PDA

View Full Version : i can has stamina?

Ironspines
04-10-2009, 07:44 PM
Okay, few quick factoids:

My guild's real casual. We don't have those psychotics who can pull 4k DPS without thinking about it.
Even a point below the Expertise soft-cap, my threat compared to our DPS is astounding. I can maintain about 2k DPS on trash and infinite-rage fights.

That said and done, I'm feeling really squishy as of late. I've been taking way too much damage on Patchwerk. Do you guys think I could lose some of these Expertise gems and pop Stamina in there instead? I think 20 Expertise would be a good lower limit.

Armory link's in my signature.

P.S. Jesus Christ, these forums are elegant. <3 Tankspot

Durandro
04-10-2009, 09:23 PM
Switch a few of your gems for Expertise/Stamina ones. Including some of the +24 Stamina ones you have stopping your socket bonuses. It's small, but it'll help a little.

Otherwise, there's not alot you can do bar get better gear. Which, looking at your Armory, isn't going to be easy.

Petninja
04-10-2009, 10:12 PM
Technically stamina doesn't make you any less squishy :P. Also, technically expertise actually DOES make you less squishy. I'm surprised you feel you need more stamina for Patchwerk, since you're not under par in that area at all. It's a pretty spiky fight, and it relies mostly on your healers. It may not be an option for you, but if you're not running with a resto druid and you have the option you might consider taking one. They can go a long way towards making it easier for the other healers to do their job, at least on Patchwerk.

Ironspines
04-10-2009, 11:13 PM
Thanks for the input, guys. One of the things I'd like to do is -- yes -- get better gear. I've got SBV pieces and what not sitting there, wasting stats. Maybe my biggest trouble is that I'm comparing my Patch performance to our other tank, who emphasized a build centered on effective health.

So yes, I think I'll also regem any item that currently has a broken socket bonus, to see if I can squeeze some dodge and whatnot in there too, and boost my health. I see all of these tanks running around with 30k+ health, unbuffed, with ridiculous mitigation stats, and I just go completely jealous. >.<

Anyway, thanks again.