PDA

View Full Version : Is It Possible to Solo BWL?

Krumgork
04-13-2009, 10:44 AM
So, I know it's practically impossible considering how difficult it is but that's not my concern right now.

Are there any physical limitations (summons that require 3 people, boss mechanics requiring more than one character) that would keep someone from doing this? I've never even been into BWL so I have no idea what's in there.

Aethraen
04-13-2009, 11:00 AM
Need a minimum of 3 for the first boss
One to MC the boss to destroy the eggs, a healer, and someone to kill all the incoming adds.

You couldn't 3-man Vael at 70, not sure about 80 I have yet to go back there

Squashed
04-13-2009, 11:56 AM
3-manning Vael would be more of a mechanic limitation due to the time duration and how long burning adrenaline lasts for and how it automagically kills you at the end.

Chromaggus would also be impossible because you would not be able to dodge any breaths.

I think if you had an extremely good kiter, who could self heal....say a DK or druid, it may be possible to 2-man Razorgore...but I doubt it. BWL is a much more technical dungeon than MC, bring a friend(s)

Lucinam
04-24-2009, 07:39 AM
Take it from me it won't be possible. My guild has been doing fun runs through old stuff that we never got to see and you could somewhat call our runs through BWL "progression". That place is awesome and I can't imagine going through there at 60...sigh, I wish I would've played then.

Anyway yeah, we're taking ~7 in each week. First week we went to Firemaw and couldn't get past him for some reason. 2nd week we steam past Firemaw and we're now stuck on Nefarian, currently farming Onyxia scales for our cloaks as we quickly realized it's not possible without them haha.

Mierzei
04-24-2009, 10:20 AM
actualy it is possible to do nefarian with no people with cloak, the trick is to hide behind throne IMMEDIATELY when he lands, throne somehow blocks this debuff, from this moment only tank should be getting debuffs that should be healable on one person.

Panzerdin
04-28-2009, 12:30 PM
I think the short answer here is that Vael, Razorgore and possibly Chromaggus are technically impossible.

Endboss
04-30-2009, 07:24 AM
I think if you had an extremely good kiter, who could self heal....say a DK or druid, it may be possible to 2-man Razorgore...but I doubt it. BWL is a much more technical dungeon than MC, bring a friend(s)

Razor can be 2 manned with the correct setup and good kiting skills.

Ive done it several times for kicks on my main (Holy Paladin) with a Mage controlling Razorgore. Just have to kite everything shock the hell out of yourself/keep sacred shield up until your partner is done cracking eggs. There are moments where your razor controller can take a few seconds of agro/attacks from him, but just get creative with it and its not an issue. It's fairly easy to do once you get the hang of it.

I'm pretty sure Its been done with a Prot Paladin/Holy Priest setup as well.

Retral
06-07-2009, 05:16 PM
actualy it is possible to do nefarian with no people with cloak, the trick is to hide behind throne IMMEDIATELY when he lands, throne somehow blocks this debuff, from this moment only tank should be getting debuffs that should be healable on one person.

It seems very random, me and my buddy booked it for the throne but still got hit by his flame.

Mierzei
06-08-2009, 09:48 AM
Well, propably you standed at wrong spot, what i mean is that small space between throne and wall behind it, always worked for me and other ppl.

Cookie
06-12-2009, 04:11 PM
Need a minimum of 3 for the first boss
One to MC the boss to destroy the eggs, a healer, and someone to kill all the incoming adds.

You couldn't 3-man Vael at 70, not sure about 80 I have yet to go back there
I've 2-manned the first boss in BWL, you don't need 3. But I'm pretty sure you can't solo it.

We tried to do Vael after that, but couldn't because we couldn't kill him within Adrenaline.

It seems very random, me and my buddy booked it for the throne but still got hit by his flame.
Either they fixed it or you did it wrong, the throne tactic was used by some guilds at 60.

Bilistein
09-23-2009, 07:56 AM
As far as I am aware they have fixed the hiding behind the throne now. However it is definatly doable without cloaks - i can say that from personal experience.

I have 3 manned Razor and 4 manned Vael and I am not sure it could be done with less maybe 3 if you have a well geared group but you have to get lucky with who gets adrenaline if you are doing it with less.

After doing Vael we proceeded with only 2 a prot wariror and resto shammy and got to the dragons cant remember their names - killed the first one and got bored so didnt try anymore but I dont think wwe would have had any issues until Nefarion and I could have probably soloed from Vael as a prot Warrior.

Reev
09-23-2009, 08:29 AM
I did the behind the throne trick last week on my priest with no cloak. We were fine, and none of us had cloaks.

