PDA

View Full Version : Prot Warrior Checkup

Merithak
04-12-2009, 08:27 AM
Hey guys looking for some advice here. I have been a prot warrior for over 3yrs and I am doing awsome right now except for maly. Seems that my current HP standing is just not enough to take some of the spike hits like a deepbreath/cleave combo. I am not struggling on threat and my mitigation seems fine. What kind of suggestions do you guys have. Need a outside oppinion.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightninghoof&n=Merithak)

Myko
04-12-2009, 10:49 AM
The armor meta gem should offer substantially more protection against Malygos' physical damage than the block value meta.

Talanato
04-12-2009, 12:53 PM
Since the hp is a problem I have a couple of tips to bring up your EH and make it much easier on your healers as a result. You have plenty of def (17 over the cap) so shaving points off of that in favor of other stats would help you significantly. My tips are to:
1.remove the def gem from the belt and replace with stam/expertise/hit whichever you would like. Once you're over the defense cap you shouldn't gem for def. as you are not having threat problems and damage spikes are what is doing you in i would reccomend stam but its all personal preference
2.As Myko said switch out the meta gem. the +32 Stam/Armor one would really help in mitigation as well as bringing up your total health
3. also consider re enchanting your chest with the +275 health ench to replace the +def
4. Trinket wise try to get Essence of Gossamer - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37220). this is a fantastic tanking trinket that will add 1100hp to your health.

hopefully these tips were helpful, good luck!

Merithak
04-12-2009, 01:13 PM
Ok I just swapped to my essence of the gossamer and swapped out the meta I will take a look into swaping some other gems and enchants.

Merithak
04-12-2009, 07:38 PM
Ok just made some changes and my armory is updated still open for tips. I think I am sitting pritty good now. As far as hit/expertise goes I think I am pritty good can't really get it higher without more 25 man naxx gear.

Arkunsun
04-13-2009, 07:13 AM
The only other thing you could do as far as I can see to squeeze a bit more out of your gear is continue to build your Sons of Hodir rep and get the next level of enchant for your shoulders for a bit more avoidance. Other than that you're stuck trying for 25 man gear for any real upgrades I think.

Merithak
04-13-2009, 12:23 PM
Thank you for all the tips. Getting closer on sons of hodir exhaulted. Takes time tho.

Omok
04-13-2009, 11:50 PM
As far as Malygos is concerned, forget avoidance exists. Gear for health and offensive stats. Only two things that matter on that fight for the most part. Will give you more bang for your buck than avoidance will.