PDA

View Full Version : Ouch - Talent Damage reduction and gear checkup

Talanato
04-11-2009, 10:56 AM
So I have personally never had trouble with OS10 or Maly10 before. Last night i was trying out the deep wounds spec that has become so popular and i had it more or less cookie cutter set up with shield specialization at 2/5 and focused rage at 3/3. No real threat problems or anything like that, but i was taking disgusting amounts of damage, which made absolutely no sense to me (we full cleared naxx10 with no problems on this spec).

I respecced and took the points out of focused rage to bring shield specialization up to 5/5 and the damage problems disappeared. I'd never had this problem before, and really like the 3/3 focused rage talent so i'm looking for maybe some other ways to shift around talent points to keep the shield specialiazation at 5/5 but also use focused rage to reduce rage costs. Just so you know, I MT 10 man raids and alternate MT/OT with a pally in naxx25. Any tips you guys could give me would be helpful.

WOW Armory: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Talanato)

Also any tips on my gear/stats would be helpful as well (I kno some problems like low expertise and hit as well as needing to raise my blacksmithing).

Thanks a lot!

Tatt
04-11-2009, 11:02 AM
Without even looking at your armory are you sure the first attempt the raid was keeping the sparks away from Maly? 3% block rating should not make or break a fight like that. Same with Sarth....blocking an extra 3 out of 100 attacks should not be the difference between a win or loss.

Looking at your armory you make a few personal decisions that I chose to go in a different direction, but again nothing that should make or break you in those fights.

Talanato
04-11-2009, 12:01 PM
it might have been our group makeup ( a preist, shaman and pally heals) and some problems our DK had with the sparks (he'd never done it before) but i noticed i was taking repeated 7k hits when he'd land right after vortex. For the most part he never got sparks and i didn't die the two times he did. I don't know if the after vortex damage I was taking had to do with just bad luck or what.

In OS10 sarth was not the problem. The problem arose on trash mobs. But again, healer composition may have been to blame. We had 2 shamans and a Pally healer in OS.

Any tips on talent tree composition would be helpful.