PDA

View Full Version : Prot Warrior checkup

Valasca
04-11-2009, 09:37 AM
Hello TankSpot community,

I'll start with some background information, I'm the MT in a guild that has everything on farm and have pretty much access to everything (if it drops :rolleyes:). The DPS is our guild is pretty sick so I need to be around 6-7k continuously if I want to maintain aggro.

My problem is that my threat seems really spiky and entirely dependant on my shield slam crits/hits. Now, I know that my expertise is really low (22) but Malygos just doesn't like me. Do you guys suggest gemming for expertise and dumping some stam (I know my healthpool is extreme.) ?

The items I'm missing (Helm of Vital Prot, Bracers of the Unholy Knight, Last Laugh and then Malygos' items) just refuse to drop for me so gear upgrades don't need to be given, I'm just wondering if I should stack some other stats while waiting for those gear upgrades and with Ulduar in sight.

ARMORY: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Vek%27nilash&n=Valasca)

Best regards,

Valasca

squats
04-11-2009, 09:55 AM
the only threat stat you are lacking is expertise. judging by your health, you can get rid of some of the stam gems to get more expertise. but the upgrades you listed would be the best thing you can do. a WWS parse would help see if there is anything wrong in your priorety list too. if you have one post it for us

Valasca
04-11-2009, 10:06 AM
Don't have one yet, but basicly all I do is Shield Slam when it's up -> Revenge (with a queue'd HS) and then Shockwave/Conc if it's up else revenge. With the addition of HS spam when I have sufficient rage.

squats
04-11-2009, 10:26 AM
your priority list is fine then. the only thing i would suggest is to put concussion blow ahead of shockwave. as long as you are useing every GCD with the right abilities, the only thing to do is get your hit/expertise up with gear/gems. jewlcrafting can help this by reducing the amount of 24 stam gems you need to get to your desired health.

pullio
04-11-2009, 02:08 PM
Couple other changes that might help is the armsman chant to gloves and a titanium weapon chain (your hits fine, but you still benefit from more until 8 or 9% I believe).

You also may want to pick up a couple points in cruelty. Your crit seems low. I read somewhere here that until you have 10% sheet crit impale / dw isn't worthwhile. Raid buffed though it probably doesn't matter since you'd probably reach 10%. Dunno, never really got that straight. You could lose 2 points from prot though easily to pick up crit without hurting your survivability much, and it would probably give you more threat.

Petninja
04-11-2009, 02:26 PM
You also may want to pick up a couple points in cruelty. Your crit seems low. I read somewhere here that until you have 10% sheet crit impale / dw isn't worthwhile. Raid buffed though it probably doesn't matter since you'd probably reach 10%. Dunno, never really got that straight. You could lose 2 points from prot though easily to pick up crit without hurting your survivability much, and it would probably give you more threat.

With raid buffs Deep Wounds will make up more than 5% of his dps on any given boss fight. Cruelty does not raise your dps more than 5% without synergies (which only Deep Wounds and Impale provide for prot warriors). Also, most of the abilities he would be using have buffs to crit chance in the prot tree so he probably has a higher than 10% crit chance on average anyway. If he wanted to go more cookie cutter he could take 2 points from his shield spec and put them into cruelty since shield block is so weak currently.

Fayre
04-11-2009, 09:15 PM
I would highly recommend you take a point out of Shield Spec and put it into 1h weapon spec. A 2% increase to all your damage is not insignificant.

Valasca
04-12-2009, 12:32 PM
Thanks for all your tips and tweaks I'll have a go at changing my spec.