shield)
-and please dont comment on enchants anymore im gonna take care of it.
-and gonna replace the parry gem to a dodge when i log back on.

i've tanked NAXX, sarth not maly yet...our guild sched is still quiet a mess so we couldnt actually get to KT and even if i pug it, the group cant get it done...

-also comment if my talents are ok...thank you... :)

Kazeyonoma
04-14-2009, 10:21 AM
Wrong forum.

Read Rules.

Moved.

Zavos
04-14-2009, 01:17 PM
Sorry I'm not able to help as much as I'd like because wowarmory.com never works for me, and many others.

Try using WoW Heroes - World of Warcraft PvE character info & ratings (http://www.wow-heroes.com) to link your gear, which you can do by clicking the "direct link" button at the top of the character page and then copy+paste that link.

However even without looking, I suggest you keep all your 25 man gear that you collect, at least to a certain point. Many pieces are itemized differently, and that means you can have a variety of sets for different situations.

The short answer is, use all the pieces.

If you're looking to gear up for 3.1, gather and keep whatever you can because some fights in there, for example Kologarn, have big slow hitters where having more armor and health will be more important, and you can see that different pieces give that over others.

Use pieces with hit/expertise/shield block value for threat.
Use pieces with high stamina/extra armor for slow hitters.
Use pieces with high shield block rating/value for fast hitters.
Use pieces with avoidance where there is room for less threat, but high damage.

Of course, I'm also over-complicating this a bit. Ulduar should pose a challenge for a wider array of players, and these are just things that I keep in mind when deciding what to sway in and out.