Acuba
10-11-2009, 09:09 AM
Found a video a while back of a paladin soloing some bosses from bwl. It's probally doable for a dk and druid as well.

Kurushimi Solos Blackwing Lair 6/8 Bosses

Bilistein
12-04-2009, 09:37 AM
I actually managed to 2 man the first boss in BWL the other night. I am a prot Warrior and a resto shammy. I went with my normal tanking spec and block gear. They did the egg destroying and i tanked/killed all the adds. It got a little hairy a couple of times and had to use my fear to save the attempt when the shammy was on about 5% with mobs hitting them. We then got a DK in and 3 manned the second boss but only just using all buffs we could get our hands on - drums flasks etc

tuffmuffin
12-04-2009, 06:01 PM
I actually managed to 2 man the first boss in BWL the other night. [/snip] We then got a DK in and 3 manned the second boss but only just using all buffs we could get our hands on - drums flasks etc
When Aethraen stated you needed 3 for Razorgore, she hadn't been in BWL at 80, and it was April so most people weren't fantastically geared yet. It could be two-manned back then, if executed properly, as was mentioned around May (Reaffirmed in June). It's much easier to two-man him now than it was back then just from gear standards.

Either way, you still need at least 3 for Vael (4 to be safe) so it seems silly not to bring at least 3 in the first place to make Razorgore a complete joke.

Penter
12-05-2009, 02:46 PM
You need 2 tanks minimum for the second boss.

uglybbtoo
12-06-2009, 07:43 PM

Must be a while since you have done it. It's been scaled back to level now you don't even bother moving it doesn't even hurt. You could easily solo him the problem as has been noted is the first boss need 3.

Bubbledin
01-12-2010, 09:16 PM
First two bosses cannot be soloed. Need atleast 2 on first. 3-4 second because of burning adrenaline 1 shotting you.

But as a prot pally, I soloed the rest of the bosses.
Broodlord = tank and spank
Firemaw = Stack some fire res gear
2 other dragons = Stay on a wall and put your avoidance gear.

Chromaggus was hard, needed constant cleansing, took 32mins but did it.
But don't even try to dispel the fire stacking debuff... adds 15 stacks every few secs.

Nefarian is also very easy to solo.

Liongale
01-15-2010, 12:28 PM
A rogue and I, decked out in the latest raid gear, 2 manned Vael- though we both died from the debuff at the end still, and it was very close. The egg encounter at the beginning we couldn't do without 3 people though. It was still a bit fustrating, and when we had gone back later with 5 people, we completely mopped the floor with the place.

To summarize: due to logistics, you cannot solo BWL. At least not the first bits.

(edit: Also tried soloing Chromaggus before, before I could beat him he despawned?! I dunno if he has some sort of despawn timer if you fight him too long.)

Mahnannon
01-18-2010, 12:16 PM
Well take it from me, i raided back then and was really hard as level 60s raiding there. Now 3 manning some at 70 was possible (ONLY SOME) but it is impossible to solo it... theres just too many mechanics you cant fight as one person

Djtk
01-19-2010, 03:37 AM
Me and a few other people did all of BWL. I think it was around 5-7 people. Anyways, at Nefarian, none of us hid when he cast Shadowflame. The damage from Shadowflame as a lvl 80 geared person is negleable really. It's not anywhere near as dangerous as it used to be at lvl 60. That and AMS negates it completely :P.

Shiro
09-27-2010, 11:43 PM
As a ToC / ICC geared Protection Paladin I've managed to solo every boss in BWL except for the first two, I bring a Resto / Feral Druid for these.
For Razorgore (2-Man) I simply tank the room while my Druid friend destroys all the eggs
For Vael (2-Man) I spec Ret, the Druid specs Feral and we burn, if I get the Adrenaline, I die, get a battle rez and keep going. If the Druid gets Adrenaline we run out of BWL and I rez him, or simply DI. Its basically just RNG.
The only other real challenge is Chromaggus, if he has Time Lapse it's almost impossible to beat him in the conventional way. But if do it correctly you can now LoS it by positioning him in the doorway between Flamegor and Chrommy, and then moving behind the wall when he does a breath.

Liquidska
09-29-2010, 03:23 PM
As a Feral Druid Tank and Frost DPS DK, my friend and I two man BWL every week to a pretty large profit. For about a half hour to fourty five minute run, we net about 500 gold each. Plus the elementium for the various legendarys we make. I hold a Hand of Rag, He holds a Thunderfury, we both hold a Scepter of the Shifting Sands.