PDA

View Full Version : Should guild EP/GP be reset for upcoming content?

Ronie504
04-11-2009, 12:51 PM
My guild (Outkasts) had severe problems with our raiders and loot distribuation. We experimented with free roll, loot council, until we finally ended up using Effort Points/Gear Points (EP/GP). We've run the system sucessfully for two months now, and the drama has dramatically decreased. However, with uludar coming out, should we reset the ep/gp to make it fair for newer recruits or keep it as it is.

The way it is now, you recieve 100 EP for being present for every boss kill in a 25 man nax, and preset for 25 maly/OS. Also 10 ep/10 min. Donations to the gbank also help increase EP, but there are quotas and limits on that so its not abused. Every piece of gear you get ranges from 500-650 GP, and when two people want something we divide their EP/GP and use that ratio for who wins gear.

Some of our veteran members, who spent weeks raiding, have ratios such as 15,000/2000 whereas new members(Some carried in 2-3 weeks) have ratios such as 6,000/6500 etc. Any suggestions on what the fairest thing would be to do? It would be greatly appreciate

Kyultu
04-11-2009, 02:55 PM
Are you using a weekly decay? if so, what percentage are you using?

We run EP/GP as well, but our numbers a significantly different from yours so I'll avoid bringing the up. We've decided that entering the new content however we are using a large decay of about 60-75%. This maintains the current priorities while emphasizing participation in progression content and giving the newer members a quicker chance at gear.

phaze
04-11-2009, 05:00 PM
We've run the system sucessfully for two months now, and the drama has dramatically decreased. However, with uludar coming out, should we reset the ep/gp to make it fair for newer recruits or keep it as it is.

If the current system is what fixed guild drama for you, I'd stick with it and just continue it forward for Ulduar. As long as you're using a reasonable decay, it'll even out quickly no matter what you do.

Axxiom
04-12-2009, 02:08 AM
My guild (Outkasts) had severe problems with our raiders and loot distribuation. We experimented with free roll, loot council, until we finally ended up using Effort Points/Gear Points (EP/GP). We've run the system sucessfully for two months now, and the drama has dramatically decreased. However, with uludar coming out, should we reset the ep/gp to make it fair for newer recruits or keep it as it is.

The way it is now, you recieve 100 EP for being present for every boss kill in a 25 man nax, and preset for 25 maly/OS. Also 10 ep/10 min. Donations to the gbank also help increase EP, but there are quotas and limits on that so its not abused. Every piece of gear you get ranges from 500-650 GP, and when two people want something we divide their EP/GP and use that ratio for who wins gear.

Some of our veteran members, who spent weeks raiding, have ratios such as 15,000/2000 whereas new members(Some carried in 2-3 weeks) have ratios such as 6,000/6500 etc. Any suggestions on what the fairest thing would be to do? It would be greatly appreciate

i saw valid arguments both for and against the reset. i discussed it with my officers, and we decided to put it to a vote among the members. a landslide voted to reset the EP/GP.

ultimately, i think this will be for the best. no members are going to pass on upgrades (which would in fact help us with our ulduar progression) so that they can save their PR for ulduar loot.

if you're a serious progression guild, you're going to be spending the majority of your time focusing on the new content. it makes sense for your loot system to correspond to the content from which it is distributing loot.

Ronie504
04-12-2009, 06:46 PM
[quote=Axxiom;207283]i saw valid arguments both for and against the reset. i discussed it with my officers, and we decided to put it to a vote among the members. a landslide voted to reset the EP/GP.

I see your point there, but our guild is severely split on the issue. Roughly 15 members have been there since we first walked into 10 nax, to the point where it all became farmed content. The rest are fairly new, barely past a month if that, and it was to the point where they just got handed the gear due to the fact that no one really needed it anymore. So of course they want a reset, but the veterans believe its unfair

From reading the replies though, i think we should start incorportating a decay rate first rather than a complete reset. What do you guys think we should do for a normal week, not the mass decay for patch release date? 10-15%?

Warwench
04-12-2009, 06:52 PM
i know we will be resetting it.

You should already be doing decay. Also make sure you have a plan ofr "offspec" items with the 2 spec stuff. Personally i think there is no offspec anymore, you could be asked to play your alt spec at anytime, therefore you need the gear... but my guild has 2 tiers of GP costs, one for main, one for offspec. Personlly i dont agree with it but it seems to work ok.

Satrina
04-12-2009, 07:38 PM
If you're using decay there is no real reason to do a reset

Smokeater
04-12-2009, 08:10 PM
We reset with a % carry over.

This maintains the standings and keeps the bottom (new) people from being intimidated from staring at seemingly insurmountable DKP/ EP/GP points.

We did it each time new content/Tier set was released and we dont get much drama at all over it.

If your raid team is set and you are not bringing up any new people I don't see a reason though.

Stikyhooves
04-12-2009, 09:08 PM
We use a top cap.

This way new recruits are only "x" weeks of solid raiding away from being top capped. This allows older members to maintain some weight, without making them unappeasable by hard working new folks.

We also use a bottom cap. So you can go "y" amount of negative. After that you can still get gear, but it's sorta "charity" gear. This way you don't sink so far in the hole that you can't get out. It also offers good balance when you have an influx of new recruits.

Molloy
04-14-2009, 03:30 AM
We're using a fresh tier of Karma (basically, dkp weighted rolls) Everyone gets to keep their T7 karma (for now, we might just go open rolls soon there also) but T8 is going to be fresh, no matter your old dkp balance.

hellion
04-15-2009, 04:40 PM
We ultimately decided to reset EP/GP. I honestly thought that the guild would vote to keep it, however they voted to wipe. I am guessing because they saw my side of things in regards to people hording absolutely easy Naxx EP to purchase items in Ulduar. Not to mention that all guilds are having issues with people showing lately, so this would help insure that people show for raids if they have to rebuild their points.

Hellion
The Angry Guild Leader (http://www.angryguildleader.com)
The New Tailor Made Servers: Dedicated Servers Done Right. For You. (http://www.wyrmrestaccord.com)